Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 28, 2012, 08:10:36 AM

A sloppy ass mess....you can't come out and play that way with the SEC East on the line ....and I think that's the reason it happened. The Gators have been playing loose all season , yesterday was the 1st time they were tight . I think they realized how close they were .

Young team though . I'm loving the promise for next season.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#76 : October 28, 2012, 12:09:55 PM

Awful loss.  I hate to see the team give a game away, and that's what happened.

Also, what a game for Jarvis Jones.  13 tackles, 5 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 FF, and 2 FR.  Damn....

I would imagine several teams UF has beaten this year with UF profiting from their mistakes feel the same way.  Georgia gave the game away almost as much as UF.

Honestly, UF has had a "Cinderella" season until yesterday.  The defense has its expected toughness and has certainly gotten more than their share of turnovers against UF's opponents.  Eventually, those breaks begin to balance out.   At this point in time UF must pray for Ole Miss or Auburn to beat Georgia.  Unless Georgia's inconsistency rears its ugly head I don't think either of those teams will beat Georgia. The victory over Florida should be the impetus for Georgia to realize their early season accolades.  In the bigger picture it probably will work in UF's favor not to get totally stomped by Alabama in the SEC championship game. Hard to believe Georgia has any chance of beating Bama.  LSU will take the gas pipe this weekend as I think they are extremely over rated.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#77 : October 28, 2012, 01:15:51 PM

A sloppy ass mess....you can't come out and play that way with the SEC East on the line ....and I think that's the reason it happened. The Gators have been playing loose all season , yesterday was the 1st time they were tight . I think they realized how close they were .

Young team though . I'm loving the promise for next season.

agree.  big time improvement from last year.  you guys have a young team and I think most Gators fans would agree that you've exceeded expectations this year.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#78 : October 28, 2012, 05:06:24 PM

Jarvis Jones was a one man wrecking crew and basically won that game for UGA by himself. that kid was in beast mode all game and is going to make a crapload of money in the NFL

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#79 : October 30, 2012, 10:18:05 PM

Love Champ but most Gators knew that we'd be forced into a pass to win scenario.  JD failed miserably.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 31, 2012, 07:14:55 AM

Love Champ but most Gators knew that we'd be forced into a pass to win scenario.  JD failed miserably.

The pass protection was horrible though , and it's not his fault after driving the Gators down the field and throwing a strike to his tight end that he fumbled the ball into the end zone.

The kid will be good . He's accurate with the ball. He just needs to learn better ball security and/or get it out faster when the blitz is on.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#81 : October 31, 2012, 07:46:25 AM

kid has awful pocket awareness. ive never seen a guy take so many needless sacks. and when he doesnt take a sack he tries to make something out of nothing and turns it over. thats on the coaches, you gotta tell your young qb when to take a sack and when to bail on a play. hes got the tools but he needs to coaching

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#82 : October 31, 2012, 08:09:03 AM

kid has awful pocket awareness. ive never seen a guy take so many needless sacks. and when he doesnt take a sack he tries to make something out of nothing and turns it over. thats on the coaches, you gotta tell your young qb when to take a sack and when to bail on a play. hes got the tools but he needs to coaching

Can't argue with any of that.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#83 : October 31, 2012, 09:58:24 AM

dont get me wrong. everything i stated about him i like as an FSU fan. im perfectly fine with him letting werner and carradine smash him all day and then throw a couple picks to our DBs. wont hurt my feelings in the least if he does it at the end of the month

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#84 : October 31, 2012, 04:32:05 PM

i can only assume theyve been pounding into his head the idea of pocket awareness and needless sacks.   players that are athletic are a catch 22...you dont want to limit what they do great with their legs, extending plays and drives.  but many times it leads to plays that look boneheaded.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#85 : October 31, 2012, 07:55:41 PM

i can only assume theyve been pounding into his head the idea of pocket awareness and needless sacks.   players that are athletic are a catch 22...you dont want to limit what they do great with their legs, extending plays and drives.  but many times it leads to plays that look boneheaded.

yep i know all about it. EJ manuel is finally getting better about taking sacks. he took so many needless ones last year. sure he can spin away and then get 15 yards on a busted play or roll out and throw a td but 9 times out of ten he loses yards.  its really hard to get these kids to learn to throw it away and live to play another down. they get so encouraged when they make an awesome play that they think they can do it every time. he cost us a game last year because he took a sack that took us out of field goal range and we lost by 2 points. its tough teaching these guys this kind of stuff

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#86 : October 31, 2012, 10:38:55 PM

yep i know all about it. EJ manuel is finally getting better about taking sacks. he took so many needless ones last year. sure he can spin away and then get 15 yards on a busted play or roll out and throw a td but 9 times out of ten he loses yards.  its really hard to get these kids to learn to throw it away and live to play another down. they get so encouraged when they make an awesome play that they think they can do it every time. he cost us a game last year because he took a sack that took us out of field goal range and we lost by 2 points. its tough teaching these guys this kind of stuff

at the same time, some of these QB's might need to play reckless to be effective.  vick and freeman come to mind.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#87 : November 01, 2012, 07:59:42 AM

yeah but theres a fine line between reckless and controlled chaos. freeman and vick thrive on controlled chaos. the key is being under control and knowing what you are doing. not running around like a chicken with your head cut off and not looking at what youre doing

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#88 : November 07, 2012, 09:33:14 PM

Love what CWM has done this year...is it by design on offense though(80% runs on 1st down) or is JD behind?  Dude is almost a junior. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#89 : November 08, 2012, 07:20:59 AM

Love what CWM has done this year...is it by design on offense though(80% runs on 1st down) or is JD behind?  Dude is almost a junior.

They want to be a physical running team , that's the identity. So yeah they will do a lot of running . Can't argue with the result so far this season. 7-1 in the SEC.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools