Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ND to ACC « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
: September 12, 2012, 05:13:45 PM

very interesting.  im  curious about how they are going to handle their schedule.  ND has always played the Service Academies, right?  heard on the radio that they have multi-year contracts with mich st, mich, and i believe purdue.  traditional games against usc and stanford.  and now they agree to play 5 ACC games a year?  seems to me some contracts and traditions are going out the window or ND just signed up for possibly the toughest schedule in college football.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 12, 2012, 06:26:29 PM

will be interesting to see what they do. they definately will keep the USC game, and most likely michigan and MSU.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 12, 2012, 08:56:55 PM

meh duke, maryland, nc state, nc, bc

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 12, 2012, 09:21:18 PM

the way theyre setting up the acc games works out that every team will play ND once every 3 years. however that shakes out i have no idea. i imagine some years theyll draw the easier teams and some years theyll get FSU, VT, and clemson

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 25, 2012, 05:34:36 PM

The primary result of this partial marriage of Notre Dame to the ACC is that any old big 12 expansion plans involving ACC teams including FSU are over.  There is  a highly vocal part of the FSU fan base that absolutely despises the ACC and certainly there are legitimate reasons for the unhappiness. However, after what has transpired over the last year with the admittance of Pitt and Syracuse , the Orange Bowl deal, Notre Dame, and the opening up of further renegotiating of a  rather putrid TV contract I would say the ACC has successfully eliminated any chance of any ACC team including FSU to join another conference.

As to the Big 12 IMO if they were really trying take the recent lemon and make lemonade they should offer UCF and USF membership to the conference.   While UCF and USF currently are not that impressive getting such a foothold on the Florida market would be huge for the old big 12.   Just need to think a bit outside the box.

That being said even though the old big 12 says they want to stay at 10 teams I believe in the near future Louisville and BYU will get the full court press because really what else is left?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 02, 2012, 12:45:45 PM

I don't know if it has been covered in this thread yet, but it must be said that the ACC sucks.  Hard.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 28, 2012, 12:13:01 PM

I don't know if it has been covered in this thread yet, but it must be said that the ACC sucks.  Hard.

and with two straight losses to FSU ( an ACC team) what does that say about UF?  Oh Miami and Syracuse say Hi and miss playing the gators!! LOL

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 28, 2012, 01:08:00 PM

5 ACC games a year? they aren't  eligible for the conf championship game right?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 29, 2012, 09:32:41 AM

and with two straight losses to FSU ( an ACC team) what does that say about UF?  Oh Miami and Syracuse say Hi and miss playing the gators!! LOL

Yeah, you know the ACC sucks. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 29, 2012, 05:11:14 PM

Which of course following your impeccable logic means UF sucks.  ;D

Runole

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 29, 2012, 05:35:47 PM

5 ACC games a year? they aren't  eligible for the conf championship game right?

Yes you are correct  which is why it is just a matter of time until they become a full conference member for football so they can be eligible for the first conference championship in their history for football.  It certainly is understood that Notre Dame  ;) ;) ;) will always be independent and never be a full time member despite guaranteeing playing 5 ACC teams every year. Of course when the ACC decided to reduce their conference schedule to 8 games rather than the proposed 9 with the addition of Pitt and Syracuse there was no real purpose in that!  ;) ;) ;)  and of course when Notre Dame just recently canceled its future game with Michigan that this was for no particular reason! ;) ;) ;)...    Really not that hard to connect the dots on where this is going..  The only question is who will be the 16th team?

Choices  Rutgers  UConn  Penn State???   Just a hunch but with the Penn State scandal and most of their fan base residing in the East it certainly could be possible if not probable for Penn State to become that 16th member.   All the research stuff with the Big 10/12 can be done in the ACC as well and certainly it is known that Penn State's marriage to the Big Ten has not exactly turned out the way many at Penn State felt it would with only (1) Big Ten championship since becoming a member of that conference.    ALL SPECULATION at this point but there is logic in this speculation as it would seem to be a benefit to all involved in terms of TV and coverage nationally for both programs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 31, 2012, 01:05:41 PM

i dont think any honest UF fan would brag about the last 2 seasons.  think many would agree that UF is back on an upswing already though.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 31, 2012, 03:51:28 PM

No, you're using the logic of senile old coot.  Logic that doesn't exist in the real world.

Are you really trying to make the argument that the ACC doesn't suck?  Are you that delusional?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 01, 2012, 05:28:30 PM

No, you're using the logic of senile old coot.  Logic that doesn't exist in the real world.

Are you really trying to make the argument that the ACC doesn't suck?  Are you that delusional?

Do I believe the ACC is a better conference in football than the SEC?   Of course not.     The point is you claim the ACC sucks. By making that statement one can assume that all the teams in that conference suck.    Yet FSU has beaten Florida that last  2 seasons and clearly no team has dominated the SEC more than Florida over the 25 years.  So it just stands to reason that at least over the last 2 years UF SUCKS following your assertion.  Your words not mine.

Oh and try to stay on topic which is NOTRE DAME joining the ACC for all sports and playing 5 ACC games every season from now on in football.  The ACC currently is down in football but they will get better.   If they are so bad why is UF after next season not going to play Miami any more?    Since you brought up the word sucks where do Lousiana Laf  and Jacksonville state rank on your SUCKING list!   ;D
: November 01, 2012, 05:36:04 PM Runole

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 02, 2012, 05:34:29 PM

Do I believe the ACC is a better conference in football than the SEC?   Of course not.     The point is you claim the ACC sucks. By making that statement one can assume that all the teams in that conference suck.    Yet FSU has beaten Florida that last  2 seasons and clearly no team has dominated the SEC more than Florida over the 25 years.  So it just stands to reason that at least over the last 2 years UF SUCKS following your assertion.  Your words not mine.

Florida has been the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC the previous two seasons.  Florida State has been the 1st or 2nd best team in the ACC the previous two seasons.  I realize that you're a senile old coot, but even you have to see that your point here (like the ACC) sucks.

Oh and try to stay on topic

I am.  This is about a team joining the sucky ACC.  The same ACC that gets it's ass handed to them every bowl season, because the ACC sucks.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ND to ACC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools