Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martin is not a goal line back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 11, 2012, 01:26:34 PM

If is the same play I'm thinking of, the Carolina Lb'rs played it well.

2 of them,  1 took the lead blocker down and the second came in right behind and had good leverage and pad level from the side on Martin.

I agree - one game does not make or break the young man.

Zuttah completely whiffed on the 2nd LB.  The guy had a free shot at Martin and took it.   Good play on his account, bad play on Zuttah's.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 11, 2012, 01:36:22 PM

Blount will get his chance.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 11, 2012, 01:41:00 PM

Hasn't Blount had his chance?  Wasn't short yardage a problem with him?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 11, 2012, 01:44:18 PM

He scored in the pre-season. He deserves a chance with the first team O-line.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 11, 2012, 01:45:33 PM

It is a problem, which is odd, because in his first career action against the Pittsburgh Steelers, he demolished them on a 1-yard touchdown plunge in the fourth.  Nowadays, he's always looking for the big play, even on 4th and inches.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#35 : September 11, 2012, 01:55:43 PM

" He deserves a chance with the first team O-line. "

"Deserves" it based on what? The fact that you like him? I think it takes more than that. As for exactly what it does take, I'm certain that criteria would have been laid out for him by the coaching staff. And that same coaching doesn't seem to believe that he does "deserve" it. That's pretty much the end of the story unless you'd like to offer up some conspiracy theory about how they're deliberately holding him back.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

snesfreak

Starter

#36 : September 11, 2012, 02:00:50 PM

Bring back Alstott.
Start King!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 11, 2012, 02:12:27 PM

As if the first team OL is something to be proud of. This OL is below average....and that's even with an All-pro Nicks anchoring it.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 11, 2012, 02:17:36 PM

As if the first team OL is something to be proud of. This OL is below average....and that's even with an All-pro Nicks anchoring it.

And to think they didnt have Nicks last year. No wonder pressure was always in Freemans face last year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 11, 2012, 02:26:06 PM

And to think they didnt have Nicks last year. No wonder pressure was always in Freemans face last year.
If Blount sucked as badly as he did running behind James Lee and Derrick Hardman, there's just no use trying him behind Nicks. He's a lost cause.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 11, 2012, 02:37:41 PM

I think we will see Blount get a shot at it next time. Martin had two chances to get in. That couldnt have made Schiano happy.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#41 : September 11, 2012, 02:42:12 PM

i like martin and his game but if they gave blount 24 carries he would have had 195yds, he isnt getting brushed over and arm tackled

Blount got EXACTLY 24 carries in a similar game against Atlanta last year and only ended up with 81 yards.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 11, 2012, 02:45:36 PM

Im really curious as to why Schiano isnt running Blount more. Honestly he would have been the perfect back to close out that game Sunday with the defense being a little worn out. I said it earlier that maybe Blount has been fumbling in practice. Schiano doesnt want to play somebody who is putting the ball on the ground.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 11, 2012, 03:13:51 PM

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/REG/1

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : September 11, 2012, 03:16:29 PM

You've never seen backs shut down on the goal line before?  Weird.

Many times.   But not like that.   He was literally knocked back like a rag doll by a hit by the backer.    I've never seen a back get his butt whipped so badly on the goal line and I've been watching the NFL since 1973.   Warrick Dunn was small, but when he was hit, he seemed to be tougher than that.   They couldn't blast Dunn backwards like that with a single hit at the goal line.   

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martin is not a goal line back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools