Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount is now an after thought in Mike Sullivan's offense.......Blount responds « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: September 22, 2012, 02:38:08 AM

Bucs Q&A: Why didn't Blount play against the Giants?

By TBO.COM | Staff
Published: September 21, 2012

Have a question about the Bucs? Tribune reporters Roy Cummings and Ira Kaufman will answer it. 

Q: I thought LeGarrette Blount would be used in the second half of games this season to protect the lead.  Tired defenses trying to tackle a fresh Blount will be a clock eater and a chain mover.  Was he not heathly at New York or was that just a poor coaching decision not to play him?

A: Although he is only two years removed from a 1,000-yard season, it appears Blount is now an after thought in Mike Sullivan's offense. He has three carries through two games, along with one reception. He is practicing every day, so health does not appear to be an issue.

~ Ira Kaufman, Tampa Tribune

SEPTEMBER 22, 2012

Will LeGarrette Blount finally get his chance? If so, he's ready

While starting running back Doug Martin is doing his thing on the field on Sunday, veteran backup LeGarrette Blount might be largely a spectator for the third straight game.

But if and when Blount is called upon, he vows to be ready to eagerly spring into action after just three carries in two games.

At the end of the day, if they tell me to go in, Im going to be ready, said, Blount, the Bucs leading rusher in each of the past two seasons.

I might not play as much, but I stand there and listen and do everything that everybody else does. My time will come. And Ill be ready.

Blount averaged 14.3 carries per game in 2010 and 2011, his first two seasons with the team. But the addition of Martin, seen as a more versatile and complete back, has reduced Blount to a complementary role.

Blount has come to terms with his reality.

Greg Schiano coaches by (doing) what he thinks is going to work at that time, and if he feels like its not my time to play or Im not able to help the team at that point, what happened these last couple of weeks is going to continue to happen.

The Bucs might have an opportunity to kickstart their running game on Sunday against a Cowboys defense that just yielded 182 rushing yards to the Seahawks a week ago.

In the meantime, Blounts lack of involvement in the past two games raises a question: How does he keep his head in the game? By enjoying the ride through his teammates who actually are on the field.

When Im watching guys like Mike Williams play, and hes scoring touchdowns, its great, Blount said. To be honest, hes my closest friend on the team. Im going to be into it and excited for him. I enjoy that.

Posted by Stephen Holder at 12:09:24 pm on September 22, 2012

: September 22, 2012, 02:22:26 PM michael89156

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 22, 2012, 02:42:20 AM

TRUE "Buccaneer Men" get 3.7 YPC and kiss the coach's ass.  LeGarette can take his 5 yard average and hit the road.  Martin can crawl it down the field for us.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : September 22, 2012, 02:44:59 AM

Martin is Schiano's boy (after Barron of course).    New coaches like for their first round picks to play.   

BigfootsDik

Second String

#3 : September 22, 2012, 09:43:45 AM

Has there been any news on if LGB is going to be used against the Cowboys?  I hope they do, I like the change of pace.  I just hope if they do use LGB, they use him correctly.  IMO he's best running left or right allowing him to gain some momentum.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 22, 2012, 10:07:59 AM

"It appears Blount is now an after thought in Mike Sullivan's offense "

...ummm , ya think ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : September 22, 2012, 10:10:44 AM

I don't think it's Sullivan.   I think Schiano doesn't believe Blount to be a Buccaneer man.   He just keeps him on the roster for insurance.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 22, 2012, 10:30:51 AM

TRUE "Buccaneer Men" get 3.0 YPC and kiss the coach's ass.

^^^
this

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 22, 2012, 10:39:05 AM

IMO, this is the biggest mistake Shiano has made since becoming the Bucs coach.  Well that and not making needed adjustments during the game, which includes not using LGB.

Ms Elam

Starter

#8 : September 22, 2012, 11:13:05 AM

I don't think it's Sullivan.   I think Schiano doesn't believe Blount to be a Buccaneer man.   He just keeps him on the roster for insurance.
Agree. Sullivan saw a two back system (with 2 similar backs) work for years in New York. Im sure he knows how to geet blount involved.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 22, 2012, 11:27:14 AM

Funny stuff in this thread.  It's a conspiracy for sure. :-)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 22, 2012, 12:03:38 PM

I love watching Blount run and I want to see him get involved in this offense, but if we aren't going to use him then trade him. Having him waste away on the sideline is stupid.

That said, I think he'll get a quite a few carries this week unless the Cowboys jump out to a big lead and we are playing catch up all day.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 22, 2012, 12:37:33 PM

Agreed with Jdub.

If we aren't going to use Blount, trade him. He is too talented to be sitting on the bench.

I don't think Martin is ready to be a workhouse back yet and we need Blount to get AT LEAST  5-10 touches every game if we want a good running game.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#12 : September 22, 2012, 12:47:33 PM

Agreed with Jdub.

If we aren't going to use Blount, trade him. He is too talented to be sitting on the bench.

I don't think Martin is ready to be a workhouse back yet and we need Blount to get AT LEAST  5-10 touches every game if we want a good running game.
What RGS said!

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 22, 2012, 01:13:47 PM

Schiano is an idiot.........thinks he's still at Rutgers.

thecandidate

Second String

#14 : September 22, 2012, 02:04:49 PM

agree 100% with that statement ...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount is now an after thought in Mike Sullivan's offense.......Blount responds « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools