Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#75 : September 10, 2012, 04:55:39 PM

There are lots of good athletes with crazy jumping ablilty in this league , and there's multiple reasons the majority of them don't use a high hurdle as thier go-to means of alluding tackles

1 . Leaving your feet puts you in an extremely dangerous and vulnerable position.
2. Although it looks cool if you pull it off , it's an extremely inefficient way of getting past a defender . Especially when you are doing it to avoid contact with a DB you out-weigh by 40 pounds.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#76 : September 10, 2012, 05:01:06 PM

I'm sure you know better than a professional running back when it comes to running the football. Why wouldn't you? Seems legit.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 10, 2012, 05:01:54 PM

i think the hurdle can be a dangerous weapon when used in certain situations.  im not sure this was one of them.   but i only saw it once on a choppy internet feed, maybe he had no other choice.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#78 : September 10, 2012, 05:05:24 PM

Hurdling used to be illegal at all levels, and still is at the high school level due to safety concerns. NFL changed the rule in the late seventies I believe.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 10, 2012, 05:11:25 PM

Hurdling used to be illegal at all levels, and still is at the high school level due to safety concerns. NFL changed the rule in the late seventies I believe.

Mark my words , eventually someone is going to be waiting on that hurdle , and Blount is either going to take a shot to the nuts he'll never forget , or dumped on his head. Either way , it won't be pretty .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools