Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Start of Season, Cowboys Vs. Giants « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#180 : September 06, 2012, 02:31:26 PM

Anyone not concerned about Dallas after losing four in a row to them and getting outscored 116-55 is an idiot.

I think that's a different worry:

What kind of Bucs team is this?

I hope we are better than the one led by G-Force and Leftwich.

Here's an interesting tidbit from the 2011 game - only one reception in that game was caught by a current Buc. It was Luke Stocker. The other receivers - Lumpkin, Briscoe, Madu, Winslow, Spurlock and Pianalto are all gone.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#181 : September 06, 2012, 02:33:25 PM

Romo or Tebow?   That's a tough call.
They're very similar. Either you hate em' or you love 'em. Both are criticized heavily and both have only 1 playoff win under their belt. Tebow is unnatural in the 4th quarter and I wonder sometimes if Romo should be pulled in the 4th but is one of the best statistical QBs of all time in the regular season. Your pick Java. Who'd you take?

I have to be honest.   I'd take Romo over Tebow.   But there are very few QB's I'd take over Tebow.   Freeman isn't one of them.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#182 : September 06, 2012, 02:51:20 PM

Romo or Tebow?   That's a tough call.
They're very similar. Either you hate em' or you love 'em. Both are criticized heavily and both have only 1 playoff win under their belt. Tebow is unnatural in the 4th quarter and I wonder sometimes if Romo should be pulled in the 4th but is one of the best statistical QBs of all time in the regular season. Your pick Java. Who'd you take?

I have to be honest.   I'd take Romo over Tebow.   But there are very few QB's I'd take over Tebow.   Freeman isn't one of them.

Romo sucks and Tebow isn't even a starter. So of course I'd rather have Freeman.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

jlr0714

Starter
#183 : September 06, 2012, 03:54:53 PM

I didn't see anything out of either team last night that would lead me to believe that I should automatically drop games 2 & 3 in the loss category. 

The Giants have significant issues in the secondary right now...and because they couldn't cover at all, Romo was able to pick them apart with quick 3 step drops, and sliding around in the pocket.   For a pass rush to be effective, you have to be able to cover the receivers for at least a few seconds.   There were Cowboy receivers wide open very quickly all night.

The issues with the Cowboys O-Line still exist...but if you only have to hold your block for 2 seconds, even a pretty bad lineman can appear successful.   I think our secondary is much better than the Giants (as it was last night)...so we can compel the Boys O-Line to have to sustain blocks.   Romo gets less accurate and more jumpy with pressure...if he can't count on receivers running wide open through the secondary, we can force some turnovers.  I also think we can run on Dallas...Momo showed decent cover skills, but he appears to be allergic to contact.   I saw him literally take a face first dive to the turf to avoid getting blown up by the Giant's FB.   Gave me horrible flashbacks to Dexter Jackson.   :-)

We will still need to play virtually error free football...but that's generally true anyway.   And we have to find a solution for JPP and D. Ware in both games.
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Start of Season, Cowboys Vs. Giants « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools