Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Ian Beckles make it to work this morning? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

: September 14, 2012, 03:36:09 PM

Former Buc, radio personality Ian Beckles arrested in St. Petersburg

ST. PETERSBURG Former Bucs player Ian Beckles, who now co-hosts a morning sports talk radio show in the Tampa area, was arrested Thursday on a charge of disorderly intoxication after, police said, he ignored orders to follow traffic signals and leave police horses alone.

Beckles, 45, was arrested about 11 p.m. Thursday near Jannus Live. Police were directing traffic as a large crowd left the Citizen Cope concert and they spotted Beckles walking into traffic, according to an arrest report.

An officer who asked him to return to the sidewalk observed Beckles was "highly intoxicated, swaying and slurring his speech," the report says. The former Buc "had difficulty speaking in complete sentences and had the strong smell of alcohol on his breath."

When police told Beckles he could go, after "educating him" on the importance of pedestrian traffic signals, Beckles allegedly slapped an officer on the back and said, "Okay, tough guy."

He continued to heckle officers until he was asked to return to the sidewalk, police said.

Beckles then moved toward a mounted officer and was told to stay away, according to the report.

He moved away from that horse and toward another, police said.

Another officer began to yell, "Don't touch the horse! Don't touch the horse!"

Beckles touched the horse.

According to jail logs, Beckles was booked into the Pinellas County Jail at 12:41 a.m. He was released on $100 bail less than three hours later.

Beckles has a morning show with Ron Diaz on 620-AM WDAE The Sports Animal.

He spent nine years in the NFL as an offensive lineman from 1990-98, including the first seven with Tampa Bay, starting 105 games in all.

Beckles was not immediately available for comment

source: http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/former-buc-radio-personality-ian-beckles-arrested-in-st-petersburg/1251522

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 14, 2012, 03:37:52 PM

"Okay, tough guy."

I lol'd

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 14, 2012, 03:39:33 PM

Pretty sure he drank the wave.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 14, 2012, 03:46:16 PM

All i could think of was Frank the tank, or the scene from half baked.

"Butternutttttttts!"

Seriously though, run around in traffic drunk = slap on wrist, but touch horse, and go straight to jail...

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#4 : September 14, 2012, 03:49:32 PM

He pooped himself.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 14, 2012, 03:53:21 PM

All i could think of was Frank the tank, or the scene from half baked.

"Butternutttttttts!"

Seriously though, run around in traffic drunk = slap on wrist, but touch horse, and go straight to jail...

Not "a horse".  A POLICE horse.  Just like a K9 unit they are considered as officers themselves.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 14, 2012, 03:55:29 PM

Pretty sure he drank the wave.

WDAE employees sure like drinking the wave.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 14, 2012, 04:00:14 PM

Eh, whatever, he got too drunk and did what people do when they get too drunk. He wasn't behind the wheel, he didn't harm anyone or put anyone in danger.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#8 : September 14, 2012, 04:16:15 PM

Eh, whatever, he got too drunk and did what people do when they get too drunk. He wasn't behind the wheel, he didn't harm anyone or put anyone in danger.

So why was he arrested? Antagonizing the police. Smart move, tough guy. He's lucky he wasn't tazed. That would have been awesome.

I'm pretty sure I heard him on the radio today, missed most of the show and I'm not sure if he mentioned it. He does brag about his drinking. Glad to see him get in hot water - but I'm sure he'll get his lawyer to get him off just like DUI-mig.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#9 : September 14, 2012, 04:29:36 PM

I don't listen to their show, did Beckles mention this at all?

Pretty funny, that a guy who makes his living judging others when they get into trouble got arrested.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 14, 2012, 04:34:50 PM

just as good as anywhere to put this recent meltdown by Dan Sileo

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 14, 2012, 04:37:57 PM

What's with these radio personalities and alcohol?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 14, 2012, 04:55:42 PM

Have you seen the water cooler at WDAE?

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#13 : September 14, 2012, 05:02:43 PM

I just don't get it. I have been drunk in a public place more times than I can count. But I have never been drunk enough to heckle a cop or his horse. I'd have to say it's either arrogance or stupidity that caused him to do this.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#14 : September 14, 2012, 05:39:39 PM

Have you seen the water cooler at WDAE?

Makes sense now. I'd be spouting off some insane opinions as well if that's what my work's water cooler was like.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Ian Beckles make it to work this morning? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools