Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Black out thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 04, 2012, 09:34:35 PM

Pure crazy talk. Nothing EVER beats going to the game

This. After having season tickets, I will always favor the in game experience over watching it on tv.

Nothing beats being scared shltless because we just got into the red zone. Boom!!!

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 04, 2012, 09:34:40 PM

Can't even get 85% of the stadium filled so it will be aired? What a pathetic fanbase. The owners didn't black you out, a sad excuse filled fan base blacked yourselves out.

totally disagree.    The Glazers blacked out that stadium when they fired one of the best coaches in the league and replaced him with a buffoon.   Things like that tend to cause a fan base to lose faith in ownership and the product they are paying to see.   

This is all on the Glazers right now.   They have been providing a horrible product and the stadium should not be sold out.

While, the Glazers made a lot of bad moves, including Raheem....the decline was already there.  I was at the last Gruden playoff game against the Giants, the stadium was flooded with Giants fans.  Days leading up to the playoff game, it was not sold out.  The apathy for the Bucs was already there.

I was there as well. Couldn't believe how many Giants fans were there. And I had to deal with a bunch on my flight back home...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : September 04, 2012, 09:35:39 PM

Can't even get 85% of the stadium filled so it will be aired? What a pathetic fanbase. The owners didn't black you out, a sad excuse filled fan base blacked yourselves out.

totally disagree.    The Glazers blacked out that stadium when they fired one of the best coaches in the league and replaced him with a buffoon.   Things like that tend to cause a fan base to lose faith in ownership and the product they are paying to see.   

This is all on the Glazers right now.   They have been providing a horrible product and the stadium should not be sold out.

While, the Glazers made a lot of bad moves, including Raheem....the decline was already there.  I was at the last Gruden playoff game against the Giants, the stadium was flooded with Giants fans.  Days leading up to the playoff game, it was not sold out.  The apathy for the Bucs was already there.

I had season tickets that year.   The price of that playoff ticket was a little outlandish if you ask me.   It was more than double the price of a regular season game.    Didn't stop the regular season from selling out the following year though.    The season ticket drop wasn't drastic until following the 2009 3-13 Raheem disaster.   Some games were still sold out in 2009.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 04, 2012, 09:36:48 PM

It isn't that simple.  You need to step out of the fanatic's eyes and see another viewpoint.  There are many reasons why people aren't going to the games.  Some don't like going to the games but love football.  The Bucs alone are the reason for their declining ticket sales. You can blame it on whatever you want but had the owners given their all the fans would be in the seats.  People don't buy things without doing research anymore. Especially investments that cost thousands of dollars and you only take a good time home with you..  Should I pay the charter captain $600 for a day of fishing or buy a surround sound receiver that will rock the house for 6 years?

are you going?
I try to go to a game or so every year but unfortunately I am the captain, lol.  Like many in Tampa I am waiting for people to be able to afford frivolous things again.  Four more years = New Profession

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 04, 2012, 09:42:45 PM

Going to be in Melbourne this weekend. Even though it is 140 miles away....it's blacked out there too. Stupid. So I'll be watching a crappy internet feed also.

Still got tickets for the Redskins, Saints, and Falcons though!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 04, 2012, 09:43:59 PM

So how did the glazers not give their all?

By hiring new coaches, new GM, blowing up the roster and drafting heavily, spending in FA, lowering ticket prices across the board, offering half season packages, hiring another new coach when the old one didnt work out, promoting their charity work, or one of the many other things?

I guess they would rather lose and collect the difference in roster salary than to compete every year in the playoffs and cash in on the big bucks huh?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 04, 2012, 09:46:00 PM

By hiring new coaches, new GM, blowing up the roster and drafting heavily, spending in FA, lowering ticket prices across the board, offering half season packages, hiring another new coach when the old one didnt work out, promoting their charity work, or one of the many other things?

I guess they would rather lose and collect the difference in roster salary than to compete every year in the playoffs and cash in on the big bucks huh?

this year they have changed their strategy.   Only because they are desperate.   They showed their true colors at the end of 2007 when they jacked ticket prices 35% in one year for the lower level tickets that were owned by the most loyal fans of all from the sombrero days.   They did a good job at driving those fans away.   Real smart driving away the most loyal fans you have...

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 04, 2012, 09:51:39 PM

this year they have changed their strategy.   Only because they are desperate.   They showed their true colors at the end of 2007 when they jacked ticket prices 35% in one year for the lower level tickets that were owned by the most loyal fans of all from the sombrero days.   They did a good job at driving those fans away.   Real smart driving away the most loyal fans you have...

yes, inflation is the problem. Funny how they jacked them up so high but have been in the middle of the road in season ticket price since at least 2009.

Maybe they were just too cheap before? maybe the lower level is still practically sold out to season ticket holders despite this huge hike? wonder how thats possible? This huge % actually acounted for what? $25per seat per game?

Gas used to be 80cents a gallon too.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 04, 2012, 09:55:44 PM

Or maybe a mistake has been/is being corrected?  That can't be...  right?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 04, 2012, 09:57:10 PM

I love how 1995 to 2006 and 2008 to 2012 were just a fluke, but 2007 is the one year that they showed their true colors. That is good logic.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 04, 2012, 10:00:11 PM

Yes, the Glazer's effort this year should be applauded.  As Java said it was a strategic move. I think next year they are forced to spend with everyone else so it will be hard to see the commitment.  They are finally heading in the right direction. If the owners had given their all the whole time, we would not have been reading article after article on how the Bucs have spent the least on players from 2004-11 or 2010. They spent when we had no picks in Gruden's early years.  Then blamed the lack of spending on not having homegrown talent without remembering all of the missed picks given up for the Superbowl.  Then the build through the draft philosophy comes about with little change in scouting personnel. The list goes on.   I will always blame Manchester United for the handcuffing.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 04, 2012, 10:04:30 PM

Guys, guys, guys.  Its ALL of what you said about reasons for not filling seats and more.

Don't you get it?  Times have changed.  The football experience is different than what you cut your teeth on since '76.  Get over it.  The stadium experience is not all that people like now.  There are more choices.  Its great that you love the Bucs and go to games.  If you go to the games, what the heck do you care if its blacked out....you are there.  Good for you.  However, this is not a one size fits all football universe any more...so don't and stop pushing guilt on others like myself who aren't going to the game.  Doesn't make us less of fans.  We are exercising our right to cheer our team the way we want to.
We still buy merch etc.  Jeex....what are you? Knights of the Holy Bucs.....rounding up non-believers and chopping off their heads?   You sound uninformed, stuck in the past, and very very cranky to say the least.  Take a break.  Beat your kids. kick your dog and lock your wife in her closet, but leave the rest of us alone......( a holy war rant )

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 04, 2012, 10:07:26 PM

yes, inflation is the problem. Funny how they jacked them up so high but have been in the middle of the road in season ticket price since at least 2009.

Right after they jacked those ticket prices, they were right near the top in ticket prices.   And the average salary in Tampa is very low relative to other places.    If they based ticket prices on the average salaries of the area, Tampa should be bottom 5 in price.    To have jacked prices up into the top of the league is ridiculous.   You don't increase your price by 35% in one year if you want to keep your fans.     

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 04, 2012, 10:10:44 PM

So full circle on the discussion,   do the Glazers owe it to the fans to pick up the unsold tix to prevent the blackout?

I do not think so.

They have shown their investment. 

I think they have done quite a bit to right the ship.

I also think some of the over-active sense of entitlement types who think they are owed something should hedge their bet.  Show up, believe in and support our team for all of those who can't be there on Sunday.

I too want RJS to be an uncomfortable place for any visiting team.  I'll come away horse when I come down for a game...  something I don't often get to do in the living room.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 04, 2012, 10:18:39 PM

The Glazers don't owe it to the fans, but it would be wise long term investment. The chances of getting our fan base re energized when every game is blacked out locally is slim and none.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Black out thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools