Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly is likely a bust... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#375 : November 19, 2012, 06:08:19 PM

Did anyone see this article?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000097281/article/carolina-panthers-start-sniping-after-another-bad-loss

Charles Johnson, started to point fingers.

"Embarrassed to be a part of that last drive! Some people study and work harder than others and they get expose(d) in the game," Johnson stated on Twitter.

Wonder if it plays into this thread at all...

i really doubt keekly is the guy he was referring to.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#376 : November 19, 2012, 06:15:03 PM

Did anyone see this article?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000097281/article/carolina-panthers-start-sniping-after-another-bad-loss

Charles Johnson, started to point fingers.

"Embarrassed to be a part of that last drive! Some people study and work harder than others and they get expose(d) in the game," Johnson stated on Twitter.

Wonder if it plays into this thread at all...

i really doubt keekly is the guy he was referring to.

I have my doubts as well, but can't help but wonder as LuK was exposed at times during the key points of the game.

NovaBuc

Starter

#377 : November 19, 2012, 06:30:12 PM

I think Kuechly will end up being a decent player in the NFL, but I stand by my opinion that he is very Ruud-esque. He doesn't seem very instinctive but more of a reactionary player. He has a lot of assist tackles, 44% of the tackles he makes are in conjunction with other players rather than solo tackles. What little I saw of the game on Sunday didn't really change my opinion of him. He made a couple of plays as mentioned by Chace, but often seemed to not be in good position to make the play or gets run over/dragged after making the initial contact rather than stopping the play at the point of contact. He may improve if the game hasn't yet slowed down for him but I suspect he is what he is now. He's going to make a ton of tackles, but not be a MLB that makes many 'wow' plays in his career.

As for the Kuechly 'hate' on the boards, it's mostly due to Java and his bias against the Bucs since Gruden was fired. It may be an act, but it's worn rather thin over the years with his weird reasons for not liking a Bucs player, seeming to take joy in seeing the Bucs do badly and basically acting like he'd rather see the team fail. It's the way he shifts the goal posts for the Bucs teams and their players when they do good - like when Freeman was doing well in 2010 it was because the other teams we played were bad and then when you just could not ignore the statistically impressive season he was having he decided he just didn't like Freeman because he was too big to play QB - never mind that two of his favorites now Dan Orlovsky and Tim Tebow are similar in size. He's constantly harping on the Bucs players and staff about how some other player in the league is better than the player we have - like earlier this season he was saying we should have picked Alfred Morris rather than Doug Martin in the draft for our RB. Or that we should have gotten Suh over McCoy - it doesn't matter that we were not in position to take him or that McCoy has been playing great here. I think most of us are just tired of the double standard he has and the way he makes excuses for the players he likes while finding the most absurd reasons to downplay the success of the Bucs and their current players.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#378 : November 19, 2012, 08:03:02 PM

I can't believe that this thread is still continuing about this guy!

HE IS A PANTHER, and I personally could care less if he made all-pro.

His team has 2 wins...HELLO!
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly is likely a bust... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools