Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo! Sports Writer, Michael Silver, Rips Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#150 : September 24, 2012, 08:18:06 PM

Allow me to clear this up for you....the Bucs were 3-15 on third downs. Their running game was anemic. The passing game was extinct. Penalties galore. Dallas had a ton of injuries but the whole offense was out of sync and couldn't put together one long time consuming drive. If you want to pretend that the coaching had this team prepared and it was all on the players...then fine...go right ahead.

I'm not seeing these "many" 3rd and short situations. 6 out of the 15 were for 5 yards or less.

you are right.  i had looked earlier and looked at it from a fans point of view that we didnt pass enough.  all our 3rd and longs came from an ineffective passing game.  all our 3rd and shorts came from an ineffective rushing game.  my fault. 

from what i can see when we tried to pass, we left ourselves in 3rd and longs.  when we ran, it was boring, but we left ourselves in 3rd and shorts, which we still didnt convert.

2nd drive - 1st play deep pass incomplete.
3rd drive - sack
4th drive - 3rd and 3.
5th drive - 3rd and 5 before penalty.
6th drive - passes on 2nd and 3rd down.
7th drive - 3rd and 6.
8th drive - 3 passes and a punt.
9th drive - passes on 2nd and 3rd.
10th drive - 3rd and 4.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#151 : October 01, 2013, 09:04:11 AM

bump

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#152 : October 01, 2013, 11:32:53 AM

It's funny, Feel Real Good. I was thinking about this article the other day. When it first came out I dismissed it as sour grapes on somebody's part.

Today, knowing what I know, seeing what I've seen, and hearing what I've heard. I believe every word of it, unfortunately.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#153 : October 01, 2013, 11:53:48 AM

It's funny, Feel Real Good. I was thinking about this article the other day. When it first came out I dismissed it as sour grapes on somebody's part.

Today, knowing what I know, seeing what I've seen, and hearing what I've heard. I believe every word of it, unfortunately.
I had the exact same reaction. For the sake of this team, I sincerely hope Schiano is sent packing very soon and replaced with someone with actual NFL coaching experience.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#154 : October 01, 2013, 12:39:39 PM

I had the exact same reaction. For the sake of this team, I sincerely hope Schiano is sent packing very soon and replaced with someone with actual NFL coaching experience.

Unfortunately, it's all true. Schiano is seen as a bully, but more than that, he cannot finish games.

I'm thinking the games we did win last season were because of "ultra-freeman," and the players around him. NOT schiano, or his staff. They won those games in spite of him.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hit-55

Starter

#155 : October 01, 2013, 01:01:40 PM

Has anyone else noticed that since he has benched Freeman, he has not mentioned him by name not 1 time. He has addressed him as "the player" or just in general. Name another coach who won't address a player by name if it is something that is purely about production. This is personal from Schiano to Freeman. He won't even mention his name!!  I'm not a Freeman homer, and I think he has under achieved big time. But I don't think Schiano has done anything to help him at all.

To me Schiano needs to go NOW, but how many of the coaching staff would have to go since they are what I call "Schianoites". They are probably more loyal to him than they are the Bucs. He's there ticket to the NFL. Not sure we can fire the whole staff in season.

Fire the cannons!!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#156 : October 01, 2013, 02:58:14 PM

Waaaaah !

He won't say his name.

Waaaaaaaaaaah!!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hit-55

Starter

#157 : October 01, 2013, 10:20:21 PM

It's called respect. Not sure you know what that is. My point is, if he would do that to what was supposed to be the face of the franchise what makes any of the other players think he wouldn't do them the same way.

Fire the cannons!!!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#158 : October 01, 2013, 10:24:37 PM

Silver is just jealous because he makes $12.50 an hour for that crap.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#159 : October 01, 2013, 10:33:25 PM

Silver is just jealous because he makes $12.50 an hour for that crap.

Yup, the house isn't on fire.  Don't worry about.  It will all blow over.  Everyone else is wrong.  Schiano is a GREAT coach so far in the NFL.  His tenure has been uneventful.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#160 : December 31, 2013, 08:45:39 PM

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn't win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn't adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we're going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Ahem..

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

TomRiddle

Starter

#161 : December 31, 2013, 08:50:56 PM

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn't win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn't adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we're going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Ahem..
LMAO, well played.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#162 : December 31, 2013, 09:11:36 PM

You actually quoted yourself in a post where you stated, "Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude?"

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back, or you may need some of Josh's drugs to help ease the pain. That's if he's not late delivering them to you.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

gone

Hall of Famer
#163 : December 31, 2013, 09:14:53 PM

Holy Retarded Self-Bump Batman!

First time ever saw someone deliberately bump a thread that makes himself look like  a drooling idiot

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#164 : December 31, 2013, 09:17:36 PM

Bobby Bowden was notoriously friendly with NFL scouts and did everything he could to promote his players' professional potential. The article referenced how gracious Nick Saban is, too.

LOL!

Bowden gives them homemade baked goodies baked by his wife and freshly squeezed lemon-aid and tells them old football stories while telling them how much BETTER his current players are.

Schiano gives them a dark room with a leaky tap and a snack machine and fluoridated tap water to drink and tells them to "wait here until you are called"...........which could be hours.

LO freaking L to that.

One thing is sure, Schiano is getting players ready for the NFL pretty damn well, he just doesn't win a lot of games doing it. Lifetime college guy if you ask me.

Good riddance To you Greg Schiano, and good luck. Go back to college and get some players ready.

: December 31, 2013, 09:22:59 PM GoldsonAges

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo! Sports Writer, Michael Silver, Rips Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools