Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Black out thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#15 : September 04, 2012, 07:28:44 PM

The Bucs are in trouble if they don't buy up those extra tickets. Most of the average fans have already left and another season of blackouts is a recipe for disaster.   It is hard for a community to embrace a team they know nothing about.

then the community needs to get off its ass and go see them.

They'll never understand, Hate. This community lacks passion, devotion, and love for their team. They've been conditioned for years that the games SHOULD be on TV and blame everyone (Glazers, players) and everything (economy, heat. concession prices, fantasy football) but themselves that the games should be on TV.

Can't even get 85% of the stadium filled so it will be aired? What a pathetic fanbase. The owners didn't black you out, a sad excuse filled fan base blacked yourselves out.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : September 04, 2012, 08:37:53 PM

Can't even get 85% of the stadium filled so it will be aired? What a pathetic fanbase. The owners didn't black you out, a sad excuse filled fan base blacked yourselves out.

totally disagree.    The Glazers blacked out that stadium when they fired one of the best coaches in the league and replaced him with a buffoon.   Things like that tend to cause a fan base to lose faith in ownership and the product they are paying to see.   

This is all on the Glazers right now.   They have been providing a horrible product and the stadium should not be sold out.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 04, 2012, 08:47:36 PM

The Bucs are in trouble if they don't buy up those extra tickets. Most of the average fans have already left and another season of blackouts is a recipe for disaster.   It is hard for a community to embrace a team they know nothing about.

then the community needs to get off its ass and go see them.

They'll never understand, Hate. This community lacks passion, devotion, and love for their team. They've been conditioned for years that the games SHOULD be on TV and blame everyone (Glazers, players) and everything (economy, heat. concession prices, fantasy football) but themselves that the games should be on TV.

Exactly. At least some people get it...

We can't even fill 85% of the stadium, guys. We don't even need to sell out the god damn game. As a diehard Bucs fan, t's embarrassing to not even fill 85% of our stadium on OPENING DAY. If you're not embarrassed that we can't sell out this game and aren't going to the game when your in the area, you should really question your fanhood.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 04, 2012, 08:49:52 PM

totally disagree.    The Glazers blacked out that stadium when they fired one of the best coaches in the league and replaced him with a buffoon.   Things like that tend to cause a fan base to lose faith in ownership and the product they are paying to see.   

People like you are the problem. A true fan supports the team no matter how bad things get. They won't miss a game even when the team is expected to have a top 5 draft pick. Look at the Browns. They have been awufl forever yet they still get good attendance. Those are the type of fans you want. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have many of them in Tampa.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 04, 2012, 09:00:11 PM

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#20 : September 04, 2012, 09:04:13 PM

This is all on the Glazers right now.   They have been providing a horrible product and the stadium should not be sold out.

They didn't fire Belichick, or Sean Payton. They fired a barely over .500 coach. In Gruden's final playoff game the fans had a hard time buying into his win one year top 5 draft pick year level of consistency, it showed as that loss to the Giants didn't sell out until the last moment. The fans didn't stop going to games because, of the Gruden firing.

You are a fan of the team not of a coach or one player. Support them through it all, but Tampa fans don't get that.

Formerly known as T

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 04, 2012, 09:10:10 PM

The reason the stadium isn't sold out is because the seat contracts were up and the fans saw the investment into the team.  It is no secret.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 04, 2012, 09:10:41 PM

The Glazers were buying up the tix when Gruden was here. You are so fulla shlt that i don't even know why i bother.

Went to the Pate preseason game.. I am sorry.. Watching on TV or internet is 100x better imo. Just my opinion.

And you're entitled to that opinion..... enjoy your choppy internet feed!

-------------------------------------------------------

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 04, 2012, 09:16:09 PM

Pure crazy talk. Nothing EVER beats going to the game

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 04, 2012, 09:21:49 PM

BUT IT'S TOO HOT OUT!

THE BEERS THEY MAKE ME BUY ARE $10 EACH!

I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR PARKING!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 04, 2012, 09:23:37 PM

It isn't that simple.  You need to step out of the fanatic's eyes and see another viewpoint.  There are many reasons why people aren't going to the games.  Some don't like going to the games but love football.  The Bucs alone are the reason for their declining ticket sales. You can blame it on whatever you want but had the owners given their all the fans would be in the seats.  People don't buy things without doing research anymore. Especially investments that cost thousands of dollars and you only take a good time home with you..  Should I pay the charter captain $600 for a day of fishing or buy a surround sound receiver that will rock the house for 6 years?

are you going?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 04, 2012, 09:26:48 PM

Lol.. I want to pull up Morgana's mancave again that was hillarious

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 04, 2012, 09:31:57 PM

The reason the stadium isn't sold out is because the seat contracts were up and the fans saw the investment into the team. It is no secret.

That's the problem.   The Glazers stopped investing in this team in 2005.   The majority of the fans didn't notice it until Raheem was brought in.   Gruden was such a great coach, he masked the Glazer's cheapness.   But when a poor coach like Raheem came in, the cheapness was very apparent to any fan.   And Raheem did not belong in the NFL as a head coach.    Anyone who is surprised by the stadium not selling out is kidding themselves.    This team is not entertaining at this point.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#28 : September 04, 2012, 09:32:28 PM

While, the Glazers made a lot of bad moves, including Raheem....the decline was already there.  I was at the last Gruden playoff game against the Giants, the stadium was flooded with Giants fans.  Days leading up to the playoff game, it was not sold out.  The apathy for the Bucs was already there.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#29 : September 04, 2012, 09:32:33 PM

This. After having season tickets, I will always favor the in game experience over watching it on tv.

Formerly known as T

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Black out thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools