Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the Bucs called Gilberry, he was a little disappointed. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pewterman

Starter

#15 : September 04, 2012, 10:45:53 AM

Leave it to the media to inflate an otherwise harmless statement. No one said he's being ungrateful. He's just a tad disappointed that he has to leave his son earlier than expected. Is that such a crime? Some of you act like football athletes are not allowed to have feelings if it doesn't involve absolute football 24/7.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 04, 2012, 10:48:52 AM

I don't think the media did that at all in this case PM...

He had to tell his son something - right?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Pewterman

Starter

#17 : September 04, 2012, 10:51:13 AM

I don't think the media did that at all in this case PM...

He had to tell his son something - right?
You're right. Not sure why I said media. Just don't like the animosity because of his feelings towards his son.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 04, 2012, 11:20:56 AM

Just a couple trolls making noise.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#19 : September 04, 2012, 12:47:47 PM

I don't know how much you get paid for playing with balls but it sounds like a bit of jealousy in that post.

I said 'a ball' which is singular. Somehow, you mistook that as 'balls' which is a wee bit odd.......but, hey, I'm not here to judge you.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#20 : September 04, 2012, 12:56:38 PM

I don't know how much you get paid for playing with balls but it sounds like a bit of jealousy in that post.

I said 'a ball' which is singular. Somehow, you mistook that as 'balls' which is a wee bit odd.......but, hey, I'm not here to judge you.

I figured once you'd played with one ball you'd naturally want to play with more. You jealous types hate the thought that someone else might be getting more than you.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#21 : September 04, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

I don't know why you are so fixated with these 'balls' you keep referring to.

Sounds like you have first hand experience with one ball being a gateway to multiple balls. It's cool, man. You do YOU.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 04, 2012, 03:42:59 PM

HE BETTER QUIT WORRYING ABOUT HIS FAMILY AND FOCUS ON FOOTBALL OR HE CAN LEAVE WITH ALL THE OTHER UNMOTIVATED JERKS!!!!

One of my favorite posts in some time.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#23 : September 04, 2012, 04:56:39 PM

Here on the Red Board, we don't like thugs and we don't like family men.

MasterC25

Starter
#24 : September 04, 2012, 05:05:40 PM

"Look son, I have to go now. Some NFL team just called me and offered me $855,000.00 to play with a ball for 6 months. Please understand, son, that life throws these harsh and unfair obstacles at you. You just have to take on such harsh obstacles, and show no fear." -Gilberry

Yeah, dude makes it sound like he is deploying for 15 months in Iraq.

OUT OF TOUCH.

R u serious? You do know this was a question asked to him by a reporter about how he felt when he got the Bucs call. Its not like he ran to the newspaper or on tv to express some kind of hurt because he was leaving his son to play ball again,and who care if you have to go to Iraq for 15 months people die everyday you dont write or post no d*** BS about them being gone from there family. Going to serve in the military in the US is a choice nobody forces you so you get no pity at least not from me. Now on the other hand go live in some 3rd war countries where the choice is not in your hands then talk about being "out of touch" until then take a  _/  and keep your mouth shut.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#25 : September 05, 2012, 01:01:52 AM

"Look son, I have to go now. Some NFL team just called me and offered me $855,000.00 to play with a ball for 6 months. Please understand, son, that life throws these harsh and unfair obstacles at you. You just have to take on such harsh obstacles, and show no fear." -Gilberry

OUT OF TOUCH.

R u serious? You do know this was a question asked to him by a reporter about how he felt when he got the Bucs call. Its not like he ran to the newspaper or on tv to express some kind of hurt because he was leaving his son to play ball again,and who care if you have to go to Iraq for 15 months people die everyday you dont write or post no d*** BS about them being gone from there family. Going to serve in the military in the US is a choice nobody forces you so you get no pity at least not from me. Now on the other hand go live in some 3rd war countries where the choice is not in your hands then talk about being "out of touch" until then take a  _/  and keep your mouth shut.

Lol... Jeez MasterC25! Talk about grouchy! I'm not sure any military members are looking for "pity" from anyone. I'm pretty sure the military members who have been there and done that are pointing out the fact that the majority of NFL players as a whole HAVE NOT. It's also their (NFL players) CHOICE as you so put it to be an NFL player. Time away from family is time away whether it be a few months or a few years. It sucks either way; I mean unless you enjoy that sorta thing. I have a few buddies that do. :)

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#26 : September 05, 2012, 01:06:02 AM

I don't know why you are so fixated with these 'balls' you keep referring to.

Sounds like you have first hand experience with one ball being a gateway to multiple balls. It's cool, man. You do YOU.

Hey you brought it up. Project much? But you're right, I'd rather do me than worry about how much some dude gets for playing with balls. That's your hangup not mine.
Not that there's anything wrong with that until you start criticizing him for caring for his family while still  playing with balls so you can get relief once a week for 17 weeks. There is something wrong with that.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#27 : September 05, 2012, 12:09:37 PM

OUT OF TOUCH.

You must absolutely be Gilberry, himself. No way someone could get that upset by my attempt at humor (a poor attempt, I'm sure, but still an attempt at humor) when said attempt is not even directed at him/her.

What experience do you have in 3rd world countries? I'd love to hear it.

Also, you tell me to keep my mouth shut........well, if you don't like what I have to say then.........

TURN OFF YOUR STATION!!!!!!!!!!!

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 05, 2012, 05:10:51 PM

HE BETTER QUIT WORRYING ABOUT HIS FAMILY AND FOCUS ON FOOTBALL OR HE CAN LEAVE WITH ALL THE OTHER UNMOTIVATED JERKS!!!!

This. If he was truly focused on football, he would have given his son a $20 bill and told him to catch a taxi home.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When the Bucs called Gilberry, he was a little disappointed. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools