Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Opinion on the Embassy attack, and other events « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

spartan

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 18, 2012, 08:30:14 PM

Perhaps if one were to open a Vin Vs CBW thread and you folks could ignore conversations others might be enjoying...

ROFLMAO, I just did that but I swear to God I had not read this before I did so. What do they say about great minds?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 18, 2012, 08:34:56 PM

I am not a communist, I am a liberal. A proponent of social liberalism, if you want to get specific.

Oof!!!! "Eyes bulging!"

Actually you might be right, I actually had you penned as a Marxist. Just my opinion of course, and sorry if this is insulting, but I'm not joking.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 18, 2012, 08:37:48 PM

Perhaps if one were to open a Vin Vs CBW thread and you folks could ignore conversations others might be enjoying...

ROFLMAO, I just did that but I swear to God I had not read this before I did so. What do they say about great minds?
I don't if mine is all that great  ;), apparently we both found the need to say/do something.  It was becoming obvious it was time for others on the board to say/do something - heck, sorting through to find the 'thread' content amidst their 'contest' wasn't worth the effort.  I do enjoy a lot of the conversations in the Cove - while I can snipe with most, if we can move a bit back towards the topics I think it would be more enjoyable.  Good to find myself agreeing with your thoughts - let's me know I am on a good path. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 18, 2012, 08:52:04 PM

I am not a communist, I am a liberal. A proponent of social liberalism, if you want to get specific.

Oof!!!! "Eyes bulging!"

Actually you might be right, I actually had you penned as a Marxist. Just my opinion of course, and sorry if this is insulting, but I'm not joking.

I'm not offended. I just think that it speaks volumes that anyone who posts liberal views on this board is instantly labeled a Marxist/Communist by the conservative posters, but I, someone who all of you seem to think extreme, have never resorted to labeling any of you as fascists. I personally think there might be about 2 true centrists on this MB, and neither one of them post all that often.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 18, 2012, 09:07:23 PM

Nice to see you back CBW.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 18, 2012, 09:10:08 PM

Barry Goldwater was a Republican before the Republican party went hurtling itself on to the crazy train.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 18, 2012, 09:15:43 PM

So back to the topic - have the governments of Libya and the US resolved their opposing views as to who/what planned/executed the folks in the American Embassy post?  Will also point out the reported demise of Al Qaeda by Barry seems a bit premature.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 18, 2012, 09:24:09 PM

So back to the topic -

How refreshing coming from you.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 18, 2012, 09:35:32 PM

This is all too timely.  Something strange is happening and I'm sure intelligence teams are in a major scramble right now.  Does anyone know if the video was really posted on youtube in July?  If that report is true, blaming the attacks on the video is a fools errand.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 18, 2012, 09:42:28 PM

What would make anyone think that intelligence elements haven't been involved in this from the beginning.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 18, 2012, 09:43:39 PM

This is all too timely.  Something strange is happening and I'm sure intelligence teams are in a major scramble right now.  Does anyone know if the video was really posted on youtube in July?  If that report is true, blaming the attacks on the video is a fools errand.

When the video was posted is irrelevant. What matters is when it was viewed. Apparently, it was Pastor Terry Jones promoting this video on his website as part of his Sept 11th, "International Judge Muhammad Day" that got the attention of the Muslim world.

Not that I think the attack in Libya has anything to do with the video, but the protests everywhere else seem to be tied to it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 18, 2012, 09:50:02 PM

When the video was posted is irrelevant. What matters is when it was viewed. Apparently, it was Pastor Terry Jones promoting this video on his website as part of his Sept 11th, "International Judge Muhammad Day" that got the attention of the Muslim world.

Not that I think the attack in Libya has anything to do with the video, but the protests everywhere else seem to be tied to it.
Agree the video had noting to do with Libya, and was the cover "spark" for the prepared kindling in Egypt and other locations.  And the coincidence of all this happening on 9/11 is just too much to accept.  JMVHO

spartan

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 18, 2012, 10:01:39 PM

Likewise I agree on the video thing (cough, splutter - twice in one day), and for the record I have liberal friends that I have no inclination that they are Marxist. It's simply what you post.

Anyways, following the trend of getting back on topic, the video is merely an excuse. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Opinion on the Embassy attack, and other events « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools