Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ground attack plan for the Giants « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: September 14, 2012, 10:23:42 AM

The talk is all about Martin as the starter, and then Blount as his backup. Our third option might be the best. Ware knows their defense better than anyone. He's practiced against them for years. It makes sense to me that he should be heavily involved in the game plan. We have a match-up issue with our OL and their DL that is not to our advantage when passing or running the ball. We can't do what we did last week. There is no element of surprise. Ware, and even Smith, could give us that element. The Giants aren't going to prepare for either of them. I'm not suggesting to leave Martin and Blount out of it, just mixing Ware and Smith in when needed. Experience and speed can be a good thing when applied at the right time.

A win this week is REALLY important to me. My wife loves the Giants. We'll be watching this game in the same room.

STRICK-9

Starter

#1 : September 14, 2012, 10:37:30 AM

1Sparkybuc:

I hope you ask Freeman for 6 TD's or your son will turn into a Giants Fan!

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 14, 2012, 10:44:39 AM

How is knowing the defense going to help a running back? If Ware is in the game, he's going to run into the hole the coaches tell him to or catch the ball where the coaches tell him to. From there his individual talent and the talents of his teammates will decide if it is a successful play or not. Knowing the defense doesn't help him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TheQ

Starter

#3 : September 14, 2012, 11:15:28 AM

I hope the game plan includes the Freeman of the first half against the Panthers and not the second half.
I would like to see what Martin can do with better holes to run thru.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 14, 2012, 11:33:04 AM

1Sparkybuc:

I hope you ask Freeman for 6 TD's or your son will turn into a Giants Fan!

My son is too busy treating the mentally ill and dealing with his nutcase wife. Sadly, he has no interest in sports beyond what my grandsons are involved in.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 14, 2012, 11:34:46 AM

How is knowing the defense going to help a running back? If Ware is in the game, he's going to run into the hole the coaches tell him to or catch the ball where the coaches tell him to. From there his individual talent and the talents of his teammates will decide if it is a successful play or not. Knowing the defense doesn't help him.

I disagree.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 14, 2012, 11:37:23 AM

It makes sense to me that he should be heavily involved in the game plan. We have a match-up issue with our OL and their DL that is not to our advantage when passing or running the ball. We can't do what we did last week. Experience and speed can be a good thing when applied at the right time.

Totally agree!  I'm sure Ware has given plenty of valuable info that will go towards the game plan.
I expect that he'll see the field maybe a bit more than normal especially in pass protect.
: September 14, 2012, 11:40:03 AM bucinnj

Turn the page.

Pewterman

Starter

#7 : September 14, 2012, 01:27:58 PM

In the game, no. But game planning, you bet that he knows some of their schemes, tendencies, and weaknesses even. He's helping the team as a whole. But yes, his individual talent is his own. His experiences against that line will be a plus though. I know for a fact he's been sent in to slow down JPP or another lineman.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 14, 2012, 02:44:02 PM

We should run blount straight at JPP.

Whats this "we" **CENSORED**? 

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ground attack plan for the Giants « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools