Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Kneel Down Controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 28

bent09

Starter

#30 : September 16, 2012, 07:47:48 PM

Wow, in watching the replay it was awesome.  Roy Miller got the sack.  It is funny that all the giants are saying it was a cheap shot but watching the replay almost all of their offensive lineman are punching or elbowing our guys in the back.  More specifically McCoy was getting two hand punched in the back of the head.

If fines are delt out their line should definately get some as well.  Would not shock me if some were suspended it was so bad.

geetech84

Starter

#31 : September 16, 2012, 07:57:55 PM

I agree with Coach Dungy, it was cheap and bush league you don't that in the NFL

no it wasn't cheap..if you trying to win and you know they going to knee it. catch them off guard .you going to do what ever you can to cause that fumble..they didn't hit Eli...go look at the replay...they was trying to cause a fumble ..trying get Eli to miss handle the the snap..and it almost work.. you don't give up..you keep playing hard..till the clock hit's 00..

gillen033

Starter

#32 : September 16, 2012, 08:06:17 PM

If they were trying to injure players, then yes, it would be bush league. But I don't see what's wrong with trying to win the game . . .

They just weren't expecting it, so were taken aback a little bit. Boo hoo.

bent09

Starter

#33 : September 16, 2012, 08:21:18 PM

If he would of fumbled that ball and Wright scoops and scores what would the conversation be like?

Bush league is throwing hammer fist to the back of McCoy's helmet.

I also like the guys did what they were told, all of them.  This could be the start of something good.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 16, 2012, 08:25:15 PM

I like a good coaching feud.   But Schiano needs to try to get one of the NFC South head coaches pissed off.   More drama that way.
If he keeps the team getting after it on kneel downs to run the last few seconds off the clock he will piss off all the other coaches.  Happy no one got hurt - or we would never hear the end of it

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 16, 2012, 08:26:34 PM

If he would of fumbled that ball and Wright scoops and scores what would the conversation be like?

Bush league is throwing hammer fist to the back of McCoy's helmet.

I also like the guys did what they were told, all of them.  This could be the start of something good.
That would have been something else... but it didn't go that way.  I agree about the guys getting after it bc coach said.... now to get a few more good players...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#36 : September 16, 2012, 08:29:03 PM

Eli didn't even get hit, the clumsy f*uck tripped.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 16, 2012, 08:45:05 PM

+1

geetech84

Starter

#38 : September 16, 2012, 08:47:35 PM

+1

++1

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 16, 2012, 08:58:12 PM

As long as Schiano, the OL, the QB, and the fans don't have a problem with an opposing team doing the same to them - it shouldn't be an issue.

Personally I don't have a problem with it, but I can see how it would piss off the other team.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 16, 2012, 09:12:14 PM

When the ball is snapped, it's LIVE football until the whistle blows. Nothing at all wrong with trying to cause a fumble in that situation. Much ado about nothing. Kinda like Sapp nailing that Packer OT after a turnover a few years ago and their coach got in Sapp's face afterward. It's FOOTBALL; gotta protect yourself during live action!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 16, 2012, 09:19:10 PM

Didn't like the last hit on Manning

It was the only hit Manning took all day. He should have been thanking Schiano.

+1

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#42 : September 16, 2012, 09:22:06 PM

I like a good coaching feud.   But Schiano needs to try to get one of the NFC South head coaches pissed off.   More drama that way.
If he keeps the team getting after it on kneel downs to run the last few seconds off the clock he will piss off all the other coaches.  Happy no one got hurt - or we would never hear the end of it

I think had this been game 1 and the Panthers game 2, Josh Freeman could have expected a shot or two on those kneel downs at the end of the game.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#43 : September 16, 2012, 09:38:19 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1380829/elihit.gif

Eli did not get touched.

Landshark

Second String
#44 : September 16, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

I really don't understand Coughlin's problem.  He's an old school style coach that I thought would respect a team that plays till the final whistle.  Not surprisingly, once that style doesn't match what he likes, he is against it.  Honestly, he can go F*CK himself. He tried to turn this into a "the other coach is a college football guy and doesn't know how things in the NFL work" thing when it's cleaAly a your offensive line didn't think they needed to try anymore thing.  Last time I checked, Tom, you were also an ex-college coach so you should understand how things go.  Next time put your tampon in at the half.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 28
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Kneel Down Controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools