Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poor Play by Aqib Talib « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#75 : September 17, 2012, 09:34:56 AM

He did get owned by Nicks but Nicks can do that to anybody. I wouldn't cut him but he did have a bad day today.

Nicks put up about 5x as many yards against Talib today than he did against a rookie last week.

I guess you missed the fact that Dallas can put pressure on the QB with their front 7 without having to blitz.  That helps free up Safety's and LBs to play bracket coverage and help out their rookie CB a bit.

If Claiborne was in our defense today, he is getting burned just like Talib and others did.  Not many corners in the league can cover a WR like Nicks 1v1 on an island the entire day.  Its really that simple.

Hit it right on the head.

Poor defensive strategy cost the Bucs dearly.

All Bucs opponents should line up and throw it deep...expect plenty of shots from Romo this coming weekend....Sheridan & the DBs better be ready.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#76 : September 17, 2012, 09:53:19 AM

Worst performance I have ever seen in a long time. Like DAMN, can you do ONE thing right? You can't stop the slant and you can't run with him deep. He was hopeless today. Drafting a CB is high priority until we get some consistent defensive linemen.
Shame Lewis turned out as useless as he did. If Talib does as bad as this the rest of the season, he can forget a contact extension. I guess it's as good a time as ever to go 1-2-3 on CBs.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#77 : September 17, 2012, 09:58:10 AM

It's football 101 - if you blitz a Pro Bowl QB and still don't get to him, you're most likely going to get torched.  There are maybe 3 Corners in this league who can handle being on that type of island.

We need Talib to play better, but those other guys in blue are pretty friggin good as well.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#78 : September 17, 2012, 10:15:50 AM

They're pretty darned good, true.  And I wouldn't expect a cornerback to shut them down.  But there's "not shutting them down" and getting flat out abused.  The game Steve Smith had in week 1 was a reasonable "good players are going to get theirs" sort of thing.  What Nicks and Cruz did in week 2 was not.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#79 : September 17, 2012, 12:23:30 PM

They're pretty darned good, true.  And I wouldn't expect a cornerback to shut them down.  But there's "not shutting them down" and getting flat out abused.  The game Steve Smith had in week 1 was a reasonable "good players are going to get theirs" sort of thing.  What Nicks and Cruz did in week 2 was not.

EXACTLY.

Nicks made Talib look like an absolute scrub. I never expected to see that. 10 catches for 200 yards?! It almost seemed worse than that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#80 : September 17, 2012, 12:48:36 PM

What makes it even more maddening...is that Nicks got up hobbling after almost every catch, it seemed. Dude with a broken bone in his foot just worked over Talib....if Talib were a woman..he would be having a little Nicks baby in 9 or so months.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#81 : September 17, 2012, 12:52:54 PM

What makes it even more maddening...is that Nicks got up hobbling after almost every catch, it seemed. Dude with a broken bone in his foot just worked over Talib....if Talib were a woman..he would be having a little Nicks baby in 9 or so months.

Talib had to be injured as well during the game..

I'm not saying he is a baller but Talib has never gotten worked so consistently over a game then he did Sunday

This guy...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#82 : September 17, 2012, 12:56:27 PM

Talib had to be injured as well during the game..

I'm not saying he is a baller but Talib has never gotten worked so consistently over a game then he did Sunday

No one has ever gone after him like that either....well other than the season opener last year. I fully expect Romo and the Cows to go right at these CBs...and they should.

#exposed

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#83 : September 17, 2012, 12:58:31 PM

Cant wait for the next game. Hope our guys step up big and take away the deep ball again.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#84 : September 17, 2012, 02:08:14 PM

This isn't a one game thing for Talib. He's been getting lit up since the first qtr of his first game.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#85 : September 17, 2012, 02:51:09 PM

maybe well have a a couple Ss over the top this week? Is that asking too much?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#86 : September 17, 2012, 04:33:59 PM

This isn't a one game thing for Talib. He's been getting lit up since the first qtr of his first game.

I wouldn't quite call this accurate - I think Talib is just like most of the other top players on this team - When he's good, he's extremely good, but when he's bad, he's extremely bad.  He's showed the talent to be a top notch corner, but not if he isn't consistent about it. 

Hopefully with Schiano, we'll instill fundamentals where some of these guys like Freeman, Talib, McCoy, and Claiborne to name a few consistently show up to the office.  As of right now though, they're all still so young.  I also don't think it helped that they've all had a few years in a system that didn't really look to develop their talent.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#87 : September 17, 2012, 04:41:40 PM

I wouldn't quite call this accurate - I think Talib is just like most of the other top players on this team - When he's good, he's extremely good, but when he's bad, he's extremely bad.  He's showed the talent to be a top notch corner, but not if he isn't consistent about it. 

Hopefully with Schiano, we'll instill fundamentals where some of these guys like Freeman, Talib, McCoy, and Claiborne to name a few consistently show up to the office.  As of right now though, they're all still so young.  I also don't think it helped that they've all had a few years in a system that didn't really look to develop their talent.

Claiborne plays for the Cowboys. Clayborn plays for the Bucs. just sayin.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poor Play by Aqib Talib « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools