Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 21

Checkmeout

Rookie

#15 : September 24, 2012, 09:55:36 AM

I've said before they can go with shotgun kneel down or punt formation kneel down if they don't like it

How does that prevent the Bucs from stacking 3 DT's on the line against the center and hitting him before the snap as hard as they can in the head and neck?    It doesn't.

This is cheap garbage.   It's not NFL football.

The way I see it, standard kneel down has a chance to force a fumble as QB is close to LOS. My suggestion, no chance to force fumble if 5+ yards away so wont stack DT's. They are stacking to force the fumble, take this option away and it kills the play in the playbook.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 24, 2012, 09:56:27 AM

Previously I thought it was a good idea to rush all out on the kneeldowns.    Why not try to cause a fumble or hope that if there is a fumble, they are rushing hard enough to get the ball?   But the way the Bucs did it on that final play of the game against the Cowboys where the Bucs bunched up three DT's on the center then jumped offsides and hit the center as hard as they could in the head and neck prior to the snap changed my mind.    This is just cheap crap and Schiano needs to be fined or suspended if he keeps it up.   The NFL needs to pass a rule against this as soon as possible.

In my opinion, Schiano is not a man for doing this crap, he's a **CENSORED**.    Maybe if he coached his team better during the game, he wouldn't have to worry about resorting to cheap crap to try to get a lucky break.    He was outcoached so severely against the Cowboys it was pathetic.

By that logic, PIT should stop blitzing LB, because #92 causes helmet to helmet hits? McCoy should not cross the line because he risked Romo's health on his FR? I guess Raheem's strategie to drop DE into coverage was not just brilliant, but also the way the game was ment to be played, right?

But yes the NFL should do something about this, but JUST the NFL, until,  its a legal play.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#17 : September 24, 2012, 10:00:25 AM

Previously I thought it was a good idea to rush all out on the kneeldowns.    Why not try to cause a fumble or hope that if there is a fumble, they are rushing hard enough to get the ball?   But the way the Bucs did it on that final play of the game against the Cowboys where the Bucs bunched up three DT's on the center then jumped offsides and hit the center as hard as they could in the head and neck prior to the snap changed my mind.    This is just cheap crap and Schiano needs to be fined or suspended if he keeps it up.   The NFL needs to pass a rule against this as soon as possible.

In my opinion, Schiano is not a man for doing this crap, he's a **CENSORED**.    Maybe if he coached his team better during the game, he wouldn't have to worry about resorting to cheap crap to try to get a lucky break.    He was outcoached so severely against the Cowboys it was pathetic.

Amen..Offenses around the league are going to be gunning for our men in the trenches when in fact they should be gunning  for that hard head idiotic coach of ours.

Go back to Jersey you dumb Yank.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : September 24, 2012, 10:00:26 AM

Barber isn't a DT, he's not going to injure anyone on the play.   Bottom line, this crap is unethical and a true sportsman doesn't resort to this crap.   If he wants to rush normal, go ahead.   But don't stack the entire D on the center and pound him in the head.   That's not what the game is all about.   The way it looks, the NFL will pass a rule saying that if the offense wants to down the ball, they can just indicate to the ref that they want to down the ball and 45 seconds will be run off the clock if the D doesn't call time out.   This is just ruining a great game.

Schiano is dirty.   This is basically similar to the Karate Kid where the sensei tells Johnny Lawrence to sweep the leg.   Only difference is the Bucs are basically in a no win situation and sweeping the leg to injure the opponent, then still losing.   Then again Lawrence did lose that fight as well.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 24, 2012, 10:02:18 AM

I've said before they can go with shotgun kneel down or punt formation kneel down if they don't like it

How does that prevent the Bucs from stacking 3 DT's on the line against the center and hitting him before the snap as hard as they can in the head and neck?    It doesn't.

The way I see it, standard kneel down has a chance to force a fumble as QB is close to LOS. My suggestion, no chance to force fumble if 5+ yards away so wont stack DT's. They are stacking to force the fumble, take this option away and it kills the play in the playbook.

Wanna bet?    I'll bet $1000 that if the offense goes into punt formation for the kneeldown, Schiano still stacks the DT's on the center and hits him as hard as they can.   

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 24, 2012, 10:04:01 AM

Here's the video.    It's one of the lowest points in Buccaneer history.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 24, 2012, 10:05:16 AM

Barber isn't a DT, he's not going to injure anyone on the play.   Bottom line, this crap is unethical and a true sportsman doesn't resort to this crap.   If he wants to rush normal, go ahead.   But don't stack the entire D on the center and pound him in the head.   That's not what the game is all about.   The way it looks, the NFL will pass a rule saying that if the offense wants to down the ball, they can just indicate to the ref that they want to down the ball and 45 seconds will be run off the clock if the D doesn't call time out.   This is just ruining a great game.

Schiano is dirty.   This is basically similar to the Karate Kid where the sensei tells Johnny Lawrence to sweep the leg.   Only difference is the Bucs are basically in a no win situation and sweeping the leg to injure the opponent, then still losing.   Then again Lawrence did lose that fight as well.

I'm pretty sure if Romo just stood or took too much time kneeling there, the edge players would have laid him out. There are rules in the game that allow for a team to forfeit which could be explored. Ultimately, it's up to the team who is forfeiting to do so. The winning team should never be allowed to tell the opposing team when it's time to quit. I think a fine if the play was flagrant, will be in order.

Love the Karate Kid reference.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 24, 2012, 10:06:39 AM

Injuries can happen at any time.  It's not a valid argument, IMO.

Not going 100% or loafing is when most injuries occur.  But injuries happen/can happen at any time at any point in the game.

Again, it's 60 minutes of football.  Why does the offense get to dictate when the game is over in a one score, one possession game?  No one has the right to call the game.  Nothing is given.  Everything is earned.

Shame on the coach for preaching to play till the end? Shame on him for being consistent in his message?

It's just like any other play.  Be ready.  EARN your keep until the very end.

dbrooks55

Starter

#23 : September 24, 2012, 10:07:54 AM

Last time I checked this is a contact sport...that isn't much different than a goal line stand ...except Bennett was offsides

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 24, 2012, 10:08:44 AM

Injuries can happen at any time.  It's not a valid argument, IMO.

Not going 100% or loafing is when most injuries occur.  But injuries happen/can happen at any time at any point in the game.

Again, it's 60 minutes of football.  Why does the offense get to dictate when the game is over in a one score, one possession game?  No one has the right to call the game.  Nothing is given.  Everything is earned.

Shame on the coach for preaching to play till the end? Shame on him for being consistent in his message?

It's just like any other play.  Be ready.  EARN your keep until the very end.

I like this mentality personally. I agree with this for the most part, but I'd hate to see an injury happen before or after the whistle. Completely unnecessary. It's like hitting a punt returner before he's had a chance to field the ball, see Clifton Smith/Wesley hit.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 24, 2012, 10:09:00 AM

We'll see what you say when Zuttah sustains a career ending neck injury when the Bucs have to kneel down.
: September 24, 2012, 10:12:24 AM JavaRay

Checkmeout

Rookie

#26 : September 24, 2012, 10:10:13 AM

Wanna bet?    I'll bet $1000 that if the offense goes into punt formation for the kneeldown, Schiano still stacks the DT's on the center and hits him as hard as they can.

If and when it happens I guess we will never know.

so are you saying he is intentionally going into this formation just to hurt/ possibly injure someone rather than force a fumble? I personally don't think he is that kind of person

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 24, 2012, 10:10:36 AM

Again, with the nonsense about the kneeldowns...who cares?

The other team saw it coming, and the BUcs are trying to force a fumble.  THAT IS IT.  There is no dirt involved in it.  Dirty would be for the BUCS to try and hurt someone.  They aren't.  They are trying to cause a fumble.  End of discussion you idiots.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 24, 2012, 10:14:48 AM

Personally I loved it. Saw nothing wrong with it.

Checkmeout

Rookie

#29 : September 24, 2012, 10:15:38 AM

Again, with the nonsense about the kneeldowns...who cares?

The other team saw it coming, and the BUcs are trying to force a fumble.  THAT IS IT.  There is no dirt involved in it.  Dirty would be for the BUCS to try and hurt someone.  They aren't.  They are trying to cause a fumble.  End of discussion you idiots.

Thank you! Too right, I'm trying to be diplomatic and give solutions to people thinking its a negative dirty play.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools