Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Bucs V. G-Men gameday thread. #Biggs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 92

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 11, 2012, 07:56:53 AM

Dedicated to Morgana...perhaps he can call me a jinxer again...

Whew...she was/is mad that you created the UnOfficial Official Gameday thread.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 11, 2012, 09:01:08 AM

Quote from: Pewterman
The Bucs need to utilize the run game and the screen game to relieve the pressure on Josh. He is going to get sacked. Romo got sacked on his first drive. You have to be patient with that defense. Wear them out and hopefully their depleted O-Line will be open season for McCoy and company and force turnovers. No quarterback is immune to turning the ball over when they're pressured.

I think you're right on the money. Screens and the run game have to be effective to win this one. It will keep the line honest. Eventually, a good play action will give us an opportunity to for a splash play or two. I know Martz was raving about the play fakes that Josh does and I have to admit, they were very convincing. Good coaching in the early going.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 11, 2012, 10:06:54 AM

I think we lose, 35-13. Hope I'm wrong though.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 11, 2012, 10:12:58 AM

This will be a totally diff test for our D this week.  Giants aren't based on the run and really are used to be shut down on the ground.  We'll have to tighten up the middle of the field and keep hands in the face of Eli and not let him get comfortable in the pocket.  Saying that with how beat up their Oline is I really think our LB's can cover a little more and blitz a little less and still get pressure needed.  Should be a fun one.  I'm going to stay in full Homer mode and say 24-23 Bucs on a last second Barth FG!

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 11, 2012, 10:24:18 AM

This game will be very telling. Cruz and Nicks tough. If the Bucs win..it could really set the tone for the rest of the season. Trueblood, if he starts will have to play the game of his life.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 11, 2012, 10:43:03 AM

This game will be very telling. Cruz and Nicks tough. If the Bucs win..it could really set the tone for the rest of the season. Trueblood, if he starts will have to play the game of his life.

Agree. Cruz and Nicks will be tough while their Dline will be tough for our guys up front. If we win this game some major confidence for the team. Would be great. Cant wait to watch the game.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 11, 2012, 10:46:31 AM

I think part of this gameplan will certainly include a lot of RB, FB and TE support with blocking.

Our wideouts and Freeman will need to have a bigger role/ game than week one.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 11, 2012, 10:56:48 AM

I think we lose, 35-13. Hope I'm wrong though.

I dont think youll have too many predicting a win. Its really easy to mark this one down as a loss. I think it will be a close game though with us hanging in there. I dont know if we will win or not but I think we see another solid effort from the guys.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 11, 2012, 10:59:57 AM

...but I think we see another solid effort from the guys...

I expect that...

I hope that we can be competitive and pull out another win...  wouldn't that be ridiculous?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 11, 2012, 11:00:25 AM

I think part of this gameplan will certainly include a lot of RB, FB and TE support with blocking.

Our wideouts and Freeman will need to have a bigger role/ game than week one.

One of their safties is nicked up and Prince is questionable, definitely should attack their secondary.  Demarco Murray had a good game against them also. Not worried about the offense as much as the defense, was last week a fluke or is that D for real?

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#25 : September 11, 2012, 11:01:42 AM

Yea probably  a lot of 2 wr sets, to keep in extra blockers. Larsen and most definantly trueblood are going to need it. Im not worried about nicks and penn. But Im scared **CENSORED**less of trueblood against jpp. I think if there was a game to do that rotation of dotson/trueblood this will be it. Because trueblood has the potential to get completely demolished by jpp all game long in pass pro. Dotson is much better in my eyes in pass pro so well see. I really believe that our D could take advantage of them. We won't have to blitz as must as we did to get pressure I believe our front 4 can handle theirs. Leaving extra room to stay in coverage. I honestly think that we matchup pretty well against them.

ufcguy32

Starter

#26 : September 11, 2012, 11:02:51 AM

u also have to think that sullivan knows manning and his weaknesses very very well. the guy has coached him and trained him. He knows what gets him rattled and turn into a interception throwing machine....which he has done numerous times.  i think this game is a lot different than we think. bucs win a close one.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 11, 2012, 11:03:29 AM

the difference being in Murray's case is I think the Gmen game planned for a passing attack (and failed.)

They'll see the Bucs running the ball...  hopefully they'll bite and pull out an effective passing attack.

I see a lot of nickel and dime defense coming...   those edges have to be solid.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 11, 2012, 11:03:39 AM

Yea probably  a lot of 2 wr sets, to keep in extra blockers. Larsen and most definantly trueblood are going to need it. Im not worried about nicks and penn. But Im scared **CENSORED**less of trueblood against jpp. I think if there was a game to do that rotation of dotson/trueblood this will be it. Because trueblood has the potential to get completely demolished by jpp all game long in pass pro. Dotson is much better in my eyes in pass pro so well see. I really believe that our D could take advantage of them. We won't have to blitz as must as we did to get pressure I believe our front 4 can handle theirs. Leaving extra room to stay in coverage. I honestly think that we matchup pretty well against them.

We do match up well. I think our defense will cause a few turnovers again. Its really gonna be up to the offense and how they slow down that pass rush.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 11, 2012, 11:07:50 AM

Giants actually did a pretty decent job of stopping the run until Murray broke off that freak long one.  Still have to be patient with our game though.  If we get to pass happy and have Free throw 40+ times that pass rush will eat our lunch,
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 92
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Bucs V. G-Men gameday thread. #Biggs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools