Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Bucs V. G-Men gameday thread. #Biggs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#45 : September 11, 2012, 10:24:29 PM

JM2, that will only work if Freeman can make a lot of fast reads.  They will come hard with just the front four, and if they throw in a safety blitz, or a linebacker shoot, then Free needs to get the ball to the guy in the area that is temporarily vacated.  Now he has spread the ball around before, he actually set an NFL record for spreading the ball around, which I applaud him for.  But he needs to put the ball in the HOT spots, and accurately.  Bucs secondary did give up quite a bit of yardage to a subpar Carolina receiving corp (my opinion), and the GMEN have a much better group of targets, with a much better throwing QB (in terms of reads). 

Freeman, again, is key.  Limiting his mistakes is not going to cut it in this one, IMO.  Giants don't run that well.  They need to kick that team off the field, and pressure ELI, and limjit the YAC, and PUNISH the wideouts.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#46 : September 11, 2012, 11:45:24 PM

Wishful thinking is that Benn provides a huge burst of speed for our WR's.

I hope he makes an appearance soon, I am getting tired of defending him on here.  Maybe this week he plays.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#47 : September 11, 2012, 11:47:31 PM

Benn has matchstick legs.

One thing is absolutely for certain, he is not worth his draft status.  Would love to see him actually play...I fell like I hardly know who the guy is (as a Buc).

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#48 : September 12, 2012, 12:09:49 AM

Benn has matchstick legs.

One thing is absolutely for certain, he is not worth his draft status.  Would love to see him actually play...I fell like I hardly know who the guy is (as a Buc).

Not worth it YET.  Could still be a factor this season.  He is big and fast.  But like you say......lets see it on the field.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#49 : September 12, 2012, 07:59:27 AM

Can't help but wonder if he even has a good enough grasp of the playbook to make an impact. Freeman and the other receivers still seem to be struggling to get on the same page. Seems unlikely that the slowest learning of the bunch is going to come in after missing almost the entire off season, and suddenly add a huge spark.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#50 : September 12, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

I like the idea of using a lot of three and 4 wide sets early, forcing them into nickle and dime packages. Use 3 and 5 step drops and force them to keep their worst players (back up to back ups DBs) on the field. Tire them out a bit and then start running right at them.

Absolutey agree...

NOW - if you're the Giants and game planning for this attack - how do you do it?

My thought is a lot of blitzing (because we'll keep an RB/FB/TE in to chip...)

Our routes better be quick slants mixed in with screens and flips at an incredible no huddle pace.    Do you think they're up to it? 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#51 : September 12, 2012, 08:49:39 AM

JM2, that will only work if Freeman can make a lot of fast reads.  They will come hard with just the front four, and if they throw in a safety blitz, or a linebacker shoot, then Free needs to get the ball to the guy in the area that is temporarily vacated.  Now he has spread the ball around before, he actually set an NFL record for spreading the ball around, which I applaud him for.  But he needs to put the ball in the HOT spots, and accurately.  Bucs secondary did give up quite a bit of yardage to a subpar Carolina receiving corp (my opinion), and the GMEN have a much better group of targets, with a much better throwing QB (in terms of reads). 

Freeman, again, is key.  Limiting his mistakes is not going to cut it in this one, IMO.  Giants don't run that well.  They need to kick that team off the field, and pressure ELI, and limjit the YAC, and PUNISH the wideouts.
I agree completely, but should we expect less? I am sure you would say no. Free should be able to make hot reads just fine, even in a new offense. What we need to remember is that the even though the new scheme has recievers basically picking routes at the LOS based on coverage, hot routes are part of every offense so shouldn't be too big a problem for either receivers or QB.

That being said, I would modify my plan to say 3 and 4 wide sets then run a lot of draws and screens fromo them in the first half, as well as flips and some naked boots. Anything to keep extra DBs on the field and get their Dline gassed.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#52 : September 12, 2012, 09:32:58 AM

I also think Ware is going to bring a lot to the table this game.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#53 : September 12, 2012, 10:04:19 AM

I also think Ware is going to bring a lot to the table this game.

Agree. Hes played against that defense many times before. He can maybe help Freeman a little in the film room this week.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#54 : September 12, 2012, 10:47:48 AM

Clark has to show up too... Still not impressed with Stocker.

I wonder if the Gmen will try nickel and dime alot...

Pewterman

Starter

#55 : September 12, 2012, 11:23:47 AM

I like the idea of using a lot of three and 4 wide sets early, forcing them into nickle and dime packages. Use 3 and 5 step drops and force them to keep their worst players (back up to back ups DBs) on the field. Tire them out a bit and then start running right at them.

Absolutey agree...

NOW - if you're the Giants and game planning for this attack - how do you do it?

My thought is a lot of blitzing (because we'll keep an RB/FB/TE in to chip...)

Our routes better be quick slants mixed in with screens and flips at an incredible no huddle pace.    Do you think they're up to it?

Against the Cowboys they weren't. Romo absolutely mauled their secondary. He really exposed their secondary that game.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#56 : September 12, 2012, 11:25:52 AM

Didnt want to start a new thread for this..so I'll post it here....

this commercial cracks me up.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#57 : September 12, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. ?? New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, who hasn't looked like himself of late and admits he is trying to play through pain as he continues to recover from a broken foot, did not practice Wednesday.

Nicks took two days off last week and is trying to take it easy once again this week. It's a similar tact the Giants have taken in the past with Ahmad Bradshaw when he worked through stress fractures in his feet.

Nicks, who had four catches for 38 yards last week in a loss to the Dallas Cowboys, is likely to play on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The question is, and will continue to be: How effective will he be? USATODAY.com

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#58 : September 12, 2012, 01:41:10 PM

A broken foot? That sucks. I broke my foot a couple years ago. How he is playing on it is wild! Hes gonna have to worry about the foot and Barron coming in for the big hit. He may be better suited to sit out this one and let that thing heal.

Ron Swanson

Starter

#59 : September 12, 2012, 02:05:11 PM

I went to give the Giants forum a hard time as Greg Schiano, ended up harassing an Eagles fan who was over there. Giants fans are very concerned about Wilson and their offensive line. They believe they have the worst offensive line in the league and that seems to be shared among the majority of their fans. They also seem to wish they got Doug Martin instead of Wilson. Good times. Victor Cruz may struggle as his family just suffered loss as well.

Hahahaha nice!! I was over there reading some stuff to see their opinion on the game, and was wondering if someone from our board was the one pretending to be Greg. Well done! i especially liked your use of Techmo bowl.

All things considering, I also thought the Giants fans, from what I saw, were pretty nice/chill in their interactions with you.

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Bucs V. G-Men gameday thread. #Biggs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools