Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poor Play by Aqib Talib « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bent09

Starter

#15 : September 16, 2012, 04:37:19 PM

Talib did not have his best game but Hicks is a beast.  I blame both Talib and a DC for not putting his players in a position to win.

We also need to change our blitz point.  I am sick of guys running 1000 mph right by the qb without the qb moving.  For example on the cruz td Foster ran right by Eli without him even stepping up.  He just swiped at the ball.

Tough day but we can get better.

snicker24

Starter
#16 : September 16, 2012, 04:39:16 PM

The worst game I've ever seen Talib play.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#17 : September 16, 2012, 04:39:52 PM

Good luck with that contract Talib. He got tea-bagged the whole game..

blockade1

Rookie

#18 : September 16, 2012, 04:40:33 PM

Bottom line. Without a decent pass rush (which they clearly didn't have today), you cannot leave your CB's on a island like that. They will get picked apart every time. Unless the d-line decides to ever show up again, they need to throw some cover 2 into their scheme or it will be the same deal all season long.
+ 1

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 16, 2012, 04:41:08 PM

Hakeem Nicks' Bitcch better keep his head down this week in practice.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 16, 2012, 04:43:01 PM

I put this loss not on just Talib. He had a bad game yes, but I put more of this game on the D-line, the D-coordinator, and the conservative play calling in the 2nd half on offense. Manning threw 51 times and the Bucs were constantly in press/bump and run coverage and blitzed and we didn't sack Manning once!!! If the D-line isn't sniffing Manning and you have the lead, just play zone and make them dink and dunk their way. It takes more time and you don't give up the big play.

Then on offense, we just kept running the ball on 1st and 2nd down and throwing on 3rd. We got super conservative. Also, I love Martin, but no Blount? I understand you worry about fumbles, but late in the game when they are tired...it can't hurt to bring in Blount for a few plays and let him pound on them. With that said, Blount isn't why we lost. I am more pissed at the play calling in the 3rd quarter and early 4th quarter on offense.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

ufcguy32

Starter

#21 : September 16, 2012, 04:47:45 PM

no freaking safety help all game....their is no excuse for the lack of adjustment BILL! what the hell are u watching. are dam corners got abused all **CENSORED**ing game. and you left him out on a island again and again...why so we can **CENSORED**ing lose. god dammit. u **CENSORED**ing idiot

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 16, 2012, 04:48:20 PM

The problem is our DBs are horrible in zone based on what we've seen so far.  And let's not sugarcoat it, Talib's game was pretty epically bad.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 16, 2012, 04:52:21 PM

The problem is our DBs are horrible in zone based on what we've seen so far.  And let's not sugarcoat it, Talib's game was pretty epically bad.

What have they show in man coverage? Your post baffles me. You say they havent been good in zone, yet gave up 500yds passing playing mostly man.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#24 : September 16, 2012, 04:52:34 PM

Schiano!!! WHY YOU NOE STOP BLITZING SAFETY WHEN AQUIB IS GETTING BURNED?

Ms Elam

Starter

#25 : September 16, 2012, 04:52:37 PM

Hello everyone, first time poster. Now back to business. Cut qibo. Josh Freeman worked to hard for him to ruin the day. He made josh look bad so he gots ta go.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 16, 2012, 04:52:55 PM

Our dc was the worst in giants history.   Well he's making history here now.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 16, 2012, 04:53:21 PM

Talib was bad, but it's more on the defensive coordinator.

There was no pressure, yet they kept blitzing and leaving Talib on an island. What were they expecting?

Barron, Barber, and Black actually didn't have that great of games either when you break down plays more. They were very slow to react on a lot of plays.

Talib definitely needs to play better. Nicks isn't the only good WR he's going to face this year.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#28 : September 16, 2012, 04:53:53 PM

Yea thats what you do cut your best cb maybe your best overall defender after he has a bad game against arguably a top 5-10 receiver.Smart. Dumbass.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 16, 2012, 04:53:54 PM

This is getting beyond redicolous. It's 1 game against the super bowl champs.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poor Play by Aqib Talib « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools