Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#90 : November 08, 2012, 09:09:45 AM

i think there are a lot similarities between schiano and muschamp.  muschamp definitely wants to run.  look at how bama has built their success behind the run.  i think its just tough to air it out when your QB has 8(?) career starts as a true soph.  UF has a pretty good RB and what many thought to be a good OL with an inexperienced QB.  driskel will make a play that has thinking future heisman...and then follow it up asking why isnt brissett getting any reps?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#91 : November 10, 2012, 03:51:35 PM

UF certainly seems to have regressed.  matchup with fsu certainly is shaping down to be quite a battle after the games this week.

how did UF beat LSU?  how did UF run the ball 30 straight times and not be able to do jack against mizzou/ragincajuns?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#92 : November 10, 2012, 04:54:42 PM

i dont know what is wrong with UF but i know one thing. UF and FSU might be the worst, most unbalanced 9-1 teams ive ever seen. the game in 2 weeks is going to be ugly again just like last year

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#93 : November 10, 2012, 05:11:37 PM

i dont know what is wrong with UF but i know one thing. UF and FSU might be the worst, most unbalanced 9-1 teams ive ever seen. the game in 2 weeks is going to be ugly again just like last year

I think FSU lost an edge of intensity after losing to NC State and UF lost an edge after losing to Georgia.

Neither are the worst 9-1 teams ever though...just in sleep-walk mode after losing title chances.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#94 : November 10, 2012, 05:17:57 PM

we lost our focus. all of a sudden we fumble a lot and make a ton of mental mistakes. i figured it was from playing 9 weeks straight without a break but we came off the bye just as sloppy. the coaches need to get this fixed. lost chris thompson hurt our offense badly. kid was a homerun hitter at rb, a great receiver out of the backfield and fantastic at blitz pickup. he also was EJ's safety blanket and EJ doesnt look comfortable without him out there

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#95 : November 10, 2012, 06:50:42 PM

we lost our focus. all of a sudden we fumble a lot and make a ton of mental mistakes. i figured it was from playing 9 weeks straight without a break but we came off the bye just as sloppy. the coaches need to get this fixed. lost chris thompson hurt our offense badly. kid was a homerun hitter at rb, a great receiver out of the backfield and fantastic at blitz pickup. he also was EJ's safety blanket and EJ doesnt look comfortable without him out there

still in position to win the ACC and go to the Orange Bowl though and with what we've endured in recent years I'll take it.  I'm disappointed in the NC State loss too but I'm not not so fickle that I cant remember the annual 7-6 slop in Bowden's final years.  any way you slice it this has the chance to be our best record and highest ranked finish in approx a decade.  if you go back to august and someone said we were going to have a good shot to go 11-1, win the ACC, finish in the top 5-7, etc you wouldnt have been happy with that?  these are 19-20 year old kids so there will be let downs.  We lost in the final seconds of a road night game.    very disappointing but for reasons mentioned above we can still have a very successful season.
: November 10, 2012, 06:54:22 PM rpc1978

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#96 : November 10, 2012, 09:33:34 PM

First team to score 10 wins.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#97 : November 17, 2012, 11:41:28 PM

UF/FSU for the right to play in the BCS National Title Game against the SEC champion?  c'mon trojans!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#98 : November 18, 2012, 11:47:44 AM

i dont know about that one. FSU might have a shot since we also have to play a conference champ game. theres a lot of crap that needs to happen for it to work out. clemson needs to beat USCE, GT needs to UGA, UGA needs to beat bama. a whole lot of other crap. i think if Kstate beats texas and wins the big 12 they would get in before both our teams

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#99 : November 18, 2012, 12:04:27 PM

people dont want to give UF a shot because they arent pretty.  but if they survive fsu, they would have beaten 4 top 10 teams and lost to the #3 team in the nation by one score.  you can easily make a case for that.

stanford had a bad loss to washington.  ksu had a bad loss to baylor.  oregon has no signature wins.  clemson?  i dont think anyone can make a case for them over a 1 loss UF.  and uga/bama makes no difference.  bama showed last season that the best team in the nation doesnt have to win its own conference.

crazier things have happened...but i cant remember when.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#100 : November 18, 2012, 12:57:19 PM

UF/FSU for the right to play in the BCS National Title Game against the SEC champion?  c'mon trojans!

Ha ha.  Dare to dream right? For USC to pull the upset we better hope Barkley is back for the ND game; he got KO'd last night. 

I'll be at the UF v. FSU game next week.  Haven't been to Tally in a few years so I'm really looking forward to it. 

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#101 : November 19, 2012, 11:58:20 AM

Ha ha.  Dare to dream right? For USC to pull the upset we better hope Barkley is back for the ND game; he got KO'd last night. 

I'll be at the UF v. FSU game next week.  Haven't been to Tally in a few years so I'm really looking forward to it.
Barkley has been ruled out.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#102 : November 24, 2012, 01:07:31 PM

people dont want to give UF a shot because they arent pretty.  but if they survive fsu, they would have beaten 4 top 10 teams and lost to the #3 team in the nation by one score.  you can easily make a case for that.

There's little doubt the computers would move the Gators into the #2 slot with another top 10 victory on thier resume' over the Noles.

It would work out perfectly not having to face Bama in the SEC final....Do not pass go , go directly to the BCS Championship Game . Talk about a lucky turn of events if it happens.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#103 : November 24, 2012, 01:34:05 PM

If the Gators win today all they must hope for is a ND or Bama loss and they're automatically in. People will cry a storm too, the #3 team in the SEC going to the title game.

blountforcetrauma

Rookie

#104 : November 24, 2012, 04:48:49 PM

First team to score 10 wins.

Hoping you're right. Go Gators!
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2012 Florida Football Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools