Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NYT: Bush 9/11 warning negligence far graver than disclosed « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #30 : September 12, 2012, 05:02:36 PM »

How many troops did Clinton send in to see what the rockets hit?  0!  Hence 9/11.  It was said but no one listened.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #31 : September 12, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »

" leave one to believe that the administration's response to the intel was out of the norm in terms of negligence."

Either that, or just a means of passing the buck - not a necessity until bestowed with hindsight.

i.e. Guy one receives warning, does nothing. Nothing happens. He's a genius.

Guy two receives same warning, also does nothing. Something does happen = he's an idiot, it's all his fault. Guy one is writing his memoirs and banging skanks in Arkansas.

Guy three meanwhile, is busy trying to convince Covers this is a political party issue as opposed to a broken system. Presents argument that "the norm" consists of what should have been done with the benefit of hindsight, when history instead shows the norm to be "do nothing."

Guy four is rolling a fat one, and is done for the day. Adios.
« : September 12, 2012, 05:17:36 PM Illuminator »

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #32 : September 12, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »

I was only addressing the article presented by UFOjoe - and they weren't able to even identify the continent where an attack might occur in the near future.  I would offer Bin Laden was interested killing then President Clinton - so I would suspect Clinton was indeed interest in the man's demise.  http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/02osama-bin-laden-obituary.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&ref=osamabinladen

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #33 : September 12, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/10/kurt-eichenwald-500-days-excerpt

How Bush Snared Blair
Three days after 9/11, George W. Bush began to notify American allies, and particularly England, of his intent to launch a military campaign against Iraq—a country unconnected to the terrorist attacks. What followed was more than a year of wrangling, as foreign leaders attempted without success to reign in Bush, until they finally faced the choice between siding with the president or making a historic break with the United States. This is the never-before-told full story of that struggle, as depicted in 500 Days, a new book by Kurt Eichenwald.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #34 : September 13, 2012, 12:09:29 AM »

Can't forget  the USS Cole.   I would say that was a warning.  And well before that. http://clinton6.nara.gov/1998/08/1998-08-20-president-address-to-the-nation.html

That was what the government decided the people needed to know on 8-20-1998.  It is safe to say they had a serious understanding of the situation the whole time.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #35 : September 13, 2012, 12:49:38 AM »

I can forgive Bush for not necessarily taking the threat of Bin Laden 100% seriously. But I continue to think it was completely idiotic to think Iraq was any kind of threat to our national security.

Agreed.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : September 13, 2012, 04:16:06 PM »

At least Bush attended his meetings.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #37 : September 13, 2012, 05:49:27 PM »

Barry can read the summaries and determine everything he needs without interaction of those who produce information.  You know that Spartan.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #38 : September 13, 2012, 07:55:10 PM »

Barry can read the summaries and determine everything he needs without interaction of those who produce information. 

I don't agree with that.    Face to face meetings always provide better information than reading summaries.    What he needs to do is read the summaries, then have a meeting to flush out details.   At least that's what I do in the business world.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #39 : September 13, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »

Barry can read the summaries and determine everything he needs without interaction of those who produce information. 

I don't agree with that.    Face to face meetings always provide better information than reading summaries.    What he needs to do is read the summaries, then have a meeting to flush out details.   At least that's what I do in the business world.
I agree with you.  I believe Spartan was noting the absence of Barry at National Security meetings since the 5th of this month.  I continued with the same tenor.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #40 : September 14, 2012, 07:43:49 AM »

Tehmeena Afzal is hot.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : September 14, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »

I agree with you.  I believe Spartan was noting the absence of Barry at National Security meetings since the 5th of this month.  I continued with the same tenor.

According to Tommy Vietor of the Presidents National Security Council : “The President is among the most sophisticated consumers of intelligence on the planet."  Obama is apparently so brilliant he doesn't need to be briefed every day.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #42 : September 14, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »

According to Tommy Vietor of the Presidents National Security Council : “The President is among the most sophisticated consumers of intelligence on the planet."  Obama is apparently so brilliant he doesn't need to be briefed every day.

Well lets see, he's managed to avoid a 9-11 type event, kill Osama Bin Laden, and pick off various leading members of Al-Qaeda without having to invade a country to do it, and all without attending daily briefings. Maybe Bush should have missed a few of those briefings too.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : September 14, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »

Tehmeena Afzal is hot.
Well, there is something that is true.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #44 : September 14, 2012, 04:19:59 PM »

Well lets see, he's managed to avoid a 9-11 type event, kill Osama Bin Laden, and pick off various leading members of Al-Qaeda without having to invade a country to do it, and all without attending daily briefings. Maybe Bush should have missed a few of those briefings too.
So, we're not including this 9-11 event? 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NYT: Bush 9/11 warning negligence far graver than disclosed « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools