Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 14, 2012, 11:59:47 AM

Watched UF at Vandy and Florida's O is pathetic in general, but their receivers are horrifically abysmal. Must have been over 8 drops of balls in hands or in the chest. Turrible.

So what happens when they play Alabama?

Personally, I'll just be happy they made it to Atlanta.  That wasn't supposed to happen this year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 14, 2012, 12:15:06 PM

Watched UF at Vandy and Florida's O is pathetic in general, but their receivers are horrifically abysmal. Must have been over 8 drops of balls in hands or in the chest. Turrible.

So what happens when they play Alabama?

UF's DL will give Bama's vaunted OL their best test so far, so it will be a slow game to start. But eventually McCarrin will find holes in UF's zone, get more than 7 points/ quarter, and UF just won't be able to catch up. No 4th quarter demolition's like UF's previous games. 38-20 Bama (with 7 or more of UF's 20 courtesy of D or ST)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#62 : October 14, 2012, 12:17:17 PM

Question for those that watch Florida:

Anyone else think Shariff "The Sheriff" Floyd would look good in Pewter?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 14, 2012, 12:25:57 PM

as much as i hate to have UF players on the Bucs, i find it hard to root for them but id absolutely like to have him. you think he stays for a senior year? ive read he might stick it out one more year and improve himself up to a 1st round grade
: October 14, 2012, 12:28:15 PM dexmonkey

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#64 : October 14, 2012, 01:37:33 PM

The offense definitely has holes , but you have to credit how physical the Gators offensive line is. They've been able to run on every team they've played this season , including LSU. I haven't seen LSU get manhandled at the line of scrimmage like they did against Florida in years , not even against Alabama.

It's not flashy , but if the game is close in the 2nd half the Gators are stuffing it down your throat . You can wins lots of games like that.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : October 14, 2012, 02:32:49 PM

Yessir.  Elam as well.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 14, 2012, 02:50:41 PM

we wont take elam. if we do ill be pissed unless we get him in the 2nd. we desperately need DL or a corner in the 1st

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#67 : October 14, 2012, 04:40:58 PM

UF did play most of the vandy game without their starting LT, LG, and C i think.  also missed starting WLB and easley.  i didnt get to see the entire game, but i was surprised vandy ran the ball as well as they did with their quick set OL.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#68 : October 14, 2012, 04:43:30 PM

as much as i hate to have UF players on the Bucs, i find it hard to root for them but id absolutely like to have him. you think he stays for a senior year? ive read he might stick it out one more year and improve himself up to a 1st round grade

im not sure.  ive heard whispers that there are still a few "meyer" players on the team and once they are gone team environment will improve.  i havent heard anything negative, but some of the guys such as powell, easley, floyd, and elam came in with a ton of fanfare and rubbed many the wrong way.  id be surprised if any of them stay.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 14, 2012, 05:13:46 PM

like i said, id like to have him in our DT rotation.  i like Floyd as a DT and anthony mccloud from FSU as a NT. those two would provide great backups to mccoy and miller. floyd is so good at pressure and mccloud is so strong and anchors the line

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 14, 2012, 08:04:22 PM

im not sure.  ive heard whispers that there are still a few "meyer" players on the team and once they are gone team environment will improve.  i havent heard anything negative, but some of the guys such as powell, easley, floyd, and elam came in with a ton of fanfare and rubbed many the wrong way.  id be surprised if any of them stay.

Floyd has never been a problem.  He's a great dude.

Easley on the other hand....

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#71 : October 14, 2012, 09:09:55 PM

we wont take elam. if we do ill be pissed unless we get him in the 2nd. we desperately need DL or a corner in the 1st

Elam is a beast but you are right, we don't "need" him. We hit a homer with Barron and watch out for Ahmad Black, he will start once Barber retires.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#72 : October 14, 2012, 09:17:22 PM

i didnt mean to insinuate any of the guys were problems...just that they might not be as committed to muschamp and UF.  but that doesnt sound right either.  scratch it all!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#73 : October 16, 2012, 10:02:44 AM

i didnt mean to insinuate any of the guys were problems...just that they might not be as committed to muschamp and UF.  but that doesnt sound right either.  scratch it all!
I won't comment about any players in particular, but those kids know they have a limited opportunity to potentially make a ton of money, and if a door opens for them, they have to walk through it. It doesn't mean they're not committed. No player is committed to anything beyond the season at hand.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#74 : October 27, 2012, 08:56:01 PM

Awful loss.  I hate to see the team give a game away, and that's what happened.

Also, what a game for Jarvis Jones.  13 tackles, 5 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 FF, and 2 FR.  Damn....

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools