Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so Jesus did have a wife « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 20, 2012, 12:37:54 PM

Maybe if I watched a couple of those 3 hour YouTube videos.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : September 20, 2012, 12:44:56 PM

See what I mean? It takes hundreds, nay, thousands of hours of YouTube videos to obtain true knowledge. I just don't think you're cut out to be Yahweh's only confidante.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 20, 2012, 12:49:32 PM

I just don't understand why God has to be so unfair.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 20, 2012, 01:10:07 PM

He works in mysterious ways. Fair is not mysterious at all.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 20, 2012, 02:39:45 PM

If I was God I wouldn't be so mysterious. Some people might think I was hiding something.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 20, 2012, 03:55:50 PM

From a Christian perspective, I've never understood why it was a big deal if Jesus was married.
=====================================================================================
without a doubt you cannot be Christian.
I am interested to hear your take on this issue.  Do you acknowledge that the Council of Nicea cherrypicked what they wanted to be the cannons of Christianity?  Do you acknowledge the significant of the gnostic writings?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 20, 2012, 04:14:09 PM

Chose the inclusions they did because they were inspired by God to do so, gnostic gospels therefore invalid, only I can see the one truth, etc., etc.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 20, 2012, 05:47:49 PM

I am a christian, and I think OneTruth has a lot of growing up to do.

Just sayin'

As for this discovery, That's always  going to be one of those issues people will debate on, so why does it matter?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 20, 2012, 08:02:04 PM

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

blountforcetrauma

Rookie

#24 : September 21, 2012, 08:09:15 AM

According to the Word, Jesus walked the earth and lived as a man doing everything but sin. If he lived as a hebrew man , he'd marry as was custom when he was of age. No big deal. it changes nothing in regard to his word or teachings, neither does it change anything regarding love and sacrifice for us.
The only thing that DOES change is man's ignorant desire to twist this in some BS false prophet out there to declare him (or herself) the new messiah and say they are decended from His bloodline.

Coburn1

Starter

#25 : September 21, 2012, 03:48:18 PM

I find it very unlikely Jesus would have ever married. Most obvious reason he wouldn't is because his purpose was to die for everyone at a fairly young age. It simply wouldn't be wise and he would knowingly be leaving a widow. It just simply didn't fit his purpose at all. Not just being a nomad and dying, but it would have been a distraction to his ministry. His time was always so divided by people with needs, it states many times that any downtime he had was spent in solitude and prayer, he was alone when he sent the disciples across the lake. This is pretty convincing to me also when he was on the cross he told John to take care of Mary (his mother). That she was his mother and he was her son. No mention of a wife.

PS: Of course they had to pick and chose some passages to create the Bible. You don't think there are people writing bogus material that contradicts what many other writings agree on? Look at how much garbage information you can
find on the internet today... I actually know some people who have gone through an exercise of comparing bible books with discarded material. Some of it is actually pretty obvious. I have been told some of the heretical writings are so terrible
you can hardly even read them. It's pretty easy when you have so many authors that say almost the exact same thing and someone else is completely different. Doesn't mean all the books were heretical, but there are others that while they don't
contradict any of the other writings their focus is just a little different and not as essential to what Christians believe in.
: September 21, 2012, 03:50:04 PM Coburn1

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#26 : September 26, 2012, 12:37:52 AM

No way he was married .... he wouldn't have bothered to resurrect himself if he was.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 26, 2012, 01:29:14 AM

Go to the 44:30 second mark of this video:

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 26, 2012, 09:19:00 AM

No way he was married .... he wouldn't have bothered to resurrect himself if he was.

You'll notice He didn't hang around too long, though.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 26, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

Jesus first appearance was to Mary Magdalene.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so Jesus did have a wife « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools