Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 24, 2012, 10:18:09 AM

We'll see what you say when Zuttah sustains a career ending neck injury when the Bucs have to kneel down.

What if we would loose our starting RG in a meaningless presason game?

Again, up to the NFL, no one else. We do not need a 2nd A. Sears, on either side.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : September 24, 2012, 10:18:26 AM

I think the NFL will put in a new rule that the QB can signal to the ref similar to what a punt returner does on a fair catch.   The returner signals for a fair catch, he can't return and must be given the right to catch the ball.   If the QB signals that he wants to down the ball, the refs automatically run 45 seconds off the clock unless the D calls a timeout.   Sure, it sucks and will ruin the game some, but the league can thank Schiano and his cheap coaching for that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 24, 2012, 10:20:18 AM

Who cares if others thought it was dirty. The NFL didn't think it was dirty otherwise they would have told them to stop. There was no controversy about it afterward. Maybe if you guys write a letter to the nfl to ban the kneel downs you could stop it. For now it seems nobody cares.
: September 24, 2012, 10:22:08 AM BucBalla85

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#33 : September 24, 2012, 10:21:03 AM

Not too much difference than an offsides ona FG block, etc. at the end of the game.  That is more on the players, not the coach IMHO.

Its a tough play, and to be honest I am not in love with it, but I don't hate it.

What I do love is the nasty attitude we are building.  Do you think Ray Lewis and the Ravens ever gave a crap when teams hated them?

To be blount, the only reason I doubt the play is our offense can't move the ball during the whole game so what makes us think we can move it with a minute left.  That should really be the talk by other teams - so what if we fumble, what the heck are the Bucs going to do with it... punt it back to us?

I am more confident we will score with the defense on the field... and that is exciting, yet quite disappointing.  It is going to take a hell of a coaching effort to keep this defense from quiting with an offense like we have right now.
: September 24, 2012, 10:23:16 AM BaghdadJoe54

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 24, 2012, 10:21:41 AM

Maybe if he coached his team better during the game, he wouldn't have to worry about resorting to cheap crap to try to get a lucky break.   
This.

maybe if his team executed better?
That

Yeah really. If you watched a second of our offense, you should see a lot of poor execution. Was it coached wrong? Considering we've ran the ball better and passed the ball better? I would say not.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 24, 2012, 10:23:12 AM

Bennett was offsides

Bennett, Miller and McCoy all hit the center prior to the snap.

I guess Schiano is pissed about about LeGrand being paralyzed so he wants to paralyze the opposing linemen with cheap shots to their head and neck as revenge.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 24, 2012, 10:24:22 AM

Who cares if others thought it was dirty. The NFL didn't think it was dirty otherwise they would have told them to stop. There was no controversy about it afterward. Maybe if you guys write a letter to the nfl to ban the kneel downs you could stop it. For now it seems nobody cares.

This defense is nasty and I guarantee you that everyone of them is loving the attitude by the head coach. I think we can all agree the defense is buying in to Schiano's coaching. The offense is slower coming along. We have to keep in mind that this is Freeman's 4th year and 3rd different OC and 3rd different scheme.

We all know the story behind Alex Smith and now that he has had a chance to learn the offense and stay in it, he is doing much better.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

csidedave

Second String
#37 : September 24, 2012, 10:25:12 AM

I have to say that I have completely changed my mind too.  Seeing it run three straight times made it look unnecessary and dangerous. It will lead to injuries, fights and bad blood. 

Like a fair catch, maybe you shouldn't be able to go after the ball unless there is a fumble.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 24, 2012, 10:27:25 AM

You are always wrong, and you are wrong here.    I guarantee the NFL passes some rule to prevent this cheap play.    It's the cheapest thing I've seen called by the HC in the NFL other than Buddy Ryan telling his team to go after the Cowboys kicker and I've been watching since 1973.    I guess every other head coach since 1973 had dignity and respect for the game, while Schiano does not.   I think Schiano is one and done.   I look for the Bucs to replace him at the end of the year.   He was lucky it rained a monsoon week 1 or he'd have lost that one as well.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 24, 2012, 10:30:50 AM

This defense is nasty and I guarantee you that everyone of them is loving the attitude by the head coach. I think we can all agree the defense is buying in to Schiano's coaching. The offense is slower coming along. We have to keep in mind that this is Freeman's 4th year and 3rd different OC and 3rd different scheme.

We all know the story behind Alex Smith and now that he has had a chance to learn the offense and stay in it, he is doing much better.

Agree about the defense. Reason I love the play at the end is they don't quit. Eli and the media wanted the guys to quit. People on PR starting threads saying it was dirty said for Schiano to stop. He said **CENSORED** you! We're coming no matter what and you better be prepared for it. He's driving this mentality home and guys are buying in. I love what he's doing here. His style isn't for everybody I understand that but it's what this team needed. As for the offense they need to step up or they will be replaced.

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#40 : September 24, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

Bennett was offsides

I guess Schiano is pissed about about LeGrand being paralyzed so he wants to paralyze the opposing linemen with cheap shots to their head and neck as revenge.

Your an azz.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 24, 2012, 11:17:13 AM

If you don't think there's a high probability of a neck injury doing that crap, you are lying to yourself.   

youngone

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 24, 2012, 11:26:58 AM

Bennett was offsides

What a classless thing to say.. That's usually par for the course for you but that's just stupid and classless.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 24, 2012, 11:30:40 AM

Hey, I hate that LeGrand got hurt.   I'd also hate if an opposing lineman got hurt.   That is FAR from classless.   Schiano doing that crap is going to result in an unnecessary injury - possibly paralyzation.    If anything, my post is pure class. I don't want to see those injuries happening.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 24, 2012, 11:31:00 AM

I don't love the play or hate it but either way its still a legal play. The defense earned the right to finish the game knocking somebody on their ass.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools