Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers Robbed.... Enough is enough « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 25, 2012, 12:41:19 AM

I keep rewinding and replaying it. Unfortunately for the Packers, Jennings is still in the air when the ball can no longer be seen. At that point, they have to go with the ruling on the field. It doesn't matter if it's obvious that it should have been an interception, it has to be visually obvious to overturn it, to the point of no contention.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 25, 2012, 12:43:02 AM

Irony: one of the sticking points by the NFL is they want to be able to 'bench' Officials based on performance...

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 25, 2012, 12:43:38 AM

I keep rewinding and replaying it. Unfortunately for the Packers, Jennings is still in the air when the ball can no longer be seen. At that point, they have to go with the ruling on the field. It doesn't matter if it's obvious that it should have been an interception, it has to be visually obvious to overturn it, to the point of no contention.

Do you know the rule for simultaneous possession?

-------------------------------------------------------

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 25, 2012, 12:44:56 AM

Tweet of the night.....

Nadeem Jaffer‏@njaffer23

Tweet of the night! WIN! RT@NYPost_Serby: Those refs should be forced to line up in victory formation against Greg Schiano's #Buccaneers #FB

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 25, 2012, 12:47:12 AM

ESPN Commentator to Golden Tate:

"Did you push off?"

Golden Tate:

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sorry dude, that's lame.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 25, 2012, 12:48:19 AM

are the regular refs having a party right now?

They are partying hard than Mercury Morris was when the Giants beat the Pats during their attempt at perfection.
: September 25, 2012, 12:54:10 AM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 25, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 of the NFL rulebook discusses a simultaneous catch.

"If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control"

-------------------------------------------------------

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 25, 2012, 12:50:12 AM

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 of the NFL rulebook discusses a simultaneous catch.

"If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control"

That pretty much covers that play right there.  And to say the WR had "joint control" is being generous.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 25, 2012, 12:52:35 AM

As I understand it from listening to them, if both guys catch it at the same time and come down with it, it goes to the offense. I don't think that's the case in this scenario, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 25, 2012, 12:53:09 AM

COULDN'T HAPPEN TO A BETTER TEAM.

**CENSORED** Green Bay.

How many games do they win at Lambblow 'cause the refs help them?
Detroit at GB last December (Week 16 or 17) was a Horrible 1st Half of officiating.

**CENSORED** Green Bay  ;D
Excellent post.

In Verner We Trust

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#40 : September 25, 2012, 12:53:18 AM

That was an interception. And I HATE the Packers. Also, golden Tate is a tool bag for his comments after the game.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 25, 2012, 12:53:19 AM

Lol @ "it has to be visually obvious to overturn it, to the point of no contention."

...as if it wasn't to everyone who doesn't hate the Pack or have to use a seeing-eye-dog.

I mean seriously...I had no clue the NFL was now translating game broadcasts to Braille.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 25, 2012, 12:53:24 AM

That pretty much covers that play right there.  And to say the WR had "joint control" is being generous.

I don't think anyone is actually arguing it was simultaneous possession, but the point is once it's called that on the field, it falls under that rule and becomes non-reviewable.

There certainly wasn't any joint possession but the **CENSORED**ty call was what it was.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 25, 2012, 12:53:48 AM

Agree with Hate. Jennings clearly had possession of the ball 1st and Tate came in later and got his arms around the ball. 

I actually agree with what Dilfer said on espn "This decision is insulting to the fans and every ones intelligence."

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#44 : September 25, 2012, 12:54:06 AM

How is this any different than the td that santonio Holmes caught in the end zone in the super bowl that resulted in the refs stealing a Super Bowl from Arizona. He had only one foot touch the ground. Anyone else see two?  That wAs with real officials and was the biggest scam ever.

Wtf are you talking about? Holmes had 2 feet down.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers Robbed.... Enough is enough « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools