Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#270 : October 15, 2012, 01:44:29 AM

Actually, using the shotgun formation at the end was childish.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#271 : October 15, 2012, 07:15:18 AM

Protecting freeman in a meaningless play from a 'childish' try to give schiano a lesson about kneel downs looks like 'matured' analysis of the situation.

Our backup QB, gave KC their only TD.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#272 : October 15, 2012, 07:51:49 AM

Protecting freeman in a meaningless play from a 'childish' try to give schiano a lesson about kneel downs looks like 'matured' analysis of the situation.

Our backup QB, gave KC their only TD.

I think Java is just pissed because he was hoping to see some team give the Bucs kneeldown"payback" , and now he sees that can't happen.  Schiano has outsmarted the rest of the league again. Baller !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JohnT

Starter

#273 : September 13, 2013, 10:13:23 PM

It seems some saw it coming long ago, but now it does look like Shiano and his Neanderthal college ways have no place in the NFL.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#274 : September 13, 2013, 11:51:06 PM

It seems some saw it coming long ago, but now it does look like Shiano and his Neanderthal college ways have no place in the NFL.
Just like some saw that Tebow has no place in the NFL, unlike that original poster guy.

Sorry, Java, I just had to write that.

JohnT

Starter

#275 : September 14, 2013, 01:18:38 AM

Tebow has already proven he can win playoff games in the NFL.   

bashear

Hall of Famer

#276 : September 14, 2013, 03:16:02 AM

Tebow has already proven he can win playoff games in the NFL.   
Where's he playing?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#277 : September 14, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

I really don't care about the kneeldown plays, but schiano is not a good coach.

Those plays were legit, and I like the passion it represents (never give up), but all it really did was give the bucs a big FU from the league in the form of watchdog, bias refs and the presumable "bad" media that ensued.

IDK I would've called it, but he did. Honestly though, to me it never was a big deal. It's like players complaining about having to have ST duties...it's in the rules of the game, therefore expect it to happen. Obviously the nfl lords don't care about it too much either, because from my understanding ...still legal.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#278 : September 14, 2013, 09:21:37 AM

Considering the rule changes there is no excuse for opposing teams to cry about the kneeldown rush. They can avoid it easily.

JohnT

Starter

#279 : September 14, 2013, 11:15:35 AM

Considering the rule changes there is no excuse for opposing teams to cry about the kneeldown rush. They can avoid it easily.

And what rule changes might those be?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#280 : September 14, 2013, 11:42:25 AM

Certain formation do not allow the defense to touch the center at all. How about kneeling from those.?The game is over, right? Then who cares about a loss of 7-8 yards?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#281 : September 14, 2013, 11:44:20 AM

or how about we just honor a long time tradition of good sportsmanship and don't do it.

JohnT

Starter

#282 : September 14, 2013, 11:45:01 AM

Certain formation do not allow the defense to touch the center at all. How about kneeling from those.?The game is over, right? Then who cares about a loss of 7-8 yards?

Schiano must be pissed off about that.   Can't take cheap shots at the opposing center after he's already lost the game.

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#283 : September 14, 2013, 11:47:08 AM

I have changed my mind too.  The Victory formation is to avoid running up a score.  Otherwise, it is the wussy formation.  I don't like seeing our guys get pummeled after they attack the wussy formation. 

The NFL should change a rule:

Force the offense to run a play if it is ahead by 8 points or less.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#284 : September 14, 2013, 11:49:50 AM

Schiano must be pissed off about that.   Can't take cheap shots at the opposing center after he's already lost the game.

This implies you claiming he just wants to take a shot at the center instead of getting the ball back. Good luck proving that.
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I've changed my mind on the kneeldown plays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools