Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson V. Doug Martin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 23

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: September 10, 2012, 12:28:43 PM

Round 1 goes to Doug Martin.  Just wanted to let you Trentersexuals know whats up.

Not saying Trent is a bad running back because he blew some safety up yesterday, but glad we didn't give away picks to draft a RB that early...sooo glad.

19 carries, 39 yards.

shadowman

Rookie

#1 : September 10, 2012, 12:30:53 PM

Or cry when he fumbled...because he didn't fumble, 
so glad we didn't get stuck with Wilson!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 10, 2012, 12:31:23 PM

I wasn't the biggest Hampster fan early on, but I have to eat crow, dude is looking like the real deal.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Checkmeout

Rookie

#3 : September 10, 2012, 12:31:58 PM

add v David Wilson as well, so so glad we took him 1 place ahead of the giants!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 10, 2012, 12:34:17 PM

Doug Martin played well. What an outstanding catch on Kuechly. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 10, 2012, 12:37:16 PM

lol I watched Trent a little yesterday. Eagles did a nice job on D. I think Martin will outrush all of the rookies and will win ROY for offensive player. Trent is a good player but on that team and in that division its going to be tough for him to keep pace with Martin. Martin will also probably have a crap load more rush attempts too how much Schiano likes to pound it. Cleveland will likely be behind a lot this year. If our defense keeps playing the way it does we will be in a lot of close games. Where Martin will get the rock a ton. Edge still goes to Martin for now.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 10, 2012, 12:38:02 PM

Trent will get better as the season progresses.

But yeah, way too much to pay for a rb. Even Trent.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 10, 2012, 12:39:22 PM

I am a big Richardson fan but am completely happy with the Bucs getting Martin and Barron instead.   I believe the Browns will overwork and destroy Richardson if they don't get some other offensive weapons.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 10, 2012, 12:41:35 PM

Trent had no room to run yesterday. I'm sure that the Eagles game plan coupled with Trent shaking off his knee issues, wish a dash of he's not a Buc so who really cares? all contributed to his bad first game.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 10, 2012, 12:42:10 PM

lol I watched Trent a little yesterday. Eagles did a nice job on D. I think Martin will outrush all of the rookies and will win ROY for offensive player. Trent is a good player but on that team and in that division its going to be tough for him to keep pace with Martin. Martin will also probably have a crap load more rush attempts too how much Schiano likes to pound it. Cleveland will likely be behind a lot this year. If our defense keeps playing the way it does we will be in a lot of close games. Where Martin will get the rock a ton. Edge still goes to Martin for now.

Agree but I hope they don't run the wheels off him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 10, 2012, 12:42:26 PM

we should also include a Dallas Clark vs KW2 section.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 10, 2012, 01:23:17 PM

Rich will be a top 5 RB in the NFL soon. Martin will appear as better but in CLELOLvand supporting cast is dreadful. If Rich posts up a good year it'll embark how special he really is. I watched that game too and man, Joe Haden is amazing. He put DeSean Jackson on clamps. I felt bad for CLE fans too b/c they wasted a pick on Weedon. He was GOD awful.

flaitguy

Starter
#12 : September 10, 2012, 01:29:17 PM

If Davin joseph was in there martin would have a better chance but he still has a shot as much as they are committed to running. He isnt a fluke for sure.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#13 : September 10, 2012, 01:37:50 PM

I wasn't a fan of trading up for a RB in a passing league. Richarson doesn't strike me as someone who will stay healthy, he wasn't the standard for durability at Bama so why would he be in the NFL?

Martin looked good yesterday fighting for every yard with a line that didn't open up many holes.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

champkind

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 10, 2012, 01:47:49 PM

You think Martin wins ROY over RG3 and Luck? Granted Luck had a bad first game, but I see him having a pretty good year, and even a mediocre year by a rookie QB tends to win ROYover a very good year by a RB.  Martin is going to have to be one of the very top RBs in the NFL in order to have a shot.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trent Richardson V. Doug Martin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools