Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Giants Secondary gives us a chance! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

m_j

Starter

: September 06, 2012, 05:18:39 AM

Giants Secondary and bigger part of their defense were looking awfull yesterday. With additions we've got on the offensive side of the ball we must have a chance, well, as long as our defense allows that!

OK, it might sound too optimistic but Giants were all but good! Just a feeling  ;D

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#1 : September 06, 2012, 05:39:59 AM

Personally, I think their rough start will have them more focused and motivated for the Bucs. With a week and a half to prepare, Coughlin will have his boys ready for us. Hopefully we're ready too... Scary..

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#2 : September 06, 2012, 06:31:27 AM

Personally, I think their rough start will have them more focused and motivated for the Bucs. With a week and a half to prepare, Coughlin will have his boys ready for us. Hopefully we're ready too... Scary..

The rust will be gone

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 06, 2012, 07:12:56 AM

Rust doesn't always shake itself off in one week. Remember that the Giants are often slow starters and fast finishers. Their secondary problems aren't just an issue with rust; they are decimated by injuries and you can legitimately throw against them. Conversely, we have no DeMarcus Ware to rush the passer. So if we're gonna beat them, it's gotta be a different way (through turnovers). I can see this happening too, strangely enough.
This underlines the significance of the Carolina game. Start 2-0 and we could make a legit run at a playofff berth.

In Verner We Trust

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 06, 2012, 07:21:10 AM

They were playing their 5th CB at nickel due to injuries. Then he pulled his hami and they had to go with their 6th CB. They also had no rotation at DT due to injuries, so their DTs were tired in the second half from playing every snap and it showed. Not sure how serious any of the injuries are though. They might have some guys back next week.

m_j

Starter

#5 : September 06, 2012, 07:27:58 AM

They were playing their 5th CB at nickel due to injuries. Then he pulled his hami and they had to go with their 6th CB. They also had no rotation at DT due to injuries, so their DTs were tired in the second half from playing every snap and it showed. Not sure how serious any of the injuries are though. They might have some guys back next week.

Yepp, thats what gives me hope.I hardly saw any rotation and CBs were awful! OK, they have loong week to get someone back, but that is our only chance, attack them there!  That's exactly what Romo did yesterday!

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 06, 2012, 07:54:14 AM

Giants Secondary and bigger part of their defense were looking awfull yesterday. With additions we've got on the offensive side of the ball we must have a chance, well, as long as our defense allows that!

OK, it might sound too optimistic but Giants were all but good! Just a feeling  ;D

Just curious. But who do we have that can handle J. Pierre-Paul? We should be more concerned about their DL than the secondary.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 06, 2012, 08:11:04 AM

The Bucs don't have a chance against the Giants, I think it could get ugly, I could see it being a 24 point loss.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 06, 2012, 09:09:43 AM

Yepp, thats what gives me hope.I hardly saw any rotation and CBs were awful! OK, they have loong week to get someone back, but that is our only chance, attack them there!  That's exactly what Romo did yesterday!

demarco murray ran for 130.  not too shabby.  NYG didnt stop the pass or the run.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 06, 2012, 09:10:22 AM

The Bucs don't have a chance against the Giants, I think it could get ugly, I could see it being a 24 point loss.

The Bucs have a chance against the giants, i think it could be ugly, i could see a win.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 06, 2012, 09:15:57 AM

demarco murray ran for 130.  not too shabby.  NYG didnt stop the pass or the run.
Worth noting 48 of those rushing yards (I think) came on a weird busted play when most of the defense thought Murray was down for a loss. Take away that one play and he would have only had 80 yards for the game. Additionally, neither Smith nor Free could stop pressure off the edge all night but Romo was a maestro moving around and making plays amongst the chaos. A lesser QB like Freeman might not be so effective in that situation. Congrats to Dallas for making the plays, but I didn't see any kind of gashing. They had to earn it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 06, 2012, 09:21:39 AM

Very true FRG. Hopefully Sullivan stays as patient with the run as Dallas was. Quick slants and screens will be needed early imo to help take some pressure off the line against Jpp, Tuck and Osi. Wouldn't surprise me to see JPP line up on Truebloods side early and often given his struggle with speed rushers.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 06, 2012, 09:21:54 AM

Worth noting 48 of those rushing yards (I think) came on a weird busted play when most of the defense thought Murray was down for a loss. Take away that one play and he would have only had 80 yards for the game. Additionally, neither Smith nor Free could stop pressure off the edge all night but Romo was a maestro moving around and making plays amongst the chaos. A lesser QB like Freeman might not be so effective in that situation. Congrats to Dallas for making the plays, but I didn't see any kind of gashing. They had to earn it.

arent you a big proponent of not taking plays out when considering everything?  i think murray is known as a big play RB, so why eliminate his big play?  no problem noting it though, i know ive done it a time or two.

fact is the cowboys put up big numbers running and passing.  fact is even the SB winning giants have depth issues.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 06, 2012, 09:31:53 AM

Maybe not that bad, but, it's another loss added to the 11 game losing streak......

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 06, 2012, 09:33:04 AM

Fair point and I wouldn't take away that big play if he immediately bursted through a hole, stiff armed a safety, and no one caught up with him, like what happens when teams play the Bucs, or any other series of events that represented some way the Cowboys 11 players defeated the Giants 11 players. But the Giants had Murray dead to rights with two defensive linemen hitting him in the backfield and then the rest of the team loafing from there on out. Sure, the play still counts, but it didn't really represent the Giants not being able to stop the run. It was a fluke and not something any other team could legitimately try and exploit.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Giants Secondary gives us a chance! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools