Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo! Sports Writer, Michael Silver, Rips Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#60 : September 21, 2012, 09:17:01 PM

I love how we waited till the last play to actually play defense.  Nice coaching.

If we didn't have 3 INT's in the 1st half , including a pick 6 , this might actually be a clever comment. As it stands now you're a moron.
Yeah b/c Schiano and co haven't been badly outcoached in both second halves.

Some of you were so poisoned by raheem you think "competitive" somehow equals good.

It is really rather disturbing.
plus one

It's not "good" but it's better than what was going on before. And it is a step in the right direction. People were predicting 6-10 to 8-8 and now we don't beat the defending Super Bowl champions and our season is down the tubes. Fixing a team with such bad technique and attitude isn't an overnight process.

No....I think giving up 600 yards to anyone is a problem...a major problem.  Playing hard but getting schematically destroyed amounts to the same...does it not?   Losing pretty is still worse than winning ugly.  All this "at least they're playing hard" crap is starting to bother me.  Like that's some kind of coaching of the year trait...its not.

This staff has a lot to prove.  Outside of getting the MEN to do their jobs....the coaching looks pretty shaky to me.  Jmho of course.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#61 : September 21, 2012, 09:21:43 PM

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn't win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn't adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we're going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#62 : September 21, 2012, 09:54:17 PM

Same can be said for every coach in the league. Win enough and you're great...everything else is just white noise and nobody cares about your flaws.

Lose too much and every negative will be exaggerated. You'll be demonized and cast out.

Problem is, many folks are already trying to demonize Schiano. Even some of our own "fans" Seems some are afraid to stand behind anything or anyone Buc related because they might look stupid down the road.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#63 : September 21, 2012, 09:57:35 PM

Planning ahead two years based on two games?

It wasn't "playing hard" it was playing competitively. Which they are some of the time, which is an improvement. I'd like to see more improvement. Whatever the reasons for our shortcomings, what I'm looking for is consistent long term improvement. I wasn't expecting instant champion. Demanding miracles is kind of pointless.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#64 : September 21, 2012, 10:00:15 PM

It wasn't "playing hard" it was playing competitively. Which they are some of the time, which is an improvement. I'd like to see more improvement. Whatever the reasons for our shortcomings, what I'm looking for is consistent long term improvement. I wasn't expecting instant champion. Demanding miracles is kind of pointless.

People are expecting instant success and that hardly ever happens. And then again, we are two games in, so who knows where we will end up. We are on the right path and that is fielding a competitive football team.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#65 : September 21, 2012, 10:00:42 PM

Holy shlt.... a football post!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#66 : September 21, 2012, 10:02:51 PM

Schiano is legit and the Bucs are on their way up. All this nonsense is just an attempt to knock us back down. Not gonna happen. Nobody puts the Bucs in a corner!  ;D

We are now the bully instead of the bullied.
: September 21, 2012, 10:04:55 PM JDouble

Hate

Hall of Famer
#67 : September 21, 2012, 10:13:33 PM

Schiano is legit and the Bucs are on their way up. All this nonsense is just an attempt to knock us back down. Not gonna happen. Nobody puts the Bucs in a corner!  ;D

We are now the bully instead of the bullied.

We need a lil swag, a lil attitude. And until we have the player that brings it on the field, guess we'll have to get it from our coach!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#68 : September 21, 2012, 10:16:08 PM

Holy shlt.... a football post!!

Right??

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#69 : September 21, 2012, 10:37:39 PM

I just think that if you don't have the x's and o's to win a big east title then you probably don't have them to win in the nfl.

someone say tom coughlin?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#70 : September 21, 2012, 10:41:40 PM

I just think that if you don't have the x's and o's to win a big east title then you probably don't have them to win in the nfl.

someone say tom coughlin?

+1

lol

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#71 : September 21, 2012, 10:46:24 PM

Coughlin was embarrassed, He prides himself on preparation and he got surprised. It had nothing to do with the Bucs being dirty or not; it was a copout. And he got away with it because of who he is.

In Verner We Trust

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#72 : September 22, 2012, 12:07:25 AM

I get asked about what I feel about what S did...and I say...get over it.

Who really gives a crap?  Play ball.

We lost a hard fought, absolutely gut wrenching game.  It took a lot out of me, but everyone I dealt with still loves me.  And most of them are Gmen fans.

They were more embarrased the next day that they didn't wash the Bucs out...in their home.

What S did was great, at the end.  The problem was, it shouldn't have come down to that.  The lack of in game adjustments on defense was alarmingly bad on his part.  He runs the ship, and he failed to stem the flow of water in the sinking vessel.  He blew it.

How he failed to see it, when I of all people was screaming "WTF ARE YOU DOING!?!?!" play after play after play after play in qtr4 was just mind bogglingly stupid on S's part.

We can cry in defense all we want, and so can Coughlin.  But Tom won, S lost, and the BUcs we severely outcoached when it counted...in the 4th qtr with a nice lead.  Tragic.

S has to learn, and he needs to learn to make in game adjustments, QUICKLY.  Not sit back idly after the fact.

All these damning reports about his character mean nothing to me.  Coughlin is a dink to...the whole when I say fifteen minutes early, what I really mean is twenty minutes early nonsense...who cares?

Just win baby.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#73 : September 22, 2012, 12:11:46 AM

Coughlin is old....and senile...and has bad breath...and doesn't get a Christmas card from Tiki Barber.

: September 22, 2012, 12:14:29 AM CyberDilemma

gone

Hall of Famer
#74 : September 22, 2012, 02:39:03 AM

The problem was, it shouldn't have come down to that.  The lack of in game adjustments on defense was alarmingly bad on his part.  He runs the ship, and he failed to stem the flow of water in the sinking vessel.  He blew it.

How he failed to see it, when I of all people was screaming "WTF ARE YOU DOING!?!?!" play after play after play after play in qtr4 was just mind bogglingly stupid on S's part.

We can cry in defense all we want, and so can Coughlin.  But Tom won, S lost, and the BUcs we severely outcoached when it counted...in the 4th qtr with a nice lead.  Tragic.

S has to learn, and he needs to learn to make in game adjustments, QUICKLY.  Not sit back idly after the fact.

Out of all this, that there is the scariest part.  A lot of us Poo-poohed the allegations of his failings at making in-game adjustments at Rutgers, and yet early on this is seeming like a big issue...

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo! Sports Writer, Michael Silver, Rips Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools