Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arizona woman charged $80,000 for 3-hour hospital visit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 12, 2012, 03:01:34 AM

meh, just dont pay it. Its really that simple. There are plenty of ways of getting out of medical expenses.  Not paying them is the easiest. In time, it will just go away.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : September 12, 2012, 09:00:34 AM

It only "goes away" if they can't find you. If you have regular employment, they sue you and garnish your check, naive one.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 12, 2012, 09:48:37 AM

5 years later a mysterious $500 bill from the birth of son appeared about a month ago.  Of course trying to find out what this mysterious bill is for is almost impossible.   All you get is a "trust us you owe it".   Nope, doesn't go away.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 12, 2012, 06:21:54 PM

5 years later a mysterious $500 bill from the birth of son appeared about a month ago.  Of course trying to find out what this mysterious bill is for is almost impossible.   All you get is a "trust us you owe it".   Nope, doesn't go away.
And that is a fact.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 14, 2012, 03:32:36 PM

most states have a law that they can not garnish your wages for medical expenses. Also, most every medical company in the US files unpaid bills with their insurance after 5-7 years. These bills can not negatively effect your credit either. Will these companies still try these things anyways? of course they will. If you do some research and talk to a lawyer, you wont have to pay a dime unless youre dumb enough to go to a private practice.

Many big hospitals get govt kickbacks for providing care to people who cant pay as well. Tampa General gets tons of funding for this. Smaller hospitals do not, so they often try to collect on these debts but a quick check with a lawyer will show you most states do not allow wage garnishment. And all of them do not allow medical debts to effect your credit.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 14, 2012, 04:15:51 PM

and if they can find you they will send you bills, or refer the matter to collections agencies, and adversely affect your credit.  And can't pay is different than won't pay.  http://www.mint.com/blog/credit/how-medical-bill-debt-impacts-your-credit-score-062012/

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 15, 2012, 12:56:12 PM

These bills can not negatively effect your credit either.

They will when the company files a nonpayment complaint with the credit agencies.

These things don't just "go away", tat.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 15, 2012, 01:13:40 PM

The flow this thread has taken is typical with just about everything Cyberduck posts........The loser victim is most likely on medicaid, and there ain't one poster that knows if I'm right or if I'm wrong. It's the typical mindfugg most folks absorb without knowing the facts.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 15, 2012, 07:48:55 PM

The flow this thread has taken is typical with just about everything Cyberduck posts........The loser victim is most likely on medicaid, and there ain't one poster that knows if I'm right or if I'm wrong. It's the typical mindfugg most folks absorb without knowing the facts.
Ummm - the initial article tells the reader the woman's insurance company has already paid over 50 thousand dollars.  So I would offer you are wrong. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arizona woman charged $80,000 for 3-hour hospital visit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools