Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Bucs/Panthers is Intriguing:. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: September 06, 2012, 12:24:27 AM

Quick Take: Newton vies to avoid sophomore slump

Published: Sept. 5, 2012 at 04:38 p.m.

NFL.com and NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport has his thoughts on the game:

Why this game is intriguing: This game really should be more highly ranked, but the other two teams in the NFC South are still relegated to B-side status. For now. We'll watch with interest to see whether Cam Newton can avoid a sophomore slump. He'll begin that challenge against an intriguing Buccaneers team that could be a surprise success in 2012. They have restocked with talent, like free agent Vincent Jackson, and new coach Greg Schiano has brought fundamentals to the forefront. Tampa Bay has come a long way in a short time.

What to watch: Newton is always great to watch, primarily because he does things most passers aren't capable of. But all eyes will also be on the Panthers D. Assuming Jon Beason is healthy, how much improvement can defensive-minded coach Ron Rivera coax out of this unit? Carolina's defenders don't face an easy task, and not just because no one can really cover Jackson. It's also because Bucs rookie running back Doug Martin has drawn rave reviews.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 06, 2012, 03:24:57 AM

Could be a shootout. Both defenses aren't all that and both offenses have the ability to produce points if they're on.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : September 06, 2012, 03:30:32 AM

Could be a shootout.

Please.   The Bucs have Freeman.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 06, 2012, 03:47:06 AM

Could be a shootout.

Yup.

An I thank god every day that the Bucs don't have a wimpy arm like Tebow at QB.

TBChucky

Starter
#4 : September 06, 2012, 06:15:12 AM

I am very excited the season is finally here! I am trying to temper my enthusiasm, and be realistic as far as win losses go. I am looking forward to watching the team improve and hopefully get better every week. I would LOVE to crush Cam, but I am honestly pretty nervous about this game..

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#5 : September 06, 2012, 06:29:14 AM

Bump

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 06, 2012, 07:27:18 AM

It's intriguing because we hate each other. When they switched up the divisions and put us together, we immediately hated each other. It's not like we love the Falcons or Saints either, but there is just a hate that exists between the Bucs and the Panthers that makes it special to me. I think it is because at first we were both top defenses, so it was a pride thing. There is a lot of history and bad blood in the short time we have been division rivals though. Now it is just about hate for each other. We can go 2-14 as long as we sweep the Panthers.

Draft Aaron Donald

danimal09

Starter

#7 : September 06, 2012, 07:50:05 AM

Java's sig should say White Power instead of Winners. haha

danimal09

Starter

#8 : September 06, 2012, 07:52:34 AM

It's intriguing because we hate each other. When they switched up the divisions and put us together, we immediately hated each other. It's not like we love the Falcons or Saints either, but there is just a hate that exists between the Bucs and the Panthers that makes it special to me. I think it is because at first we were both top defenses, so it was a pride thing. There is a lot of history and bad blood in the short time we have been division rivals though. Now it is just about hate for each other. We can go 2-14 as long as we sweep the Panthers.

I agree! There is just something about the Panthers that makes my skin crawl. If we could only win two games every year I would want it to be the two times we play them. I think it has to do with the cheap shots that have come out of the games between them. Or both just embarrassing each other at times. Whatever it is I love to hate me some Panthers!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 06, 2012, 08:10:08 AM

I know Cam is looking to avoid the sophmore slump but the slump has much more to do with other teams having a year of tape on him and scouting/preparing for him better. The sophmore slump comes about because what worked in year 1 doesn't work as well in year 2 and then Cam has to adapt for year 3. I'm sure he'll be good again this year but I tend to think that he won't match what he did last year. Let's hope anyway.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#10 : September 06, 2012, 09:13:27 AM

You boys are preaching to the choir!  Since I live in NC, the Panthers have become my most hated rival. 

Pewterman

Starter

#11 : September 06, 2012, 10:00:39 AM

I know Cam is looking to avoid the sophmore slump but the slump has much more to do with other teams having a year of tape on him and scouting/preparing for him better. The sophmore slump comes about because what worked in year 1 doesn't work as well in year 2 and then Cam has to adapt for year 3. I'm sure he'll be good again this year but I tend to think that he won't match what he did last year. Let's hope anyway.

Not to mention the Bucs have had their eyes set on this game for months and have in turn studied tape harder than probably any team will have the opportunity to. I personally would look at the Saints-Panthers film. The Saints managed to contain Cam better than any other team so we should look for hints there.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 06, 2012, 10:18:55 AM

The Saints attacked the head repeatedly! Lol

Draft Aaron Donald

TBChucky

Starter
#13 : September 06, 2012, 10:28:50 AM

The Saints attacked the head repeatedly! Lol
Paging Mr. Barron..

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 06, 2012, 10:34:47 AM

Could be a shootout.

Yup.

An I thank god every day that the Bucs don't have a wimpy arm like Tebow at QB.

Now if only God could bless Freeman with some confidence.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Bucs/Panthers is Intriguing:. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools