Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Giants Secondary gives us a chance! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 17, 2012, 08:47:39 AM

Doesn't look like New York was as susceptible to the run as against Dallas.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 17, 2012, 09:26:01 AM

We don't have a number 3 WR like Ogletree, that was no fluke he's just reeally good. This years Cruz. We also don't have a QB like Romo.

Meh....lets not put too much into that one performance. That Giants secondary is in shambles. Im not gonna say that it was a fluke...but I don't think calling him "reeally good" is all that accurate.

Look at Dallas' system. Their #3 receiver is going to get a lot of looks and will be given the 4th most attention by the defense with Austin, Bryant and Witten taking up a lot of the defenses attention.

If anything, Ogletree could be this years Laurent Robinson....A Victor Cruz 2011 impact is highly highly unlikely.

Ogletree fizzled out yesterday.  Giants corners were very shallow and Dallas had a great gameplan to spread them out and attack in multiple wide sets.  We might have had more success if we did the same.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 17, 2012, 09:31:52 AM

We don't have a number 3 WR like Ogletree, that was no fluke he's just reeally good. This years Cruz. We also don't have a QB like Romo.

Meh....lets not put too much into that one performance. That Giants secondary is in shambles. Im not gonna say that it was a fluke...but I don't think calling him "reeally good" is all that accurate.

Look at Dallas' system. Their #3 receiver is going to get a lot of looks and will be given the 4th most attention by the defense with Austin, Bryant and Witten taking up a lot of the defenses attention.

If anything, Ogletree could be this years Laurent Robinson....A Victor Cruz 2011 impact is highly highly unlikely.

Ogletree fizzled out yesterday.  Giants corners were very shallow and Dallas had a great gameplan to spread them out and attack in multiple wide sets.  We might have had more success if we did the same.
We're a power running team behind our 3.3 YPC running back.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 17, 2012, 01:57:01 PM

i realize you hate it, but you might as well accept it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 17, 2012, 02:04:47 PM

Giants Secondary and bigger part of their defense were looking awfull yesterday. With additions we've got on the offensive side of the ball we must have a chance, well, as long as our defense allows that!

OK, it might sound too optimistic but Giants were all but good! Just a feeling  ;D

If the Giants defense was really that bad, its an insult to us that we didn't score more or have long drives to eat up the clock.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 17, 2012, 02:09:24 PM

i realize you hate it, but you might as well accept it.
I'm sure the opponents accept that every time they run a play against the Bucs, they get 7.24 yards, and every time the Bucs run a play, they get 4.95 yards.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 17, 2012, 02:15:37 PM

I'm sure the opponents accept that every time they run a play against the Bucs, they get 7.24 yards, and every time the Bucs run a play, they get 4.95 yards.

do you believe the Bucs are a better team than the panthers or the giants?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 17, 2012, 02:24:10 PM

do you believe the Bucs are a better team than the panthers or the giants?
I'd say equal to the Panthers but not even close to as talented as the Giants.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 17, 2012, 02:26:06 PM

Three yards and a could of dust. Running Tampa Bay into the 1980s

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 17, 2012, 02:29:30 PM

Since teams now are built to stop the pass, they'll never be able to stop our power running game.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 17, 2012, 03:32:27 PM

Since teams now are built to stop the pass, they'll never be able to stop our power running game.

Yes, but all of this running the ball (16th in the NFL) has really opened up the passing game (27th in the NFL).

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 17, 2012, 03:54:57 PM

Yes, but all of this running the ball (16th in the NFL) has really opened up the passing game (27th in the NFL).
Exactly. The two feed off each other.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 17, 2012, 04:31:20 PM

Wasnt our playcalling pretty even yesterday?? I remember seeing that it was actually pretty balanced for the whole game. So its not like we are only running the ball. Damn do people overexaggerate on this board.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 17, 2012, 04:40:10 PM

Wasnt our playcalling pretty even yesterday?? I remember seeing that it was actually pretty balanced for the whole game. So its not like we are only running the ball. Damn do people overexaggerate on this board.
It got evened up at the end. 7 of the last 8 offensive plays were passes.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 17, 2012, 04:42:55 PM

It got evened up at the end. 7 of the last 8 offensive plays were passes.

i just glanced but didnt we have 30 pass plays and 22 runs?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Giants Secondary gives us a chance! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools