Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount out of the locker room and gone, before media allowed in « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: September 10, 2012, 01:34:15 PM

SEPTEMBER 10, 2012

Bucs reported no injury to LeGarrette Blount

This question continues to be posed by email and Twitter, so we may as well as address it.

Regarding the status of running back LeGarrette Blount, who briefly went down in the second quarter on Sunday, the Bucs reported no injury, which suggests his lack of involvement was a coaching decision only. With the addition of Giants free agent D.J. Ware, who took many of the third-down snaps after just one week on the roster, there are even fewer reps up for grabs after Doug Martin gets done doing his thing.

We would have asked Blount about this to make certain, but he was literally the first player out of the locker room on Sunday, showered and dressed before reporters had even been allowed access.

We'll confirm this again with Greg Schiano later today, but based on everything the team told us, Blount was not hurt beyong being shaken up on the play.
Posted by Stephen Holder at 9:23:19 am on September 10, 2012

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : September 10, 2012, 01:35:53 PM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 10, 2012, 01:38:32 PM

Whats that for? The guy wasnt around to tell the media what happened to him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 10, 2012, 01:44:24 PM

Could be trouble brewing.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 10, 2012, 01:44:57 PM

Trouble? I didnt see any trouble in that article.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 10, 2012, 01:47:37 PM

I believe he said "brewing".   The fact that he was the first out of the locker and before media was allowed in could make one believe that he is upset over his lack of playing time since the article does say that he was not injured.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 10, 2012, 01:48:19 PM

He could be PO'd with the lack of carries.  I think DJ even saw more action than him.  Not sure if he was any trade value.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 10, 2012, 01:51:36 PM

Good he should be upset. Now hopefully he'll channel that anger into making himself a more complete player rather than pout.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 10, 2012, 01:59:09 PM

I don't think any coach has used Blount properly yet.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 10, 2012, 02:02:26 PM

And what would that be Sir?    Just curious.

Screens?

Goal Line?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 10, 2012, 02:05:27 PM

And what would that be Sir?    Just curious.

Screens?

Goal Line?

Toward the end of the first drive Martin looked like he needed a blow. Would have been a good time for Blount. Late 3rd/early 4th I was expecting to see a fresh Blount come in and run roughshod over a tired Carolina D.

I don't want Blount at the goal line. Martin is faster to the hole and has more wiggle to slip through the cracks down there.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 10, 2012, 02:06:09 PM

He could be PO'd with the lack of carries.  I think DJ even saw more action than him.  Not sure if he was any trade value.

The Bills may have lost Fred Jackson for the Year after yesterday's knee injury. If the Bucs are indeed moving on from Blount then now woould be the time to make the call.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 10, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

The Bills may have lost Fred Jackson for the Year after yesterday's knee injury. If the Bucs are indeed moving on from Blount then now woould be the time to make the call.

I saw that last night, looks serious.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 10, 2012, 02:09:28 PM

Just cut blount let him be a star somewhere else. No point in keeping him if they don't use him.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 10, 2012, 02:11:06 PM

Why do that. what if Martin got injured who would Tampa trade for?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount out of the locker room and gone, before media allowed in « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools