Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Bucs V. G-Men gameday thread. #Biggs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 92

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : September 11, 2012, 11:20:16 AM

http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/48980080

Courtesy of JoeBucsFan.com:

The leader of the New Schiano Order, Bucs coach Greg Schiano, talked with Eric Kuselias about the win over the Panthers, LeGarrette Blount, and how the NFL has evolved when he was an assistant with the Bears in this NBC Sports Network video.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 11, 2012, 11:22:32 AM

I think the Bucs have to do exactly what Dallas did... throw early and often.  Dallas had 17 pass plays called and 8 rushes in the first half.  They were able to force the Giants D-Line to keep dropping back to make tackles and wearing them down.  Dallas was constantly in 3 (and 4 with Witten occassionally split outside), WR sets.  They forced the Giants defense to match up against them, not the other way around.  In the 2nd half, Dallas was able to run a whole crap load because the Giants D-Line was tired from running around in the 1st half.  Put the ball in Freeman's hands and tell him to make the quick and correct reads and throw the ball.  That's why we drafted him, right?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 11, 2012, 01:12:36 PM

I agree, focusing on stopping the RUN versus the Gmen is not a priority.  They were dead last last year in toting the pill, and they just completely mauled a potent Panther passing attack.  Gmen win by a pass attack that keeps clock running.  So the secondary and the D-line will have to really prop each other up in this contest (barring a heavy wind of course).

And the Giants are favored by EIGHT.  So that is huge in the beting world.

Hopefully Freeman can avoid costly turnovers...hell, I am thinking if it rains and blusters, it might benefit the BUcs a great deal given what they want to accomplish.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 11, 2012, 01:20:14 PM

I agree, focusing on stopping the RUN versus the Gmen is not a priority.  They were dead last last year in toting the pill, and they just completely mauled a potent Panther passing attack.  Gmen win by a pass attack that keeps clock running.  So the secondary and the D-line will have to really prop each other up in this contest (barring a heavy wind of course).

And the Giants are favored by EIGHT.  So that is huge in the beting world.

Hopefully Freeman can avoid costly turnovers...hell, I am thinking if it rains and blusters, it might benefit the BUcs a great deal given what they want to accomplish.

Completely agree. The Giants are not going to be running the ball much, so our d-line will have to get pressure like they did against Cam and our secondary can't allow big plays.

BTW, just looked up the weather for the game. They're saying 77 and cloudy, 20% of rain, not much wind...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 11, 2012, 01:28:27 PM

BTW, just looked up the weather for the game. They're saying 77 and cloudy, 20% of rain, not much wind...

Yeah, we're going to have San Diego-like weather up here in Jersey over the next week to 10 days, so that really won't be an issue for the good or bad on Sunday.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 11, 2012, 03:27:24 PM

REALITY is that the Giants were not a very good team during the regular last year. They limped into the playoffs at 8-8 and got hot at the right time. If they could play like they do in the playoffs all the time, they'd be an elite team....but they can't/don't so they are not. Their defensive line is boss, but their linebackers are average and their secondary stinks. Worst running game in the league last year, and Eli has thrown 55 interceptions over the last three years. They CAN get hot and play lights out, but they don't do that consistently. Anyone who watched them play the Cowboys last week can tell you that. There is a chance they come out and play a perfect game and destroy us, but it's not likely.

If we play well and don't beat ourselves, this should be a very close game. Talent wise they are not better than us.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 11, 2012, 03:33:03 PM

I went to give the Giants forum a hard time as Greg Schiano, ended up harassing an Eagles fan who was over there. Giants fans are very concerned about Wilson and their offensive line. They believe they have the worst offensive line in the league and that seems to be shared among the majority of their fans. They also seem to wish they got Doug Martin instead of Wilson. Good times. Victor Cruz may struggle as his family just suffered loss as well.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 11, 2012, 06:28:46 PM

Yeah, we're going to have San Diego-like weather up here in Jersey over the next week to 10 days, so that really won't be an issue for the good or bad on Sunday.

Yea, I'm up in Syracuse and it's supposed to be nice all week so I was assuming the game would be good weather wise. Good to hear because I am going to the game.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 11, 2012, 06:33:00 PM

lol at Morgan deleting his post. Couldn't quote it before he deleted it.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 11, 2012, 06:50:09 PM

I admir, this game makes me nervous. Eli can't get going and we have to stop cruz.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 11, 2012, 08:38:49 PM

I think the Bucs have to do exactly what Dallas did... throw early and often.  Dallas had 17 pass plays called and 8 rushes in the first half.  They were able to force the Giants D-Line to keep dropping back to make tackles and wearing them down.  Dallas was constantly in 3 (and 4 with Witten occassionally split outside), WR sets.  They forced the Giants defense to match up against them, not the other way around.  In the 2nd half, Dallas was able to run a whole crap load because the Giants D-Line was tired from running around in the 1st half.  Put the ball in Freeman's hands and tell him to make the quick and correct reads and throw the ball.  That's why we drafted him, right?

I like it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 11, 2012, 10:00:41 PM

I simply hope for a good competitive game and of course, a Buccaneer win.

I fully expect a Buc win... and the eyes of the NFL cast upon us!!

Giants favored by 7.5

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 11, 2012, 10:09:04 PM

Offense can't afford to play as conservative against Giants D. I expect them to try and pass on us and they have enough receivers where it doesn't matter if one has a bad game. Martin having a big day would be huge for us.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#43 : September 11, 2012, 10:19:42 PM

I like the idea of using a lot of three and 4 wide sets early, forcing them into nickle and dime packages. Use 3 and 5 step drops and force them to keep their worst players (back up to back ups DBs) on the field. Tire them out a bit and then start running right at them.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 11, 2012, 10:21:16 PM

Wishful thinking is that Benn provides a huge burst of speed for our WR's.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 92
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The UnOfficial Bucs V. G-Men gameday thread. #Biggs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools