Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Ian Beckles make it to work this morning? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#15 : September 15, 2012, 02:40:34 AM

"he touched the horse" hahaha

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 15, 2012, 03:09:52 AM

Inappropriately, I might add.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 15, 2012, 08:54:56 AM

What's with these radio personalities and alcohol?

Have you seen the water cooler at WDAE?

LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 15, 2012, 08:58:26 AM

Inappropriately, I might add.
Thanks for the chuckle...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 15, 2012, 09:30:13 AM

Funny stuff. Glad he was just being a drunk pedestrian and not driving. Getting a free ride to the sober tank was probably the best move for him.

Draft Aaron Donald

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 15, 2012, 09:46:47 AM

Eh, whatever, he got too drunk and did what people do when they get too drunk. He wasn't behind the wheel, he didn't harm anyone or put anyone in danger.

Completely agree. Being obedient doesn't come as naturally as it does for others.

Telling a grown up that they can't cross the street..

Soon it will be legislated how we all should wipe our asses.

Not a fan of Ian, but that shouldn't matter.

Sometimes I feel that American's have a lust for power and rules. Even Though the citizens are on the receiving end!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : September 15, 2012, 03:30:54 PM

Ian made national news.

Ian Beckles, a former Buccaneers offensive lineman and current Tampa sports talk-radio host, was arrested Thursday and charged with disorderly intoxication. But it's now what he was arrested for so much as how he got himself arrested that's of interest here.

You can read the full report at Tampa Bay Times, or you can just read this:

When police told Beckles he could go after "educating him" on the importance of pedestrian traffic signals, Beckles slapped an officer on the back and said, "Okay, tough guy," police said.

He continued to heckle officers until he was asked to return to the sidewalk, police said. Then Beckles moved toward an officer on horseback and was told to stay away.

He moved from that horse and toward another, police said.

Another officer began to yell, "Don't touch the horse! Don't touch the horse!"
    Beckles touched the horse, police said.

Again, "Beckles touched the horse, police said." Just an all-time line there. Too bad you Bucs fans already have a crummy name for your fantasy team like "Sweeney Ronde: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street."

Beckles, a nine-year NFL vet, was released less than three hours later on $100 bail.

The lesson here is as simple as it is important: When a police offer tells you not to touch his horse, just don't touch the horse.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/15/ian-beckles-arrest-horse-tampa-bay/70000420/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+%28Sports+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo#.UFTVSa6z4rc

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 15, 2012, 04:00:32 PM

Eh, whatever, he got too drunk and did what people do when they get too drunk. He wasn't behind the wheel, he didn't harm anyone or put anyone in danger.

Completely agree. Being obedient doesn't come as naturally as it does for others.

Telling a grown up that they can't cross the street..

Soon it will be legislated how we all should wipe our asses.

Not a fan of Ian, but that shouldn't matter.

Sometimes I feel that American's have a lust for power and rules. Even Though the citizens are on the receiving end!

Really? I see your point about going overboard but if a traffic cop tells you to wait to cross the street it shouldn't be to hard to wait a few minutes to cross the street.  You definitely shouldn't ignore a cop and then try him by screwing with his horse when he tells you not to.  #commonsense

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 15, 2012, 04:14:17 PM

very well said

TheQ

Starter

#24 : September 15, 2012, 04:14:47 PM

common sense to Ian is to do what he wants too. He ignored the officers warning and they arrested his azz.
Somber up Ian and tell why you are so stupid.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 15, 2012, 04:20:01 PM

I don't agree that you should always listen to a cop. Cops are often wrong or out of line with their requests and shouldn't be blindly followed. That said, I'm not saying this is an instance of that. It sounds like Ian got a little too drunk. It happens. He wasn't driving, he wasn't putting anyone in danger. I think it's a story to laugh about but not even comparable to many stories involving alcohol.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 15, 2012, 05:04:06 PM

What ever happened to being a good American citizen and doing what a police officer asks you rather than giving him lip and testing his authority?  These guys (and gals) lay their lives on the line for us and dserve our respect and gratitude. I hope Beckles loses all of his freebie sponsors that he constantly talks about on his show.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 15, 2012, 05:06:03 PM

Blindly obeying authority isn't being a good American citizen.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 15, 2012, 08:17:01 PM

What ever happened to being a good American citizen and doing what a police officer asks you rather than giving him lip and testing his authority?  These guys (and gals) lay their lives on the line for us and dserve our respect and gratitude. I hope Beckles loses all of his freebie sponsors that he constantly talks about on his show.

Great snarkasm. For a second there, I actually was upset to think one could be so apathetic, so blind to what history has taught us, so ignorant as to place trust in those so vested with power, so foolish to not know of checks and balances and the consequences that come without,  so uneducated on the founding principles of our country, that we know that waiving a flag is much more like cheer leading than being a responsible citizen.

Glad that we've learned from history!

U.S.A!! U.S.A!!

I

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 15, 2012, 08:42:07 PM

Great snarkasm. For a second there, I actually was upset to think one could be so apathetic, so blind to what history has taught us, so ignorant as to place trust in those so vested with power, so foolish to not know of checks and balances and the consequences that come without,  so uneducated on the founding principles of our country, that we know that waiving a flag is much more like cheer leading than being a responsible citizen.

Glad that we've learned from history!

U.S.A!! U.S.A!!

I

Granted we haven't heard Ian's side but come on man. Do you really think the cops were out to get him? Guy was most likely drunk wouldn't shut his mouth and fuk'd with the cops horse. Doesn't make him some huge criminal just a dumb fuk. And a lot of people learn the hard way, me included. Getting drunk and getting brave and stupid has nothing to do with wchecks and balances  and the founding principles of our country..
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Ian Beckles make it to work this morning? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools