Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Learning Curve « previous next »
Page: 1

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

: September 27, 2012, 06:18:26 PM

It's obvious that any coach that may have came on board with the Bucs would have had a tough job ahead of him.  It's also clear that whoever was chosen as the coach would have a tough time winning over the fans.  With Shiano coming aboard he has brought a new culture with him.  There appears to be a divide among the fans as to whether the "toeing the line" approach will work in the pros or will eventually alienate the players.   Time will tell.

For a college coach to make the transition to the pro level must be unbelievably difficult.  My question is where do you think Coach S has excelled and where is he missing the mark so far?  Is he the answer long term or another guy that will be a bad memory in a couple of years.  I realize it's to early answer these questions with anything but opinion and guesses but it may be fun to come back to this thread in a year or more later to see how it worked out.

TheQ

Starter

#1 : September 27, 2012, 06:21:13 PM

He's leaps and bounds ahead of the Rah Years at one buc place.
After 3 games you want to dissect his every decision. Com'on man.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 27, 2012, 07:36:51 PM

Nah, just interested in first impressions.  And the most obvious thing I see going on or not as the case may be is his lack of halftime adjustments.  Just an observation I like the guy so far.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 27, 2012, 07:45:29 PM

You can't deny that he makes them accountable.  He makes them give effort.  The difference in preparedness is remarkable.  Way ahead of where I thought they would be at this point. 

I do hope the stubbornness is from a lack of experience at this level.  It isn't difficult to go back and understand why coaches have failed. I hope Shiano is doing his homework. 

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#4 : September 27, 2012, 08:22:50 PM

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 27, 2012, 08:24:38 PM

That's some funny stuff!  LOL!!!

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 27, 2012, 08:49:30 PM

Nah, just interested in first impressions.  And the most obvious thing I see going on or not as the case may be is his lack of halftime adjustments.  Just an observation I like the guy so far.

Schiano gave a breakdown of how little time there really is to make these at the half.  The rift was adjustments were done on the fly.

I still think it has more to do with this staff learning to work together in the gametime environment.  It's foolish to expect the players to excel when the staff is out of step.

All that splather aside, the toughness and effort most all players have shown has exceeeded my expectations so far.  We're a competitive team.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 28, 2012, 06:59:20 AM

We have been competitive every week, which is an improvement from last year.  I hope Shiano can keep us moving in the right direction.  Being competitive without wins will not be ok for long. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Learning Curve « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools