Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are you not going to the bucs game on Sunday? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

RiotHeart

Starter

#75 : September 09, 2012, 01:34:12 PM

More $30 tickets released.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#76 : September 09, 2012, 01:41:47 PM

too late....rain will keep people away now....why weren't these available before Thursday?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 09, 2012, 01:42:42 PM

Too expensive to see a game?   How about going to the movies?   That ain't cheap.

Movies go from $6-15, Buc tickets about $68 on avg.

RiotHeart

Starter

#78 : September 09, 2012, 01:45:50 PM

too late....rain will keep people away now....why weren't these available before Thursday?
Every venue releases tickets a few hours before the event, unsure why. It's how I got all of my Lightning playoff tickets.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#79 : September 09, 2012, 02:01:04 PM

1. Tampa is a city of transplants who don't support their new town's team, even when they've lived here for decades.

2. Tampa is still in an economic mess with joblessness, with home prices crumbling. People starting to do the right thing and live within their means (or beneath their means) because they never know if their current paycheck may be their last.

3. Tickets are on average $68/seat (see today's Tampa Times). With $68, I could see 5-6 new release movies, go to dinner a couple of times, see a good concert at the amphitheater, see the Rays or Bolts play several times, pay half my cable bill, pay my water bill, fill up my car w/ gas twice, get 5-6 haircuts. My season tickets for the USF Bulls is $99/season. You get the point.

4. The city is filled with a lot of casual football fans, but not fanatics. Until the Bucs become Championship level again, the casual fans won't go to the stadium. Only when the team is near the top will the casual fans come out because "its the in place to be".

5. The stadium is hotter than hell in September. Your skin bakes, even at 4 pm starts, and it is very uncomfortable. I enjoy the 72-degree temps at the Trop, btw. I spend hours every day outside playing sports, but still don't like the heat and humidity at the stadium. Most people aren't acclimated like I am, so I look around at them as see some miserable human beings out there who just shelled out $50-200 per ticket for the luxury of seeing a game in Raymond James Stadium and I ask myself "why".

6. The Glazers have raped the fans from about 2003 onward with the product on the field. They held season ticket holders hostage with their seat deposits when the demand for their product was higher. Now they realized what they did and are trying to make up for it by making season packages more enticing and bring in a few big name players. Many loyal fans are tired of the Glazers and have found better things to do on Sunday afternoons.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter. As a season ticket holder I'm not embarrassed whatsoever about the crowds. Happens in most venues in Florida (Miami and JAx included).

Mostly 1 and 4 and I'd add 7. Because of the weather, the waterfront location, etc. there are so many other things to do on a Sunday in Tampa like fishing, diving, sailing, going to the beach, golf, etc.

I don't buy the "economy" excuse because Detroit, Oakland and Cleveland have had rabid fan bases for decades and all during times when their economy was far worse than Tampa's.

i think people just dont care enough.   

fishing, diving, sailing, golf are all expensive hobbies so that throws money out.  morgan talks about the heat but also has USF season tickets.  many get upset, but fans in tampa just arent crazy about the Bucs.   doesnt mean all the fans, just means enough of the fans to make a statement.  i wonder if some of the other cities feel the entitlement issues that tampa fans do?  i certainly understand them, but it goes back to how big (or committed) a fan one is.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

RiotHeart

Starter

#80 : September 09, 2012, 03:36:41 PM

here now weathers great. come out people. at the entrance of free parking with a huge bucs flag on the back of a truck. hope to see some of you here.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#81 : September 09, 2012, 09:47:04 PM

fishing, diving, sailing, golf are all expensive hobbies so that throws money out.  morgan talks about the heat but also has USF season tickets.  many get upset, but fans in tampa just arent crazy about the Bucs.   doesnt mean all the fans, just means enough of the fans to make a statement.  i wonder if some of the other cities feel the entitlement issues that tampa fans do?  i certainly understand them, but it goes back to how big (or committed) a fan one is.

Golf in summer months isn't expensive.
USF games are at 7 pm kickoff.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are you not going to the bucs game on Sunday? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools