Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evaluation Premature... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« : September 05, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »

Ok, so 10000 posts into this thing, I thought to make a little noise with this post… take it for what you will.

I’ve been a fan since day 1 and although my travels have taken me away through the last 36 years, I’ve always and will continue to be a Buccaneers fan until I take my last breath.

Most of us have seen the rollercoaster; some of us have ridden it and just said no more.  For those still on the ride and speaking for myself - Enjoy your football team now living in the present.

We’ve all seen some of the most-not-thought-out plans go astray, more so recently, but I can honestly say that I think this ship is preparing to take an abrupt change in course where our teams common
 bearing will be to play hard, play well, play for each other (and the fans) and eventually get to the waypoint we all (yeah, all of us) want them to get to…

That said - even the greatest, most optimistic Buccaneer fan on the planet should be patient this season.  Our coach has completed his initial field day and as fans, together, for once I think we have a
new shiny ship ready for sea and a crew where everyone is onboard and understands our course.  That said, I expect a storm out of port this season early and a trade wind aft in the later part of our
2012 voyage as we make our ways to fair winds and following seas.

I believe we have a very talented team. I also am certain that same team will take some time to really understand what ‘doing your job’ means in the greater context
of playing an NFL quality opponent in a ‘real bullets – live under fire’ event.   Talent in and of itself does not guarantee success.

It’s early, but I believe we have a dedicated, very talented and well thought out coaching staff of men who understand how to teach, grow and execute a game plan.

We have seen that our ownership is invested (at least they know when they screw up and have taken steps to fix it) in bringing us an entertainment product we can
all be proud of on Sundays.

Add those things together, our team (Players, Coaches and Ownership) is clearly dedicated to putting it out there. 

As a fan, I believe we are all a part of the puzzle and the remaining element to success as this thing begins its maturity process.

My role is to support our Bucs and make those 53 men on the opposite sideline wish they’d never crossed paths with our up-and-coming
Juggernaut (a large, overpowering, destructive force.)  I want to see those opposing guys with their heads down, hands on their hips wishing for it just to end.

Give it time – be critical, patient and show up (at RJS, in front of your HDTV or at your favorite local watering hole … starting this Sunday  - for Everything Worthwhile and Good Takes Time.

From my perspective – any other way of looking at it is to evaluate prematurely.

/on to 10001.
« : September 05, 2012, 02:39:41 PM blind melon »

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

jlr0714

Starter
« #1 : September 05, 2012, 03:13:39 PM »

On point - I am with you sir.   Enjoyed reading this.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #2 : September 05, 2012, 03:16:15 PM »

Great post.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 05, 2012, 03:22:28 PM »

Excellent post!
   Many of us are right with you in your support  ;D

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #4 : September 05, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »

Great post. I see a lot of people basing their opinions of this team off of preseason. Which I guess is understandable since this is a new team with new coaches/schemes. Thats also a very good reason to forget about preseason and really forget about 2011. Its a new year. I dont know how anybody can really see where this team is, at the moment. We will find out starting Sunday.

NovaBuc

Starter

« #5 : September 05, 2012, 03:47:09 PM »

Great post, agreed wholeheartedly. Cautiously optimistic this year, I don't think we will have a winning season but that we will see a more competitive team.

JM2

Pro Bowler

« #6 : September 05, 2012, 03:49:10 PM »

Nice post Melon, I agree with your assessment and will be there as well (watching via NFL Sunday Ticket from NC) and cheering the Bucs on, as always.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #7 : September 05, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »

Premature evaluation? I think there's a pill for that

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #8 : September 05, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »

Lol... there ain't no pill for that...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #9 : September 05, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »

Excellent post, blind melon, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Good stuff.

BigfootsDik

Second String

« #10 : September 05, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »

GO BUCS!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #11 : September 05, 2012, 08:30:37 PM »

Greg Schiano, the new Tony Dungy. Let's only hope he is better at picking OC's than Dungy was.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #12 : September 05, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »

Great post Blind Melon. As fans we evaluate everything, continually. I agree that we are all going to need some patience with this team this year. With a new HC, and inexperienced coordinators, there will surely be growing pains.

This is the right attitude to have. I have very low expectations of this team. 4 wins. Anything more than that and I will be pleasantly surprised.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #13 : September 06, 2012, 10:16:16 AM »

Great post Blind Melon. As fans we evaluate everything, continually. I agree that we are all going to need some patience with this team this year. With a new HC, and inexperienced coordinators, there will surely be growing pains.

This is the right attitude to have. I have very low expectations of this team. 4 wins. Anything more than that and I will be pleasantly surprised.

i wouldn't say I have low expectations...  because I don't really have a clue how they are going to do when they count,   But I am ready to see a team grow (for real this time - I so looked forward to it with Morris and that turned into a Conflagration.)

Building a dynasty takes patience.   I'm willing to support them while its being built with the condition they are competitive and as described above.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #14 : September 06, 2012, 10:53:45 AM »

It appears that I am more confident than most. That's to be expected, I guess, but hope to have more company as the season progresses. I look back at 2010 and I think about the personnel upgrades since then, and nobody here would argue in favor of that coaching staff. Players have matured and gained experience. They learned a lot in the collapse last year. The schedule is tougher, but I believe the players are better prepared. It takes time to gel. I know that, but these guys will know their assignments because of superior instruction and no lockout. I will continue to say 9 wins minimum until it is simply not possible.

I've cheered for every Buccaneer team we have ever had, and most of those teams had much less talent and much worse coaching. I am comfortable in feeling this franchise will be remembered for what happens in this decade.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evaluation Premature... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools