Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 21

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

: September 24, 2012, 09:23:50 AM

Previously I thought it was a good idea to rush all out on the kneeldowns.    Why not try to cause a fumble or hope that if there is a fumble, they are rushing hard enough to get the ball?   But the way the Bucs did it on that final play of the game against the Cowboys where the Bucs bunched up three DT's on the center then jumped offsides and hit the center as hard as they could in the head and neck prior to the snap changed my mind.    This is just cheap crap and Schiano needs to be fined or suspended if he keeps it up.   The NFL needs to pass a rule against this as soon as possible.

In my opinion, Schiano is not a man for doing this crap, he's a **CENSORED**.    Maybe if he coached his team better during the game, he wouldn't have to worry about resorting to cheap crap to try to get a lucky break.    He was outcoached so severely against the Cowboys it was pathetic.   

: September 24, 2012, 10:14:31 AM JavaRay

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 24, 2012, 09:27:19 AM

Without the bad mouthing.. I've changed my mind a little bit also. Last week was justified this week.. Not so much. He should be rushing our own quarterback.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 24, 2012, 09:31:23 AM

I think what we saw at the end of the Dallas game was Schiano showing to be consistent in his intent and with his message.

It's pretty damn important for a coach, one way or the other, to be consistent.  Mainly towards his players.  Once you start second guessing and being inconsistent with what you're doing and preaching is the moment you start to lose your players.

CANTCME

Second String

#3 : September 24, 2012, 09:32:25 AM

I agree

Checkmeout

Rookie

#4 : September 24, 2012, 09:33:29 AM

Shut up, if other teams don't like it then tough sh!t.

I've said before they can go with shotgun kneel down or punt formation kneel down if they don't like it, this would take the play out of Schiano's play book. Teams need to adapt, its pretty simple.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 24, 2012, 09:33:38 AM

Maybe if he coached his team better during the game, he wouldn't have to worry about resorting to cheap crap to try to get a lucky break.   
This.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 24, 2012, 09:36:10 AM

Maybe if he coached his team better during the game, he wouldn't have to worry about resorting to cheap crap to try to get a lucky break.   
This.

maybe if his team executed better?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 24, 2012, 09:36:35 AM

I've said before they can go with shotgun kneel down or punt formation kneel down if they don't like it

How does that prevent the Bucs from stacking 3 DT's on the line against the center and hitting him before the snap as hard as they can in the head and neck?    It doesn't.

This is cheap garbage.   It's not NFL football.

CANTCME

Second String

#8 : September 24, 2012, 09:37:42 AM

I've said before they can go with shotgun kneel down or punt formation kneel down if they don't like it, this would take the play out of Schiano's play book. Teams need to adapt, its pretty simple.

just wait till we're fortunate enough to get in the victory formation and a team does it to us, and injures Zuttah or Nicks

youngone

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 24, 2012, 09:38:54 AM

This.

maybe if his team executed better?
That

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 24, 2012, 09:39:08 AM

just wait till we're fortunate enough to get in the victory formation and a team does it to us, and injures Zuttah or Nicks

Exactly

youngone

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 24, 2012, 09:43:02 AM

I honestly believe we'll have to run a play

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 24, 2012, 09:43:17 AM

I think ultimately, if there were any rules violations on that particular play the NFL will address them and I hope that they do. Until it is addressed by the league, I'd expect coach to continue.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 24, 2012, 09:47:17 AM

What?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 24, 2012, 09:52:30 AM

Quote from: JavaRay
He's lucky he's not coaching a more veteran team or the players would refuse this cheap crap.    I have to question Roy Miller's manhood for hitting the opposing center cheap like that.   A man doesn't do that.   He must be scared **CENSORED**less that Schiano will cut him if he doesn't do whatever he's ordered.
I don't think the team intentionally jumped the snap to land a cheap shot on the center. I think they were trying to time the snap and failed. Unfortunately a player took a shot that should not have. I'm pretty sure Ronde Barber is on-board with it, he takes to the field and rushes the edge, but he is only one player. I remember the Giants line said they would refuse, so maybe, not really sure on that one.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools