Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Bucs V. G-Men gameday thread. #Biggs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 92

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#60 : September 12, 2012, 02:15:03 PM

lol good stuff 3SK!

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#61 : September 12, 2012, 02:29:50 PM

I bet the Giants wish they got Martin. Whoever says they wanted Wilson over him is crazy.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#62 : September 12, 2012, 03:40:06 PM

I like the idea of using a lot of three and 4 wide sets early, forcing them into nickle and dime packages. Use 3 and 5 step drops and force them to keep their worst players (back up to back ups DBs) on the field. Tire them out a bit and then start running right at them.

Absolutey agree...

NOW - if you're the Giants and game planning for this attack - how do you do it?

My thought is a lot of blitzing (because we'll keep an RB/FB/TE in to chip...)

Our routes better be quick slants mixed in with screens and flips at an incredible no huddle pace.    Do you think they're up to it?

If I'm the Giants, I'd keep 7 & 8 in the box and fairly close to the line to stop the run.  Force Freeman to beat me.  I wouldn't worry at all about my secondary because 2 on 1 vs Jackson and 1 on 1 (and occasionally 2 on 1), vs Williams will be enough to panic Freeman into playing poorly.  Until he shows me otherwise, as an opponent, I'd force Freeman to beat me with his arm and mind.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#63 : September 12, 2012, 04:42:36 PM

Ouch.

NYG are 7.5-9.0 favs.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#64 : September 12, 2012, 04:50:33 PM

The Eagles' fan made my day. You don't see too many of them these days, they don't really offer anything useful to the planet. (Sorry Dory, you should be alright now that you've joined the Buccaneers)

Should be a good one.

Quote from: HoagieBastage (Eagles Fan)
I'm here to talk smack and chew bubblegum. Guess what I'm out of?
I replied as Greg Schiano...
Quote from: Greg Schiano
If you answered any of the following, you are correct...

Smack. Out of material.
    Bubblegum. Can't afford it.
    Super Bowl Trophies (As previously mentioned)
    Puppies/Dogs
    Diapers/Depends.
    Money to sign more convicted criminals.
    Teeth.
    Common Sense.
    Class.
    Always Sunny Reruns.
    A job.
    Soap, antibacterial specifically.
    Beer Bottles
    Beer Cans
    Beer in general.
    Wine
    Whiskey
    Scotch
    Vodka
    Rum
    Tequila
    Moonshine.
    Children to vomit on.
    Jail, just freshly released.
    Veteran's stadium.
    Hope.
    Luck.
    A Head Coach who doesn't choke.
    Education.
    Sponge.
    Talent.
    A note from mommy explaining why you weren't at school yesterday.
    Drugs.
    Febreeze.
    Snowballs to throw at Santa.
    Clean water.
    Molestations from Sandusky.
    Toothpaste.
    People who care about you
    A home
    Jesus. He hates Eagles fans.
    Laundry Detergent.
    Mohamed. He also hates Eagles fans.
    Lubricant for all the times the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins have bent your team over. I don't think you lead all time rivalry #s in any of those games.
    Crayons.
    Lunchables.
    Excuses
    Reasons to live.
    Deodorant.
    Wolves to kill off your blind sheep fan base.
    A clue.
    Hi-C Juice Boxes.
    Line.
    Whack.
    Dish Liquid Soap.
    Eating Utensils.
    Dinner plates
    Fresh Socks.
    Ways to choke in important games.
    Ways to embarrass yourself.
    Soul.
    Sync.
    Dignity.
    Style.
    Fresh air.
    Paint to huff.
    Electricity.
    Shopping carts for storage.
    A wash cloth.
    Pain Killers.
    Underwear without skid marks.
    Neurons.
    Backbone.
    Tact
    Play-doh
    Hair that doesn't have head lice in it.
    The ability to listen
    Vitamins.
    Ways to exercise.
    Birth Control Methods.
    Places to put more babies.
    Shoes.
    Preparation H
    A bed without bed bugs.
    Feces, the general currency of Philadelphia Eagle fans.
    Anything of importance.
    Credit.
    A bridge to jump off of
    A bridge to live under
    Wart removal
    Players with a clean record.
    Responsibilities.
    Sunlight.
    Animals to molest.

Reference:
Giant's Forum

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#65 : September 12, 2012, 04:56:32 PM

Quote from: PassThePigSkin
I bet the Giants wish they got Martin. Whoever says they wanted Wilson over him is crazy.

Most of them do. There is still the understandable population that thinks Wilson will develop into a better prospect, top 3 in the league. Of course I don't think that will ever happen, but I don't blame them for hoping.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#66 : September 12, 2012, 05:06:08 PM

Here's a good post (even though he misspelled a lot) by STONEDINVESTOR on BBWC (giants forum).

The Giants must Win The Day by getting back to basics. The Giants must Win The Day by realizing it's Game 2 and playing the younger talent. To beat Tampa Bay the Giants will have to BRING THE ENTHUSIASM OF YOUTH because across the way, the opponent, Tampa Bay has it in spades.

The Bucs-

The Old Vet on the Bucs is a familiar name Ronde Barber when the season started Ronde himself had some doubts about his new teammates. Barber talked openly about not knowing how good this Buc team was:

"This is one of the few years, where I can't say for certain, because I really don't know how these coaches work yet and I don't know how we're going to respond to adversity under this new system.''

Well after a great showing against their nemesis Carolina, and after Ronde himself had a huge game, Barber sat back in his locker and said this Tampa team felt like the great defenses of the old days for the Bucs.

Rhondie The Real Deal Barber 200 consecutive games! Congrats.

The fact that new coach Greg Schiano has meshed with Barber says a lot about both men. Before the game last Sunday coach Schiano approached Barber: "Is it important?" Schiano asked.

Barber answered: "Well, 200 is a nice even number."

Talk about an understatement, at 37 Barber looks as dangerous as ever even in the safety and nickle spots were he has been shifted to this year. Against Carolina barber tossed in a stat line any number one rookie would of loved to get- big sack, a pick, Barber was all over the field. Eli will certainly be at risk of being PICKED OFF by the crafty vet. Probably most impressive, late in the game with things getting interesting Barber stopped Cam on a big 3rd down at the goal line.

Surrounding Barber on defense is nothing but youth. If you are going to be a fan in the NFL of a team that's not going anywhere you couldn't do better than Tampa which has great talent on display.

Take rookie safety Mark Barron, he placed a smack down hit on Steve Smith, overall Baron's play has more than justified his press out of school. Good draft pick.

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy is a third year player but he was a problem for Carolina all day long. Panthers rookie left guard Amini Silatolu got absolutely schooled by McCoy-- take that draft kooks.

Tampa is playing now for their new coach. His way-Tough. The ex Rutgers head coach Shiano has brought with him a sense of dedication energy and pride.
"I think guys have bought in," Barber added. "His big saying when he first walked into the building was 'the sooner you guys buy in to what we're trying to do, the sooner we'll win.'

They have a clock room in Tampa that counts down to the next game- no sooner had they defeated Cam Newton- then the clock was reset. One would think that Tampa will have TO SCORE FAR MORE THAN 16 to beat the Giants but the point is-- on defense at least this team will sting you.

The Buc offense is now run by ex Giant coach Mike Sullivan. On their first three possessions of the game, Tampa racked up 172 yards and scored every time. In seven second-half possessions they had but 87 yards and only three points. Read: The Bucs go conservative quick and don't have much of a passing game.

"We have to learn to put games away," Bucs offensive tackle Donald Penn said. "We got to keep the pedal to the metal. We had chances early to put the game away. We slowed down in the second half. That's something we need to work on."

QB Josh Freeman threw for just 16 yards in the second half. The Bucs receiving corps is led by Vincent Jackson but he only had 4 catches. I noted the FB had 4 catches and Freeman thew to the RB a bunch of times so most of Freeman's throws were to the backs! The longest pass was to TE Dallas Clark for 30. But Clark had only one catch!

If the Giants plan on winning this game THEY HAD BETTER HAVE SOMEONE ON THE RUNNING BACKS OUT OF THE BACKFIELD on passing plays!  Key point.

Two of the Bucs' four scoring drives were very long one's keeping Cam off the field and taking 13 plays. The Bucs will run their top RB draft pick Doug Martin all day long. These types of games scare me because the Giants vulnerability is unlocked when teams can run on us...

HOWEVER WHAT BETTER TEAM TO SHOWCASE A LB HEAVY FRONT AGAINST-THAN ONE THAT CAN ONLY RUN....

So therin lays the game folks. Right there in the trenches. If the NY Giant NEW defense is going to roar it will start this week. There will be need to contain Freeman more than sack him and Paysenger should be on the field.

Rookie RB Doug Martin had 95 yards rushing and 118 yards of total offense!
Contrast that with Coughlin's handling of the next best RB in the draft Wilson and you have an real reason to SHOWCASE OUR PICK THIS WEEK!!!

My favorite rook on the Bucs though is Lavonte David, some of you guys might remember I drafted him for the Giants when Zeitler went... I just love this kid's game. How did Lavonte perform first game? Well, I thought he was held back by having to call all the play calls on D, a heady responsibility for a rook... but he still led the team in tackles with 6. David had two tackles for losses and an interception. Third year player Gerald MCoy is force on the line, he can bring it and might be the stand out player on defense for the Bucs but Lavonte David will be a star to watch in this league for years to come.

Get ready Giant D. Martin carried the ball 24 times. Martin also caught 4 for an additional 23 yards. Most impressive late in the game Martin did not wear down- he slammed a run for 15 sealing the game. The Bucs will ground and pound you and win their fair share of games this season just not this one.

Predicting a score here seems a useless endeavor now after Dallas, it feels like an " under " game, low scoring, Giants win by 10.

Due to some fun drafting by the Bucs front office, fans of the Giants will see some nice talent on the field Sunday as the Giants avenge an opening day flop and
WIN THE DAY. This Has Been An Impartial Review. ~stoney

"I don't think they totally gave up on me. It was just in that moment in the opening game and me having a critical moment like that at the beginning, they didn't want me in there."-D Wilson

"This is a completely different experience for me. Obviously with the new coaching staff, we all know how much it's changed. I've really been pushed, and coach really has made an effort to push me into a leadership role with this team, and I'm enjoying it, There's a lot of impressionable guys on this football team, young and impressionable guys that have great futures ahead of them. They told me part of you coming back was so you can influence those guys- I'm really taking that to heart."- R Barber

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#67 : September 12, 2012, 06:14:56 PM

The Eagles' fan made my day. You don't see too many of them these days, they don't really offer anything useful to the planet. (Sorry Dory, you should be alright now that you've joined the Buccaneers)

Should be a good one.

Quote from: HoagieBastage (Eagles Fan)
I'm here to talk smack and chew bubblegum. Guess what I'm out of?
I replied as Greg Schiano...
If you answered any of the following, you are correct...

Smack. Out of material.
    Bubblegum. Can't afford it.
    Super Bowl Trophies (As previously mentioned)
    Puppies/Dogs
    Diapers/Depends.
    Money to sign more convicted criminals.
    Teeth.
    Common Sense.
    Class.
    Always Sunny Reruns.
    A job.
    Soap, antibacterial specifically.
    Beer Bottles
    Beer Cans
    Beer in general.
    Wine
    Whiskey
    Scotch
    Vodka
    Rum
    Tequila
    Moonshine.
    Children to vomit on.
    Jail, just freshly released.
    Veteran's stadium.
    Hope.
    Luck.
    A Head Coach who doesn't choke.
    Education.
    Sponge.
    Talent.
    A note from mommy explaining why you weren't at school yesterday.
    Drugs.
    Febreeze.
    Snowballs to throw at Santa.
    Clean water.
    Molestations from Sandusky.
    Toothpaste.
    People who care about you
    A home
    Jesus. He hates Eagles fans.
    Laundry Detergent.
    Mohamed. He also hates Eagles fans.
    Lubricant for all the times the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins have bent your team over. I don't think you lead all time rivalry #s in any of those games.
    Crayons.
    Lunchables.
    Excuses
    Reasons to live.
    Deodorant.
    Wolves to kill off your blind sheep fan base.
    A clue.
    Hi-C Juice Boxes.
    Line.
    Whack.
    Dish Liquid Soap.
    Eating Utensils.
    Dinner plates
    Fresh Socks.
    Ways to choke in important games.
    Ways to embarrass yourself.
    Soul.
    Sync.
    Dignity.
    Style.
    Fresh air.
    Paint to huff.
    Electricity.
    Shopping carts for storage.
    A wash cloth.
    Pain Killers.
    Underwear without skid marks.
    Neurons.
    Backbone.
    Tact
    Play-doh
    Hair that doesn't have head lice in it.
    The ability to listen
    Vitamins.
    Ways to exercise.
    Birth Control Methods.
    Places to put more babies.
    Shoes.
    Preparation H
    A bed without bed bugs.
    Feces, the general currency of Philadelphia Eagle fans.
    Anything of importance.
    Credit.
    A bridge to jump off of
    A bridge to live under
    Wart removal
    Players with a clean record.
    Responsibilities.
    Sunlight.
    Animals to molest.

Reference:
Giant's Forum

lol

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#68 : September 12, 2012, 06:22:53 PM

You've managed to thoroughly convince me that people from Philadelphia are generally a less intelligent, classless sub-species of humanoid. I'm putting in a recommendation that homeland security starts monitoring fans citing the snowballing of Santa Claus and shooting flare guns as an example. How many stadiums honestly have a damn jail inside their stadium? The real question I should be asking, is, How many stadiums need a jail inside their stadium.

It's a shame they need a jail, but they do. I don't know why they haven't funded large high pressure hoses as well. The whole stadium smells like B.O. and dead animals because clearly nobody in that stadium knows what a shower is. They should serious get high pressure hoses and just spray the entire stadium. That stinging sensation that you'll feel is the bacteria that will be washing off your body which would inevitably be in enough layers to prevent you from feeling how painful it would be to be hit with a high pressure hose.

Eagles fans have a tendency to get so plastered they hurl beer bottles onto the field, pour beer on players in the tunnels, and vomit on children. In the aftermath of that garbage, they get their own team pepper sprayed. What pride does your organization have left? The face of the franchise is a dog murdering felon who once owned the nickname, Ron Mexico and you guys have invested over $100,000,000 in him.

This team has been around forever and still hasn't won a single Super Bowl. You can talk about talent all that you want. I don't care how fast your players can run, what turd they can buy in free agency or how many dogs they can kill. It will never make them a good football team. You can talk about luck all you want, making up excuses for why other teams keep winning titles and you have yet to do it. Yeah but... that's all I hear.

Honestly, the world doesn't have to hate Philadelphia fans, you hate yourselves enough. How many times have we seen Eagle fans beating Eagle fans.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#69 : September 12, 2012, 06:42:27 PM

You could at least use a little spit to make things a bit easier on that dude.....

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#70 : September 12, 2012, 06:49:01 PM

IMO our one and only chance is a fierce pass rush. If we can get to Eli early and often we'll make a game of it, if not we lose by 10+.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#71 : September 12, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

IMO our one and only chance is a fierce pass rush. If we can get to Eli early and often we'll make a game of it, if not we lose by 10+.

I believe they can be just as effective, but Idk if they can do exactly what they did to Cam.

I guess that theory hinges on one belief. Do you think the Giants have a better OL than the Pantards?

I know their preparation and playcalls aren't as simple as the Panthers, so it's going to be tough team against a tough team. Whoever is tougher on both lines will be the winner of this game. Eli is one of the masters at pocket passing. They have to beat their opposition right at the line to get a fair shot at Eli. He simply goes through his progressions too quickly for there to be hesitation of any kind.

Maybe have the LB's blitz plenty like last game?

A couple things are for sure though, Eli won't fall for the same , and now there is tape. Schiano had better teach them a few new tricks just in case their OL is underrated or match up better than we think.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#72 : September 12, 2012, 09:23:46 PM

3SK is a MAN.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#73 : September 12, 2012, 09:26:00 PM

3SK, I think you forgot the most important thing he's without...

THE VET!  8)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#74 : September 13, 2012, 01:33:26 PM

Bump
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 92
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Bucs V. G-Men gameday thread. #Biggs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools