Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poor Play by Aqib Talib « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ingey1968

Starter

#30 : September 16, 2012, 04:56:37 PM

+1  I am not the most positive guy in the forums as it pertains to the current roster but even i think its bordering on insanity. Its like they look at the final score without watching and throw darts at there little troll board and whomever it lands on, they blame for the loss

This is getting beyond redicolous. It's 1 game against the super bowl champs.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 16, 2012, 04:57:53 PM

The problem is our DBs are horrible in zone based on what we've seen so far.  And let's not sugarcoat it, Talib's game was pretty epically bad.

What have they show in man coverage? Your post baffles me. You say they havent been good in zone, yet gave up 500yds passing playing mostly man.
[/quote

They are much, much better in man than zone.  That might not be saying much.  I will say the DC and HC take a lot of the heat for not changing things up, though.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 16, 2012, 05:00:40 PM

No pass rush =naked db's. If I were Talib, Wright, McDonald, Barber & Barron, I'd be pissed at my boy Gerald. Eli is a two time Super Bowl MVP and has been at this a long time. Our picks came when he was off balance. Obviously, McCoy, Beennett & Clayborn need help (depth). As much as we feared that Dotson & Larsen would get owned by the Giants rushers, it was our dline guys who could not sustain a consistent rush. Eli looked like a surgeon out there. But that said, it sure was a WHOLE lot better than last year. The 2012 edition of the Bucs biggest probleem is DEPTH. The first 25 guys are good, it's the other 28 that will be the issue. 8-8, no playoffs. Draft a stud pass rusher number one, a shut down corner numner 2, another d line rusher with the third, then draaft for depth, Bowers comes back and we are a playoff team, 10-6 next year.
: September 16, 2012, 05:03:45 PM Rusty

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 16, 2012, 05:00:50 PM

The problem is our DBs are horrible in zone based on what we've seen so far.  And let's not sugarcoat it, Talib's game was pretty epically bad.

What have they show in man coverage? Your post baffles me. You say they havent been good in zone, yet gave up 500yds passing playing mostly man.

They are much, much better in man than zone.  That might not be saying much.  I will say the DC and HC take a lot of the heat for not changing things up, though.

hahhahaha, yeah ok, when was the last time they gave up 500yds passing in zone?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

beach4_life

Second String

#34 : September 16, 2012, 05:02:46 PM

Man shut up Talib will be fine, we need him this season and everyone knows it. He's a baller on most days.

You are right he will be all good but man what about double coverage

Ms Elam

Starter

#35 : September 16, 2012, 05:03:18 PM

Yea thats what you do cut your best cb maybe your best overall defender after he has a bad game against arguably a top 5-10 receiver.Smart. Dumbass.
Best defender? Gerald McCoy, Adrian Clayborn, Mark Barron, LeVonte David, Mason foster, Eric then Talib. Oh yea and ronde to hr ain't no where near our best defender.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#36 : September 16, 2012, 05:09:24 PM

Yea thats what you do cut your best cb maybe your best overall defender after he has a bad game against arguably a top 5-10 receiver.Smart. Dumbass.
Best defender? Gerald McCoy, Adrian Clayborn, Mark Barron, LeVonte David, Mason foster, Eric then Talib. Oh yea and ronde to hr ain't no where near our best defender.

Oook and what did Gmac, Clay and Eric Wright do for us today? IN fact eric wright was getting abused by freaking cruz all game long. Cmon now.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 16, 2012, 05:10:37 PM

Why did we play man to man bump and run coverage all day against those beastly WR's ? Especially in the 4th Quarter ?

What a piss poor game plan.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 16, 2012, 05:11:44 PM

He did get owned by Nicks but Nicks can do that to anybody. I wouldn't cut him but he did have a bad day today.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 16, 2012, 05:13:17 PM

If Talib is this team's best defender, this defense is in for a long season.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 16, 2012, 05:14:27 PM

I think the problem with Talib is since he has been in the league he's been asked to do more cover and zone defense and Schiano's likes his corners to do a lot of man and likes them to be physical. I just don't think he is use to it and it's something that he may get better as the year goes on. He did get embarrassed but that should only make him work harder and hopefully our coaches work with him on the problems instead of giving up on him.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 16, 2012, 05:15:50 PM

He did get owned by Nicks but Nicks can do that to anybody. I wouldn't cut him but he did have a bad day today.

Nicks put up about 5x as many yards against Talib today than he did against a rookie last week. 

12-4Bucs

Second String

#42 : September 16, 2012, 05:17:06 PM

yeah cut  our best corner... we lost a game on road against champs...  1-1 go bucs  play better against cowboys...beat em

Coburn1

Starter

#43 : September 16, 2012, 05:18:37 PM

Definitely having to face reality from the last couple of years that Talib just isn't a top corner. Top corners don't give up that many yards in ANY game. He has looked worse every year for the past 2-3 seasons. My take on it is that he's pretty decent covering short-mid and will often be in the right place around the ball, but is either lacking speed or instincts to cover deep routes and gets beat badly without safety help. Not the kind of guy that will just lock down his side.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 16, 2012, 05:18:59 PM

Eric Wright and everyone involved in the pass rush got raped just as bad as Talib...So do we cut them as well??

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poor Play by Aqib Talib « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools