Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: not using blount is baffling to me « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#15 : September 16, 2012, 10:27:33 PM

Yeah, he has nothing on Blount. Except catching, blocking, not fumbling, understanding the playbook and being consistent. Other than that, he has nothing on Blount.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 16, 2012, 10:28:38 PM

At least Blount has highlights. All I ever see Martin do is get tripped up by the grass piled up on by defenders.

i know for a fact that schiano has seen those highlights.  so why isnt he playing blount more?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucD

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 16, 2012, 10:29:05 PM

When Blount hits the holes like he should...yes...he's good...

Problem is he's not consistent.  Too many times he gets caught dancing or shuffling his feet behind the line.

Pass protection needs a lot of improvement too.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 16, 2012, 10:29:17 PM

I like Martin, but when you have a guy like LeGerratte Blount on your team, you can't have Doug Martin being a workhorse back. Martin and Blount should be splitting carries because I think they'd complement each other well and wear down the defense more.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 16, 2012, 10:30:28 PM

Your opinion is terrible.  My guess is that you think we should have kept Winslow as well? We would have won this game with Winslow.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 16, 2012, 10:33:22 PM

Your opinion is terrible.  My guess is that you think we should have kept Winslow as well? We would have won this game with Winslow.
Not sure how you came up with the assumption that I would take "**CENSORED**ing Soldier" over Dallas Clark, but whatever floats your boat.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 16, 2012, 10:33:29 PM

why is it an either or thing with you guys?  some insist LGB should be the guy and are overly critical of Martin, others love Martin to the extent that they want to cut LGB.  There is room for both.  In fact, unless we want Martin to get hurt we're going to need LGB to take some of Martin's carries.    His current workload isn't sustainable.   

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#22 : September 16, 2012, 10:35:41 PM

2010 at Altanta. 13 carries, 46 yards
2010 at Baltimore. 13 carries, 55 yards
2010 at New Orleans. 19 carries, 66 yards
2011 at San Francisco. 10 carries, 34 yards
2011 vs Houston. 10 carries, 34 yards
2011 vs Dallas. 9 carries, 21 yards
2011 at Atlanta. 6 carries, 12 yards

Blount has had some "dud" games too. He just isn't as reliable as Martin is. He can make plays in the open field, but he isn't consistent enough. His vision is poor and he doesn't do ANYTHING for your offense if he isn't in open space making fools out of DBs way smaller than him. I agree he should be involved with the offense, but some people here really need to stop acting like he is some superstud or something. He is a one dimensional player, and will probably be out of the league within 5 years.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 16, 2012, 10:36:04 PM

why is it an either or thing with you guys?  some insist LGB should be the guy and are overly critical of Martin, others love Martin to the extent that they want to cut LGB.  There is room for both.  In fact, unless we want Martin to get hurt we're going to need LGB to take some of Martin's carries.    His current workload isn't sustainable.
The problem is that Schiano is forcing the offense completely backwards.

Blount should be the back running in between the guards, breaking tackles and running people over, not Martin. Martin should be running outside and off the tackles, taking tosses and counters instead of smashing straight into the mouths of DL that are a foot taller and weigh twice as much.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#24 : September 16, 2012, 10:39:12 PM

Blount should be the back running in between the guards, breaking tackles and running people over, not Martin. Martin should be running outside and off the tackles, taking tosses and counters instead of smashing straight into the mouths of DL that are a foot taller and weigh twice as much.

Blount is awful in between the tackles. I don't know people continue to make this assumption. His vision is bad and he dances behind the LOS too much. Blount is at his best in the open field, going against guys who will struggle to tackle him at his size. He isn't a in between the tackles, workhorse guy. He is a home run hitter. That should be his role. 7-10 carries in hopes he can hit a big play. Martin should get 12-15 carries with Ware maybe a few. This current way won't work because we'll run Martin into the ground. Use them all.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 16, 2012, 10:40:20 PM

When LGB was in the game Freeman got sacked, that's what I remember about Blount being in the game today.  There is a reason he isn't playing. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 16, 2012, 10:42:24 PM

When LGB was in the game Freeman got sacked, that's what I remember about Blount being in the game today.  There is a reason he isn't playing.
Are you sure it's not the fact Freeman takes 15 minutes to throw the ball, that caused said sack?

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 16, 2012, 10:42:51 PM

Blount is awful in between the tackles. I don't know people continue to make this assumption. His vision is bad and he dances behind the LOS too much. Blount is at his best in the open field, going against guys who will struggle to tackle him at his size. He isn't a in between the tackles, workhorse guy. He is a home run hitter. That should be his role. 7-10 carries in hopes he can hit a big play. Martin should get 12-15 carries with Ware maybe a few. This current way won't work because we'll run Martin into the ground. Use them all.
So neither of them should be running between the tackles. That has more to do with the Oline than the RB's.

I'm not saying one guy needs to be THE guy... I'm saying Blount needs to get some carries. To waste a talent like his is just ridiculous. Get your playmakers the ball. Blount has done nothing but make plays since being here.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#28 : September 16, 2012, 10:44:58 PM

So neither of them should be running between the tackles. That has more to do with the Oline than the RB's.

I'm not saying one guy needs to be THE guy... I'm saying Blount needs to get some carries. To waste a talent like his is just ridiculous. Get your playmakers the ball. Blount has done nothing but make plays since being here.

I agree, get them both the ball. I'm just tired of hearing this "Blount is a in between the tackle" runner when it just isn't true. He struggles with it. Sure, our OL doesn't help, but he is at his best in the open field. If anything, we should be trying to set up screens for him to see if we can get him in the open field against DBs. The problem is this team just doesn't understand how to properly run a screen play...

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 16, 2012, 10:49:47 PM

Yeah, he has nothing on Blount. Except catching, blocking, not fumbling, understanding the playbook and being consistent. Other than that, he has nothing on Blount.

So basically better at Blount at everything except running the football, the main purpose of a RB?

Why did we waste a 1st rounder on a guy who can't even hit 4ypc?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: not using blount is baffling to me « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools