Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has any non-rookie QB in NFL history started and lost 11 games in a row? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

: September 08, 2012, 03:43:26 AM

Freeman started every one of those last 10 losses.   I know many teams have lost 10 in a row in the past, but normally those type of teams will make a QB change along the way trying to shake things up.   If Freeman loses this week, it will be 11 in a row for him.   I wouldn't be surprised if that was the first time in NFL history a QB who was not a rookie has started and lost 11 games in a row.   Does anyone know for sure?

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 08, 2012, 04:01:34 AM

Well Steve Spurrier started 12 games in 1976 and lost them all. The only thing I am not sure about is if they were all in a row or not. There were also some winless teams waaaaay back in NFL history that may or may not have had the same QB week in week out.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 08, 2012, 04:04:35 AM

Well Steve Spurrier started 12 games in 1976 and lost them all. The only thing I am not sure about is if they were all in a row or not. There were also some winless teams waaaaay back in NFL history that may or may not have had the same QB week in week out.

We lost every game that year!   do the math

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#3 : September 08, 2012, 04:10:48 AM

We lost every game that year!   do the math

Thank you for your comment, Captain Obvious. Java was asking if any other QB had started 11 games in a ROW and lost them all. I know we lost them all but 2 other QBs got starts that year Parnell **CENSORED**inson and Terry Hanratty, what I don't know is if Spurrier had 12 starts in a row or not.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 08, 2012, 04:11:42 AM

Spurrier did not start 12 in a row in 1976.   Parnell **CENSORED**enson started week 7 against the Dolphins.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 08, 2012, 06:00:16 AM

We have the easiest going fan base in the league.  No serious criticism of Freeman.  Hell there were a handful of people that wanted to keep Morris.
: September 08, 2012, 06:03:41 AM Skull and Bones

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 08, 2012, 09:04:38 AM

Try Jake Delhomme for one when the Panthers went 1-15. Not sure who the starting QB was for the Lions a few years back when they went 0-16.

Actually Freeman didn't lose the last 10 games. He missed one game due to injury. What does it really matter. Your pathetic bashing of Freeman is getting really old.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 08, 2012, 09:33:19 AM

Pathetic bashing or not 22 int's and losing 10 in a row would get most QB's pulled. The issue is we have no competition at QB. If we had a real back up here who had won some real games in the NFL, perhaps you sit Josh a game last year.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 08, 2012, 09:46:32 AM

TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 08, 2012, 09:49:27 AM

We have the easiest going fan base in the league.  No serious criticism of Freeman.  Hell there were a handful of people that wanted to keep Morris.

If you're talking about the girls that post on this board, then I agree.....every time I post some objective criticism I get blasted, and someone gets my threads removed. It's like some folks just became Bucs fans and don't know the dismal history of this franchise.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 08, 2012, 09:52:04 AM

Pathetic bashing or not 22 int's and losing 10 in a row would get most QB's pulled. The issue is we have no competition at QB. If we had a real back up here who had won some real games in the NFL, perhaps you sit Josh a game last year.

Those losses were not totally on Freeman, there were games he played well enough to win. Here are the games:

11/06 New Orleans 27-37 281 yards 1TD 0INTs
11/20 Green Bay 28-38 342 yards 2TD 2INTs (both were on the receivers)
12/17 Dallas 17-27 148 yards 1TD 0INTs (offensive line played terrible that game)
12/24 Carolina 28-38 274 yards 1TD 1INTs
01/01 Atlanta 31-45 274 yards 2TD 3INTs (two interceptions were on Winslow)

Four of the 9 games that he played in - he played well enough for the team to win. Yes he threw 22 interceptions, but at least a third of those were on the receivers for running the wrong route, not running a good route or letting the ball bounce off their hands and into the hands of the defender.

Freeman WAS NOT the problem last season that he is made out to be. Lack of discipline, too many penalties, inferior play calling and the fact that the offense was playing from behind all the time lead to many of those losses. I've watched many of those games on NFL Rewind as I'm sure the coaching staff has done and that's the primary reason Winslow isn't here this season and while we made getting Nicks and Jackson a priority.

Freeman didn't play well last season, but neither did a lot of guys. Those 10 losses were a group effort and to think otherwise is stupid IMO.

>:(

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 08, 2012, 09:53:14 AM

Try Jake Delhomme for one when the Panthers went 1-15. Not sure who the starting QB was for the Lions a few years back when they went 0-16.

Actually Freeman didn't lose the last 10 games. He missed one game due to injury.

Good point.   JJ started the Carolina game near the end of the year.    So Freeman hasn't lost 10 in a row.    That's a relief!

Delhomme was not the starter for the Panthers when they went 1-15.  It was Chris Weinke.  And he was a rookie that year (4th round pick).   

The Lions had a few QBs that 0-16 year.   Kitna started the year.  Orlovsky was one of the starting QBs that year!     A Daunte Culpepper on his last legs was one of the starters that year as well. 

S&B seems to get the point.    When teams suck - they try the other QB, they don't keep rolling with the guy who loses every week.    What is surprising to me is that some people still seem to think Freeman is a "franchise" guy.     I don't see that at all.    If he loses the first 5, go with Orlovsky (even though he's not any great superstar either).   

They should have traded for Tebow.   He's a winner.   

NovaBuc

Starter

#12 : September 08, 2012, 09:53:27 AM

Dan Pastoriini lost 21 starts in a row after he was a rookie, the longest losing streak for an NFL quarterback.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 08, 2012, 10:07:09 AM

Dan Pastoriini lost 21 starts in a row after he was a rookie, the longest losing streak for an NFL quarterback.

True.   But he didn't start those 21 in a row.  They tried Kent Nix and Lynn **CENSORED**ey at QB in between.   Pastorini started 12 out of 14 in 1972 and 10 out of 14 in 1973.    The Oilers only won 1 game both of those years.   Perhaps the most pathetic team I've ever seen.  The funny thing was the 1 game they won in 73, Pastorini did not start.   

That was a cool post though.   I did like Pastorini.   He wasn't a great QB, but he had guts.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#14 : September 08, 2012, 10:13:39 AM

That is pretty crazy that Freeman has lost his last 9 starts. I don't think a real "franchise quarterback" would ever do that, but you have to admit he was put in a terrible situation with everybody else quitting on Raheem, Winslow's knees turning into a 90 year old's, Mike Williams being out of shape and having Kregg freaking Lumpkin take a majority of the team's snaps at RB. As many have said before, this year he has no excuses. They went out and got him basically the best WR, guard and every down RB available and got an entire new coaching staff. You can tell even guys like Mike Williams and Blount have matured so much since Schiano got here....you can really here it in their voice and the way they're handling their business now. He basically has zero excuses now. I'm excited to see how it all unfolds with Freeman this year...this is as make or break as it gets. Schiano is one that's not afraid to pull someone if they aren't getting the job done.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has any non-rookie QB in NFL history started and lost 11 games in a row? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools