Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: not using blount is baffling to me « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 16, 2012, 10:49:50 PM

why is it an either or thing with you guys?  some insist LGB should be the guy and are overly critical of Martin, others love Martin to the extent that they want to cut LGB.  There is room for both.  In fact, unless we want Martin to get hurt we're going to need LGB to take some of Martin's carries.    His current workload isn't sustainable.
The problem is that Schiano is forcing the offense completely backwards.

Blount should be the back running in between the guards, breaking tackles and running people over, not Martin. Martin should be running outside and off the tackles, taking tosses and counters instead of smashing straight into the mouths of DL that are a foot taller and weigh twice as much.

Blount is awful in between the tackles. I don't know people continue to make this assumption. His vision is bad and he dances behind the LOS too much. Blount is at his best in the open field, going against guys who will struggle to tackle him at his size. He isn't a in between the tackles, workhorse guy. He is a home run hitter. That should be his role. 7-10 carries in hopes he can hit a big play. Martin should get 12-15 carries with Ware maybe a few. This current way won't work because we'll run Martin into the ground. Use them all.
Good post.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 16, 2012, 10:50:03 PM

Yeah, but Schiano has a woodie over RippedRodent22  'cause he reminds him of Ray Rice, who went to Rutgers...

Freeman2WilliamsTD

Rookie

#32 : September 16, 2012, 10:51:26 PM

Hard to run effectively when no one is scared of the right side of your offensive line.

Just shade the line torwards Nicks and Penn and dare TB to run right.  Easy to stop the TB run game with minimal game planning.  Davin injury cost this team big time.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 16, 2012, 10:55:29 PM

Pretty amazing that Blount never entered the game today.......Why not mix it up? I say Schiano hates the dude and is working a trade. This old school Schiano gimmick makes me skeptical.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 16, 2012, 10:55:43 PM

Yeah, but Schiano has a woodie over RippedRodent22  'cause he reminds him of Ray Rice, who went to Rutgers...
how awful of you.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#35 : September 16, 2012, 10:56:52 PM

Yeah, he has nothing on Blount. Except catching, blocking, not fumbling, understanding the playbook and being consistent. Other than that, he has nothing on Blount.

So basically better at Blount at everything except running the football, the main purpose of a RB?

Why did we waste a 1st rounder on a guy who can't even hit 4ypc?

Considering Martin has played a whopping 2 career games, I don't see how we can make assumptions on ypc. I also never said Blount is better running the ball, he might be better the occasional big play, but he just isn't a consistent back. There is a reason why he didn't get the ball much at the end of the season last year and so far this year, his presence on the field makes us predictable on offense. If he isn't making fools out of DBs, he isn't going to do much for your offense.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 16, 2012, 10:59:13 PM

how awful of you.

I loved his quote......

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 16, 2012, 11:00:35 PM

He'll have a great game and everyone will love him. The Giants D is pretty good. Settle down. We're two games into his career. Zero patience on this board.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 16, 2012, 11:01:24 PM

I would have liked to see Blount run against this D line as well. Wonder whats going on with him. If hes hurt or is in Schianos doghouse.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 16, 2012, 11:04:06 PM

I would have liked to see Blount run against this D line as well. Wonder whats going on with him. If hes hurt or is in Schianos doghouse.

if he's hurt i think he would have been inactive.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 16, 2012, 11:08:23 PM

This crap goes back to TC, when Schiano and Blount had a stare down....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 16, 2012, 11:30:45 PM

that this guy is such a hot head he cant just move past the issue and let him play.

what issue?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 16, 2012, 11:45:52 PM

the "**CENSORED**head" issue.

toes on the line

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 17, 2012, 01:37:11 AM

I expect the poster the page before me to post something else stupid below....

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 17, 2012, 10:59:18 PM

Martin can't continue to be the main RB at 3.7 YPC...Carnell could do better than that with gimpy knees....I honestly don't think the rookie is ready yet to handle such a load IMO.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: not using blount is baffling to me « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools