Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here is a GIF of Mark Barron's hit on Steve Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 09, 2012, 09:08:35 PM

I liked seeing Black getting back to his ball hawking ways too. He had the one nice pick and then he almost had a second, but it hit the ground as he dove for it,

Draft Aaron Donald

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 09, 2012, 09:08:51 PM

i just  don't see the value in everyone hyping this up.  it didn't cause a fumble or an incompletion.  his pass break up in the 2nd half was a better play than this.
Have you seen Tampa's defense the past years? That hit is re-freshing to see. We haven't seen hits like that since Jermaine Phillips and crew back in '07.

i dont want to make a big deal out of this it.  it was a big hit and a nice win.  but its just funny how everyone is glossing over the fact that Smith had a big catch and run on the play. i'm just saying regardless of how hard barron hit him, that was a big play for Carolina, not for us. 

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#32 : September 09, 2012, 09:15:05 PM

i just  don't see the value in everyone hyping this up.  it didn't cause a fumble or an incompletion.  his pass break up in the 2nd half was a better play than this.
Have you seen Tampa's defense the past years? That hit is re-freshing to see. We haven't seen hits like that since Jermaine Phillips and crew back in '07.

i dont want to make a big deal out of this it.  it was a big hit and a nice win.  but its just funny how everyone is glossing over the fact that Smith had a big catch and run on the play. i'm just saying regardless of how hard barron hit him, that was a big play for Carolina, not for us.
You're right, but of course fans still love to see the big hits. Unfortunately, it'll probably get him more unnecessary roughness penalties than forced fumbles in today's NFL. It was still a nice hit though....Buc fans love to see guys like Lynch and Jermaine Phillips laying the wood over the years.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 09, 2012, 09:23:15 PM

What makes that hit so sick is that Steve SMith was prepared for it , lowered his head , and he STILL got blown up.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 09, 2012, 09:34:08 PM

I wanna see a gift of Blount's funky chicken wobble when he tried to walk after his injury.
Why?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 09, 2012, 09:36:20 PM

Cause it looked weird as he'll and they didn't show a replay.

Draft Aaron Donald

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 09, 2012, 09:39:48 PM

I liked seeing Black getting back to his ball hawking ways too. He had the one nice pick and then he almost had a second, but it hit the ground as he dove for it,

He also had an opportunity on a Newton overthrow in the first half, it was just a hair behind him....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 09, 2012, 09:48:55 PM

That cat is always in the right place.

Draft Aaron Donald

Balls Out

Starter
#38 : September 09, 2012, 09:52:54 PM

What makes that hit so sick is that Steve SMith was prepared for it , lowered his head , and he STILL got blown up.

I agree...you're not going to find too much film of Steve Smith getting blown up when he was prepared for the hit...it's typically the opposite as a matter of fact.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Madman

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 09, 2012, 11:04:27 PM

Nice. Bet his pass breakup would make a pretty good .gif as well.

+1

Barron had a couple big hits but that pass breakup on the deep pass was awesome.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#40 : September 09, 2012, 11:04:57 PM

Anyone have any Quincy Black gifs?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 09, 2012, 11:06:41 PM

I'm still shocked how fast he was able to get back up.

He did, but then he walked to the sideline and went down on a knee for a minute or two. Smith is a tough dude and he isn't just gonna let a guy know that he rocked him, but that hit did take him out for a few plays.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 09, 2012, 11:07:46 PM

Steve Smith may be my most hated player in the league.   Any shot he takes is a good shot.    But he's not a big guy.

He's only 5'9" and 185 pounds.

Barron is 6'1" and 215 pounds

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 09, 2012, 11:09:19 PM

I used to like it when John Lynch would blast guys who were far bigger than him.   I haven't seen Barron do that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 09, 2012, 11:10:47 PM

I didn't watch Barron in college, I wasn't sure about him or picking a safety so high, and I wasn't overly excited about him. I've just been staying positive and hoping he would be good. After today he might be one of my favorite players. He looked really good. In coverage, stopping the run, hard hitting, just everything. Great first impression. Hope he can continue to play so well.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here is a GIF of Mark Barron's hit on Steve Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools