Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#255 : September 30, 2012, 07:36:13 AM

Yeah Java, have no issues with you dude.  Don't think I ever had

You are a PRer for life.

Thanks man.   I appreciate that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#256 : September 30, 2012, 07:47:05 AM

If this happens one more time, I'm done with the Buccaneers. Seriously, you won't see me here anymore if it happens again.

Dont be that guy who says this.  ::)

Seriously , don't be that guy.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#257 : September 30, 2012, 07:51:05 AM

Gruden was at least a professional football coach. These two clowns they hired after him must have escaped from Barnum and Baileys circus at some point. If I owned a circus I wouldn't even let Schiano clean up the elephant poo. He isn't even worthy of that.

You do wax poetic.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#258 : September 30, 2012, 08:03:57 AM

Gruden was at least a professional football coach. These two clowns they hired after him must have escaped from Barnum and Baileys circus at some point. If I owned a circus I wouldn't even let Schiano clean up the elephant poo. He isn't even worthy of that.

You do wax poetic.

Schiano is a baller

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#259 : September 30, 2012, 08:27:09 AM

I will give Schiano credit for being over 15 years old.   So he's got that over Pewter Pirate.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#260 : September 30, 2012, 08:45:33 AM

I will give Schiano credit for being over 15 years old.   So he's got that over Pewter Pirate.

Do not care what anybody thinks of you Java.  You've got a great sense of humor. If you were at the game todat I would buy you a beer..

You just need to ride the ball busting Sciano wave.  Just ride my friend!

Checkmeout

Rookie

#261 : October 14, 2012, 04:11:51 PM

Shut up, if other teams don't like it then tough sh!t.

I've said before they can go with shotgun kneel down or punt formation kneel down if they don't like it, this would take the play out of Schiano's play book. Teams need to adapt, its pretty simple.

Final play of the game, well done Schiano for reading my post  ;D

imperial_bucs

Rookie

#262 : October 14, 2012, 04:14:16 PM

sorry to start a new thread, i noticed this myself, i loved it!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#263 : October 14, 2012, 06:03:45 PM

The chances for a fumble on a shotgun formation are about 1000 times higher than a normal snap.

Bucfest

Rookie

#264 : October 14, 2012, 07:33:37 PM

I think Java is cheap.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#265 : October 14, 2012, 08:12:32 PM

I think Java is cheap.

Why, because pointing out a center THROWING the ball a few yards back towards the QB, instead of sticking it into the hands of him, makes it harder for the QB to CONTROLL the ball?
1000 times prolly is just wild guess, but in the right direction, imo. Still, this way the C can not be pushed into the QB as easily anymore.

But what i ask myself, why did we use a different kneel down today, looking at win vs CAR? Would we have kneel downed from the shotgun if the game was not out of reach for the chiefs? Did we rather protect freeman here, instead of minimizing the chance of a fumble? Proteccing him from a cheap shot as answer to our kneel down attack vs other teams or out of frustration about the loss. Or did we try to hide our 'play for the win' in week 1, to maximize our chance on kneel down attack in later games, abusing the 'unwritten law' Schiano expected the panthers to not break?

My biggest defense for schiano on the kneel down attack was him not hiding anything about it, because i do not believe in that 'unwritten law', when Offense still feel the need to call out the kneel down.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#266 : October 14, 2012, 08:15:15 PM

The "unwritten law" is for pussies. Not surprised java supports it.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#267 : October 14, 2012, 08:34:49 PM

The "unwritten law" is for pussies. Not surprised java supports it.

as i recall it, java disliked the attack on the C's helmet, not the attack on the kneel down in general. If you wanna other to show class/ use logic, start with yourself. (plural you)

either way its the up to the NFL to do something about, if desired. Not schiano, as far as i know we still participate in kick offs, despite schianos comment about.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#268 : October 15, 2012, 01:30:53 AM

I noticed the Chiefs did not rush on that kneel down.   

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#269 : October 15, 2012, 01:39:34 AM

I noticed the Chiefs did not rush on that kneel down.

The Chiefs were 4 TDs away from a tie game. Even if the Bucs fumbled the snap at the end there would be not single chance to win for them. The only time Schiano will call the crash the kneel down play is if his team still has some slim chance to cause a fumble and win the game. Not saying that I defend the victory formation crash, but your observation/statement was childish.

Page: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools