Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what did you think of the offensive play calls? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 09, 2012, 08:24:08 PM

The playcalling matched the talent.

No speed limits your options.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 09, 2012, 09:13:36 PM

I like that they stuck with the run but the second half was hard to watch at times. Sullivan needs to open it up and let Freeman take some shots down-field. We're not paying Jackson $11M per to block for RB's.

I disagree. Freeman is no Brett Favre. If he can manage the game like Dilfer and not screw up, we have a good chance this year. Freeman obeyed rule #1.

Rule #1= Just don't screw it up.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 10, 2012, 07:13:37 AM

3rd and goal from the inch, sneak the damn thing in. Instead completed a pass for -2 and now you have to kick the FG. That was a momentum changer as Carolina was fired up and came out strong in the 3rd qtr.

4 or 5 yard run on 1st down, then pass, pass, punt. Happened a few times in the second half. There was a horrific series with about 5 minutes to go and up 9. Ran the ball well on 1st down, then incomplete, incomplete. Gave Carolina an extra 1:20. Might have even been able to run out the entire clock if he kept running.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 10, 2012, 08:14:36 AM

I like that they stuck with the run but the second half was hard to watch at times. Sullivan needs to open it up and let Freeman take some shots down-field. We're not paying Jackson $11M per to block for RB's.

I disagree. Freeman is no Brett Favre. If he can manage the game like Dilfer and not screw up, we have a good chance this year. Freeman obeyed rule #1.

Maybe that's the best thing for this team, but it's a fair question why spend $55 million for Vincent Jackson if you're not going to stretch the field. If you want to be a ground and pound team, spend that $55 million on ground and pound players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 10, 2012, 08:18:21 AM

Maybe that's the best thing for this team, but it's a fair question why spend $55 million for Vincent Jackson if you're not going to stretch the field. If you want to be a ground and pound team, spend that $55 million on ground and pound players.

Because in order to ground and pound the defense has to be scared that there is someone who can take the top off the defense . Otherwise you get both safeties in the box and you're dead  in the water.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 10, 2012, 08:24:15 AM

Because in order to ground and pound the defense has to be scared that there is someone who can take the top off the defense . Otherwise you get both safeties in the box and you're dead  in the water.
So you have to spend $55 million in order to have your rushing offense avergae 3.6 YPC?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 10, 2012, 08:29:16 AM

So you have to spend $55 million in order to have your rushing offense avergae 3.6 YPC?

Just telling you the reason why , not that it worked perfectly. That's also only 1 game , however.  Losing Joseph didn't help either.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 10, 2012, 08:31:08 AM

So Vincent Jackson is just a decoy?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 10, 2012, 08:34:39 AM

No , he really will take the top of the defense multiple times before this season is over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 10, 2012, 08:36:07 AM

Which is why the original poster in this chain said "We're not paying Jackson $11M per to block for RB's."

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what did you think of the offensive play calls? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools