Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glad we won, love the D and the Franchise QB « previous next »
Page: 1

Zellination

Starter

: September 09, 2012, 09:44:30 PM

It was great to see them actually play NFL quality football for the most part.....nice intensity...the players have bought in.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 09, 2012, 09:49:27 PM

As I've been saying, Freeman is pro bowl caliber with good play calls and coaching.

The defense was shocking. Had cam running for his life most of the game.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 09, 2012, 09:54:21 PM

Defense played very good.

Freeman was still shaky, though.

ufcguy32

Starter

#3 : September 09, 2012, 09:57:23 PM

he has to learn to come off his back foot it looks like he is flat footed and not stepping into some throws.....ive seen it alot in his drop backs...its like he doesnt have a rhythm with his footwork...watch some of the great qb play and all have great footwork.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#4 : September 09, 2012, 10:14:07 PM

dont think he was shaky at all, he had a 32 yard pass to vjax called back due to a hold, a few dropped passes, he looked good and comfortable if u ask me, ran the ball when he had to and picked up so crucial yards

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 09, 2012, 10:17:05 PM

dont think he was shaky at all, he had a 32 yard pass to vjax called back due to a hold, a few dropped passes, he looked good and comfortable if u ask me, ran the ball when he had to and picked up so crucial yards

Agreed. If the guys paid to do so, make the plays they absolutely should, Freeman looks a lot better.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 09, 2012, 10:20:58 PM

Freeman played smart. Reason he looks shaky to some is he isn't throwing the ball when guys are covered. He is throwing it away or taking the sack. He will have to open up when the team is behind but when your ahead take what's there and if nothing's there take care of the ball. He didn't look perfect but he didn't have to today.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 09, 2012, 10:22:46 PM

He was doing the things that made him great in his first season. People have their agendas or just cant see that he did a great job today.

If that is how Freeman is going to play this season, we might be able to hope for even more than just 8-8. Sullivan is going to play Freeman the correct way, and not try to recreate Freeman into solely a pocket passer. Its also obvious the new additions are helping, on offense and defense.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

NovaBuc

Starter

#8 : September 09, 2012, 10:23:33 PM

Biggest thing I noticed from Freeman was he didn't seem to be throwing high like he often did last year. The incompletions I saw that weren't throw aways were either good defense or WR drops.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 09, 2012, 10:27:45 PM

Biggest thing I noticed from Freeman was he didn't seem to be throwing high like he often did last year. The incompletions I saw that weren't throw aways were either good defense or WR drops.

agree. their defense made a bunch of good plays to break up balls or freeman got rid of the ball. i dont remember any bad throws and there werent any oh crap moment swhen he heaved it up. the only time i got worried was when he threw a duck in the 3rd quarter. i dont know if someone hit him or the ball just slipped from the rain. i dont care if freeman only throws for 150 yards if hes efficient and we score without TOs. if he throws for 350 and thorws picks and we lose then numbers dont matter. overall he made a lot of smart decisions and protected the ball. solid first game

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 09, 2012, 10:28:23 PM

Yeah, I noticed that most of his passes were lower and had a little more zip to them but the counter trade to that is he had a few batted down by the d-line.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 09, 2012, 10:29:22 PM

Freeman played smart. Reason he looks shaky to some is he isn't throwing the ball when guys are covered. He is throwing it away or taking the sack. He will have to open up when the team is behind but when your ahead take what's there and if nothing's there take care of the ball. He didn't look perfect but he didn't have to today.

I agree that he played smart. I just think, after the first few drives, he looked uncomfortable and lost confidence in his OL....rightfully so..the pressure was constantly in his face. The only negative I saw from Freeman was that a few times he got hurried because he was anticiapting pressure.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 09, 2012, 10:32:36 PM

We need to upgrade that right side of the line. Larsen and Trueblood were awful today.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glad we won, love the D and the Franchise QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools