Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount out of the locker room and gone, before media allowed in « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 10, 2012, 03:26:48 PM

He's immature as hell.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's sulking or wants to be traded.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 10, 2012, 03:29:13 PM

This is a long season. We'll need all of our RBs. If Blount was upset, he should be upset at himself for not taking playing better when given the opportunity. I did like seeing his trademark hurdle.

You'd think LGB would be a good goal line guy, but guess he still hasn't showed that he's capable to get it in the endzone.

Despite his size he is not a downhill runner.  He doesn't hit the line hard and fast , he usually likes to dance a little . It's why he is garbage in short yardage.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 10, 2012, 03:31:32 PM

He's immature as hell.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's sulking or wants to be traded.

Sulking after a huge win.... not exactly a team player....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 10, 2012, 03:34:36 PM

I dont know where people are saying that he looked bad yesterday. He looked like the same old Blount to me. They just didnt really need him yesterday. Martin was effective against that D. I would like if they would give some more carries to the other backs including Blount because we need Martin healthy at the end of the year. Hes a rookie and he could hit some kind of rookie wall at the end of the year. We need to give Blount some carries as long as hes getting yards. Hes a momentum changer when he has a big run. Not that Martin isnt but when Blount runs over guys the whole team goes nuts. Id like to see a little more balance. Im fine with Martin getting majority of touches though hes just that good. Blount is good too though. They need to get him invlolved and keep Martin fresh.
What bad could possibly happen from giving a rookie RB, say, 99 carries in the first four games?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#34 : September 10, 2012, 03:41:31 PM

Thankfully we got a RB who averaged 4.0 YPC to show Blount how it's done.

I thought Blount did that already?

Thought LGB's was 5.0 ypc.. pretty sure FRG was tongue in cheek with that statement.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 10, 2012, 03:43:52 PM

I dont know where people are saying that he looked bad yesterday. He looked like the same old Blount to me. They just didnt really need him yesterday. Martin was effective against that D. I would like if they would give some more carries to the other backs including Blount because we need Martin healthy at the end of the year. Hes a rookie and he could hit some kind of rookie wall at the end of the year. We need to give Blount some carries as long as hes getting yards. Hes a momentum changer when he has a big run. Not that Martin isnt but when Blount runs over guys the whole team goes nuts. Id like to see a little more balance. Im fine with Martin getting majority of touches though hes just that good. Blount is good too though. They need to get him invlolved and keep Martin fresh.
What bad could possibly happen from giving a rookie RB, say, 99 carries in the first four games?

lol, the wheels fall off, he get injured and is never the same again and isnt effective except as a 3rd down back, but gets bronzed shoes?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#36 : September 10, 2012, 03:45:14 PM

SEPTEMBER 10, 2012

Bucs reported no injury to LeGarrette Blount

This question continues to be posed by email and Twitter, so we may as well as address it.

Regarding the status of running back LeGarrette Blount, who briefly went down in the second quarter on Sunday, the Bucs reported no injury, which suggests his lack of involvement was a coaching decision only. With the addition of Giants free agent D.J. Ware, who took many of the third-down snaps after just one week on the roster, there are even fewer reps up for grabs after Doug Martin gets done doing his thing.

We would have asked Blount about this to make certain, but he was literally the first player out of the locker room on Sunday, showered and dressed before reporters had even been allowed access.

We'll confirm this again with Greg Schiano later today, but based on everything the team told us, Blount was not hurt beyong being shaken up on the play.
Posted by Stephen Holder at 9:23:19 am on September 10, 2012

"So Legarrette, it's pretty obvious the team doesn't have a place for you right now, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT?"  I can understand why he wouldn't want to deal with that pointless line of questioning.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 10, 2012, 04:45:17 PM

lol, the wheels fall off, he get injured and is never the same again and isnt effective except as a 3rd down back, but gets bronzed shoes?

Well stated.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#38 : September 10, 2012, 04:58:57 PM

Coach S wasn't 100% sure what the hell is wrong w/ Blount. "We'll see on Wednesday".---said during his press conference few mins ago.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 10, 2012, 05:01:33 PM

So he was hurt. I wonder if it was a concussion. He looked really out of it before he went down.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 10, 2012, 08:50:20 PM

So he was hurt. I wonder if it was a concussion. He looked really out of it before he went down.

Ya a concussion is a possibility also.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#41 : September 10, 2012, 08:58:08 PM

Blounts not going anywhere..

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#42 : September 10, 2012, 09:05:12 PM

He's immature as hell. 

That's the understatement of the century.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 10, 2012, 09:24:15 PM

I remember seeing a play where he could've gotten a decent chunk of yardage had he hit the hole with authority but he was tackled after about a 4 yd carry....he got taken out and I saw Schiano in his ear making gestures which seemed to indicate that he wanted him to run hard downhill...think the stanky leg came soon afterwards. /Bigfootsighting

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#44 : September 10, 2012, 09:26:52 PM

Blounts not going anywhere..
As far as I know and according to coaches Blount has done everything asked of him yet he continues to get under utilized. Don't get me wrong, I really like Martin but, he is too small to have that many touches and he took several vicious hits. If that continues Martin won't be around long enough to make a difference. I was under the impression the Bucs were going to use a 2 back attack and spread the carries one way or the other based on feel. 28 touches compared to 4 is ridiculous. It worked out but, I hope this is an exception rather than the rule. To be honest I think if Blount had 28 touches he would of had more yards and would have had a couple long ones as he usually does. I think Blount gets picked on and I don't know why. Here's and example. Blount carries the ball for a 3 or 4 yard gain and comes to the sideline and gets a lesson from Schiano because he didn't like the way Blount hit the hole. Martin buries his head on the goal line and gets stuffed when he should have dove over the line and nothing gets said. If Blount would have done that he would have gotten his a** chewed. Blount doesn't seem to get praise when he does things right either. I love Schiano and his coaching style but, I think he plays favorites. (Example: His draft picks)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount out of the locker room and gone, before media allowed in « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools